SER - cryptic FB post re: B sides

The Facebook post is limited audience so I didn't post it as you probably won't see it - so pictured instead:

41444_ser_bsides.png

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a tweet from someone who seems to have inside knowledge, Implying that there might be a deluxe version of the album in a few months.

If true, I'm all for it. Just when we're getting a bit bored of the new album, we'll have some new songs to look forward too.

I saw a tweet from someone who seems to have inside knowledge, Implying that there might be a deluxe version of the album in a few months.

If true, I'm all for it. Just when we're getting a bit bored of the new album, we'll have some new songs to look forward too.

Rather than repackaging the album with extra tracks I'd rather just get a 6 track EP instead.

Yeah. I don't mind buying the album twice. I paid $9.99 for it. I'll buy a deluxe and give the first edition to a friend that doesn't know Moz. It will be like proselytising. I'm a regular Jesus (just without all the good things about him).

Rather than repackaging the album with extra tracks I'd rather just get a 6 track EP instead.
Yeah that would be ideal for those of us who already own multiple copy's but I'm assuming it's a marketing ploy to try and sell more copy's of the album, boost ticket sales etc.

I have a funny feeling that Moz will re-release World Peace on Ettiene and include the leftover tracks from the LiHS sessions.
But what about the WPINOYB extra tracks. I can see him re-releasing it but putting extra tracks form a new album on to an old album would be a bit confusing.

Yeah. I don't mind buying the album twice. I paid $9.99 for it. I'll buy a deluxe and give the first edition to a friend that doesn't know Moz. It will be like proselytising. I'm a regular Jesus (just without all the good things about him).
I thought at the time it was a bit of a strange decision to release the deluxe addition of WPINOYB at the same time as the 12 track version. I was great at the time, having 18 new songs at once but then apart from the tour we didn't have any new songs/b-sides to look forward to.

This was the person who wrote the tweet I was talking about

"There will be a Deluxe (2CD/Double LP) edition of 'Low In High School' coming out early next year, methinks.This will feature some of the songs recorded that never made the album. ;)"

But what about the WPINOYB extra tracks. I can see him re-releasing it but putting extra tracks form a new album on to an old album would be a bit confusing.

Are you referring to the extra tracks on the WPINOYB deluxe edition? I dont think anything else was recorded during those sessions.

Are you referring to the extra tracks on the WPINOYB deluxe edition? I dont think anything else was recorded during those sessions.

Yeah, I was referring to those. I just think it would be strange to remove those and replace them with extra tracks from LIHS.

Yeah, I was referring to those. I just think it would be strange to remove those and replace them with extra tracks from LIHS.

Yeah you’re right. But the move I suggested wouldn’t be totally out of character. And I suppose there needs to be some incentive for people to re-purchase World Peace.

Just because SER said the tracks are good....do you really believe him? His taste has been a little suspect with all those half naked women photos. Truthfully, it would be great if they were because I am struggling with most of the tracks on this new album. Ask yourself...what track do you get excited about playing again after hearing the album in it's entirety? How many tracks do you skip when you go back to play it through again? That is the first true test of a great album. This is the least commercial record he has every made.

"There will be a Deluxe (2CD/Double LP) edition of 'Low In High School' coming out early next year, methinks.This will feature some of the songs recorded that never made the album. ;)"

I hope the double LP comes in some more colour variants - green, transparent, yellow, blue and orange are not enough. Where's my flamingo pink variant, damn it!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom