SER: "A Larks' Tongue In April" - Morrissey interview - Morrissey Central (24 June, 2019)

The Interview. - Morrissey Central
June 24, 2019

A LARKS’ TONGUE IN APRIL.

conversation with Morrissey,

April 2019, by Sam Esty Rayner.

*we apologize for the delay in printing this interview.

Excerpt:

"sam:
You cancelled 6 shows in Italy because of the incident. People are beginning to think your middle name is Cancellation.

M:
I know. But, as far as I can see, many bands cancel and nothing is ever said about it. The song and dance made about my cancellations is usually from people who wouldn’t go to the concert in the first place.

sam:
But you will play the Canada dates?

M:
Yes.

sam:
Is your hand bad? Obviously it’s covered.

M:
The stitches are out now but if I had shaken anyone’s hand last week blood would have spurted. That’s not a nice greeting.

sam:
I don’t think anyone ever believes that you’re ill, or that you fell, or whatever.

M:
I know. Generally colds and flu are passed on to me, and there’s nothing you can do when your voice is your instrument. I go to abnormal lengths to avoid colds."

PastedGraphic-1.jpg

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/234417-the-interview

Covering a lot of recent (and old) topics.
Full transcript reproduced below in parts (due to word limits).
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He wasn't even talking about himself or his own allegations.

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?"
It's a rhetorical question and the answer implied is: No.
It must be understood that "racist" is a synonym for "evil" in our culture.
He's not saying that everyone is racist. He's not criticizing people for generally preferring their own races- it's just an observation. He's more criticizing the word as a criticism than making any comment on its meaning. He's saying that the negative accusation of "racism" is meaningless because everyone is ultimately racially biased- which is not necessarily negative. The term can be applied to anyone.

Thanks for that. You're right. I just got a little upset because of the outpouring of hate that’s happened because of this interview.
I wish I could post your comment under every negative tweet and article I’ve read. Maybe I will :)

As a point of interest, I find Morrissey interesting because of his lack of change since 1991 (when my ears were piqued).

And when I heard The Smiths records (again) c. 1993 I heard the same person.

And when I hear him now, I hear the same person.

So some, or one of us, none of us, or all of us is/are daft?

Are they / are you hearing a different person?

I simply do not understand the apparent shock.

I actually don’t believe it is there. Not really. No -one could be that daft? Could they?

I mean, you would have to be an idiot of monumental self-indulging proportions. And carry it through for a quarter of a century.

Wouldn’t you?

Did you?

Steve Hoffman forums. They censor right wing/conservative/ alt right views way more than left wing/progressive/liberal views. Not surprising since Steve and his monitors are all left wing/progressives

https://stevehoffman.tv

The Steve Hoffman Music forum is great. It requires registration and is tightly moderated to avoid politics, religion, hate speech, name-calling, etc. The focus is on MUSIC.

There's currently a Morrissey thread that goes through and rates each song - they've just finished Viva Hate. If you want to just discuss music - it's the place to go!

This is a revealing statement. No, Morrissey, I can assure you that not everyone prefers their own race. Fortunately, that's not the world I live in. I certainly know that I don't prefer my own race, "ultimately" or otherwise. Does this make Morrissey racist? Well, I honestly didn't think he was before, but he's pretty much just admitted that's exactly what he is.
What's your favourite race?

Those are A cups. I'm a full D. I win.

Moz doesnt have mental issues about his weight, or his hair, or his age.

:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: on the other hand, is a human bundle of hang ups. a 59 year old cuck
who thinks hes a teenager, wit numerous tattoos FFS.:pray:
it seems his 'figure':laughing: has gone to pot, with 2 HUGE FAT ROLLS:ahhh:

then the flowery shirt looking like a sausage casing poor miserable twat.doh:

But making a statement like this that he KNOWS will be taken as racist and used against him, for a man of such intellect I can’t believe it’s done for any other reason than to be controversial and inflame.

This is exactly the the thing. Recorded in April, released in June. You have to ask what happened between then and now that would make him change his mind and say "f*** it. I WANT people to know I think this."

OR it could be a sincerely held conviction that Moz thinks needs to be said by someone. And Moz is one of the few people in the world with the balls to say it and can take the heat that comes with saying it. John Cleese kind of dip his toe in the water when he said "London is no longer an English city" but started walking things back once the backlash set in. But Moz has the moral fortitude to stick to his guns. So maybe Moz thought "If I don't say it, no one will."

This is exactly the the thing. Recorded in April, released in June. You have to ask what happened between then and now that would make him change his mind and say "f*** it. I WANT people to know I think this."

OR it could be a sincerely held conviction that Moz thinks needs to be said by someone. And Moz is one of the few people in the world with the balls to say it and can take the heat that comes with saying it. John Cleese kind of dip his toe in the water when he said "London is no longer an English city" but started walking things back once the backlash set in. But Moz has the moral fortitude to stick to his guns. So maybe Moz thought "If I don't say it, no one will."
Morrissey is not the A-list spokesperson you and your 'movement' fantasize about. All of his clumsy and tone-deaf justifications are in defense of himself. They are sloppy attempts to absolve himself of the accusation of racism. Whatever you wish them to be in your sad and distorted little world, they are not proclamations of white pride in any reasonable person's reality.

What’s even funnier is it’s not even a quote from me, LOL. Truth made up an untruth, what’s new?
It's (obviously, I would think) a parody of what you said but it's the same thing, just restated.

And I don't think you understand what the purpose of "science" is but I certainly did not "reject science." Science is always the best answer using the best model of reality we have until a better model comes along. Science is always actually a study of how we interpret our environment as much as it is a study of our environment because ultimately you can not eliminate the fact that all data is interpreted. I think you believe that "it is a fact that IQ breaks down according to 'ethnicity' and science has proven this."
(By the way, the fact that you say ethnicity instead of race is an example of why I say you're a smoother version of the same knuckle-dragging idiocy promoted by ForgotHowIGotMyName and others.)
But moving on, if you do believe that you are more intelligent than a person with darker skin, and that this is proven by "science" you really are an idiot. And isn't that really the point of this?

Last edited:
Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom