SER: "A Larks' Tongue In April" - Morrissey interview - Morrissey Central (24 June, 2019)

The Interview. - Morrissey Central
June 24, 2019

A LARKS’ TONGUE IN APRIL.

conversation with Morrissey,

April 2019, by Sam Esty Rayner.

*we apologize for the delay in printing this interview.

Excerpt:

"sam:
You cancelled 6 shows in Italy because of the incident. People are beginning to think your middle name is Cancellation.

M:
I know. But, as far as I can see, many bands cancel and nothing is ever said about it. The song and dance made about my cancellations is usually from people who wouldn’t go to the concert in the first place.

sam:
But you will play the Canada dates?

M:
Yes.

sam:
Is your hand bad? Obviously it’s covered.

M:
The stitches are out now but if I had shaken anyone’s hand last week blood would have spurted. That’s not a nice greeting.

sam:
I don’t think anyone ever believes that you’re ill, or that you fell, or whatever.

M:
I know. Generally colds and flu are passed on to me, and there’s nothing you can do when your voice is your instrument. I go to abnormal lengths to avoid colds."

PastedGraphic-1.jpg

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/234417-the-interview

Covering a lot of recent (and old) topics.
Full transcript reproduced below in parts (due to word limits).
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just a theory.

This interview was done in April but they didn't put it out (for whatever reason. I'm gonna conjecture on the whatever reason. I'm gonna guess that is someone said to Morrissey "Dude, Moz, you went way too hardcore in that interview. I'm not sure putting that out is the best idea. You will lose every single one of your liberal fans and they will never forgive you. " and maybe Moz saw reason in that. At the time.

But then Pingate happened and Moz lost all his liberal fans anyway. BUT he became something of a folk hero in Alt Right circles. Black Pigeon Speaks did a video about him, his homeboy Styx did a video, Paul Joseph Watson wrote a bunch of articles one of which got on Drudge.

What if Morrissey just said "f*** it. If the liberals will never forgive me, then I will just go get a new fanbase! Sam, release the interview!"

What if Moz is just blatantly make a play for the Alt Right? Whatever you might think of it, the Alt Right (and adjacent) is still a huge presence on the internet, with a large audience capable of giving him tons of free advertising and positive press. I mean, why wouldn't he do that if the Alt Right are the only people who don't hate him at this point?
What's he got to lose? He doesn't have go on any podcasts. He can keep a tactical distance but just put out a edgy interview every once in a while and the Alt Right will fan his balls. That would be my theory as to why he would do this interview in April but not release it until now. He had something to lose then but he's got nothing to lose now.

Just a theory.
it will work until someone on Breitbart or Gateway Pundit discover the eff Trump shirts he made his band wear. Or his desire for an open US Southern Border.

in my mind, racism is thinking one race is superior to another and believing this to be objective fact. preferring your own race, or, rather, asserting that everyone prefers their own race, may seem a bit small minded but it doesn't seem like racism to me since it implies an admission of subjectivity that applies to everyone. if you grew up without much exposure to any races other than your own and if you had a strong cultural background I can easily see how your identity would be wrapped up in your race to the point of preferring it to other races. that doesn't mean you dislike other races or think that they are lesser. it's not any more racist than my saying that Japanese people are my favourite Asians.
No racism is not about someone being wrong or right it is about accepting the scientific concept of different human races. I know there are different races so therefor I am a racist and believe in racism cause it is a fact.

The word has been used wrongly for ages now by people as yourself who are far too afraid to study it. Being a racist and understanding racism is not the same as hating people from another race but it is the acceptance that races are different.

Black people in Africa cannot process milk and might die if they drink it. There are so many differences but few want to understand that.

If racist and racism was replaced by words of meaning it would mean something but now it doesn't but for those ignorant and uneducated people that hijacked it and turned it into something else.

It would be better to talk about white supremacy and black supremacy and yello supremacy rather than racism.

The field was in Kent Moz, not Surrey....(what with the Woking mention and your desire to see The Jam reformed I'm wondering about your apparent fascination with this part of the world). That line-up was awesome, and I was amazed how little publicity it received too.
It was the Hop Farm Festival - a kind of anti-Glastonbury event with no big corporate sponsors that happened a few times a few years back. Really wish I went now even though I'm not a festival type of person.

The fact it was a kind of anti-capitalist fest and got no reviews is very, let's just say, interesting.

Not for you the israeli agents here that are increasing in numbers all the time. They pop up at every forum and chat eventually.

People have no idea what they are up against. I have been questioned twice by police about this website.
I'd love an Israeli agent to knock on my door. It would be interesting to see how sinister they really are. I can imagine he'd look like George Soros's twin.

But I doubt I'd find out because my Dobermann would have ripped off his face by then.

Last edited:
It's a quote from bhops. I linked to it for you. He read some pretty decent experts. I think it's funny. I am sorry if this affects you in some way that causes you further sadness but I sent you a picture of two (white) kittens.

Edit: Okay, I switched it from "As I've read a couple of really decent ex-military intel analysts state these past few weeks," to "some pretty decent experts," so it's not actually a quote, but like most of what he writes the sheen provided by the extra words doesn't really affect the meaning or lack thereof in a measurable way.

haha the irony! did you do that on purpose? either way, that's a horrendous sentence.

haha the irony! did you do that on purpose? either way, that's a horrendous sentence.
What’s even funnier is it’s not even a quote from me, LOL. Truth made up an untruth, what’s new?

From For Britain's 2019 Mini Manifesto:

Education
For Britain will:
• End the funding of transgender advocacy groups and hold a public inquiry into their teachings in schools

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/forbritain/pages/113/attachments/original/1558895076/For_Britain_Mini-Manifesto_March_2019_v2.5.pdf?1558895076

So not only is For Britain Racist but also Transphobic as well....
Good. No funding for the encouragement of freakery.

Kids need education, not perverted and nonsensical brainwashing.

Very sensible party by the sound of things.

I'd love an Israeli agent to knock on my door. It would be interesting to see how sinister they really are. I can imagine he'd look like George Soros's twin.

But I doubt I'd find out because my Dobermann would have ripped off his face by then.
This is one of the corniest things you’ve ever posted, which is impressive in its own way.

Seems strange that it took months for an interview to come out that was basically all done by Camp Morrissey. In any case, glad to hear that the next album is a departure from LIHS... I wish they would have discussed that topic a little more. Also, the reason why they have to wait to release it. Must be the record company's call or something like that. It's not often that we hear Morrissey express regrets about his actions, so nice that he said what he did about Robert Smith.

The reasons why he has to wait with the release of the new album are fairly obvious to me. California Son has just been released - a bit of a gap filler between 2 proper albums - and even LIHS wasn't such a long time ago.

And if I were the record company, I would tell Morrissey to disappear for a while, or at least stop talking (politics) for a while, so that the shit storm around him could die. Commercially speaking, there is no point in releasing another Morrissey album in the current climate, regardless of how good it might be. Tough luck for those eager to hear his new songs, that's right.

Everyone ultimately prefers their own race …

I see it as he's talking about unconscious bias, so yes, he is factually correct, we are drawn to people that are the same as us. But making a statement like this that he KNOWS will be taken as racist and used against him, for a man of such intellect I can’t believe it’s done for any other reason than to be controversial and inflame. In his mind he must think he’s being very clever. But it’s just making him look stupid and giving the press another reason to report negatively. I hope he's true to his word and does take a step back from it all now. I think it’s too late for us though and we can safely kiss goodbye to a UK tour now :(

Everyone ultimately prefers their own race …

I see it as he's talking about unconscious bias, so yes, he is factually correct, we are drawn to people that are the same as us. But making a statement like this that he KNOWS will be taken as racist and used against him, for a man of such intellect I can’t believe it’s done for any other reason than to be controversial and inflame. In his mind he must think he’s being very clever. But it’s just making him look stupid and giving the press another reason to report negatively. I hope he's true to his word and does take a step back from it all now. I think it’s too late for us though and we can safely kiss goodbye to a UK tour now :(

So you agree with the statement yet you say it makes him look stupido_O

Truth can often be dismissed with trigger words such as racist

So you agree with the statement yet you say it makes him look stupido_O

Truth can often be dismissed with trigger words such as racist

Do I agree that affinity bias is a thing, but once we're aware of it then we can consciously change how we think and act? Yes I do. His statement was stupid because he used it in the same sentence as racism, and as a way of justifying and defending being called racist. Ie 'I can’t be racist because everyone is'. Ridiculous. It was just being deliberately controversial. And he's not a rebellious 20 year old fighting the system now, he’s a grown ass man who should know better than to feed the press with exactly what they want.

Do I agree that affinity bias is a thing, but once we're aware of it then we can consciously change how we think and act? Yes I do. His statement was stupid because he used it in the same sentence as racism, and as a way of justifying and defending being called racist. Ie 'I can’t be racist because everyone is'. Ridiculous. It was just being deliberately controversial. And he's not a rebellious 20 year old fighting the system now, he’s a grown ass man who should know better than to feed the press with exactly what they want.

A grown ass man doesn't need to mince words. I appreciate Morrissey being blunt and defending charges of racism by simply speaking truth

It’s been hard to get that night out of my head, Adumb. The sight of your constantly spinning round to bark at people. lol
It's all in your head man. It might be time to let go of it. It's unhealthy. Or maybe that's why you continue to stalk me? We all seem to encounter some creepy person eventually. It seems like you've volunteered yourself to be mine. How about you introduce yourself to the class?

A grown ass man doesn't need to mince words. I appreciate Morrissey being blunt and defending charges of racism by simply speaking truth

It’s not the statement I disagree with...I’m with you, the statement isn’t racist, I don’t believe for one second Moz is racist, and good on him for defending false charges against him of which there have been plenty. But this wasn’t taken out of context in an interview by a journalist with an agenda, it was put in the deliberate carefully worded 'interview', where most of it is moaning about the press saying negative stuff about him. Its just playing into their hands and ultimately isn’t going to do him any favours. People that hate him, now believe they have a genuine reason to, because every click bait tabloid headline screams MOZ IS A RACIST and people that love him are going to suffer by him never setting foot in this country to tour again. I just think it was unnecessary and a bit stupid.

His statement was stupid because he used it in the same sentence as racism, and as a way of justifying and defending being called racist. Ie 'I can’t be racist because everyone is'. Ridiculous.

He wasn't even talking about himself or his own allegations.

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?"
It's a rhetorical question and the answer implied is: No.
It must be understood that "racist" is a synonym for "evil" in our culture.
He's not saying that everyone is racist. He's not criticizing people for generally preferring their own races- it's just an observation. He's more criticizing the word as a criticism than making any comment on its meaning. He's saying that the negative accusation of "racism" is meaningless because everyone is ultimately racially biased- which is not necessarily negative. The term can be applied to anyone.

It's a quote from bhops. I linked to it for you. He read some pretty decent experts. I think it's funny. I am sorry if this affects you in some way that causes you further sadness but I sent you a picture of two (white) kittens.

Edit: Okay, I switched it from "As I've read a couple of really decent ex-military intel analysts state these past few weeks," to "some pretty decent experts," so it's not actually a quote, but like most of what he writes the sheen provided by the extra words doesn't really affect the meaning or lack thereof in a measurable way.

:lbf:

You changed but made it the same. :lbf:
you got your own 'experts' {at grifting handouts}, the ones that judged you
for being whitedoh:

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom