Selling some top Smiths rarities

Well, the time has come to part with the big guns of my Smiths collection due to buying a new house. I've built this up over the last 15 years, much of it through contacts here on Morrissey Solo.

This will all go on Ebay in the next week or so, but thought I post here first. Pretty much all are in Excellent condition or better. I can provide pictures and more details (matrix #s, etc) to interested parties on request.

7"
Hand in Glove 1984 1-sided test pressing (RT 131)

Hand in Glove 1984 2-sided test pressing (RT 131)

How Soon Is Now mispress with Oscillate Wildly on the b-side (RT 176)

William... 1984 white label test pressing (NOT the more common red label one) in a RED tinted, early version of the sleeve (as opposed to the final green-tone version) (RT 166)

Reel Around the Fountain green label test pressing (RT 136)

Heaven Knows white label test pressing with alternate version of title track (RT 156)

Meat is Murder withdrawn live EP with pale yellow label (not Mayking) (RT 186)

12"
Meat is Murder withdrawn live EP with white label (RTT 186)

The Smiths German multicolored test pressing (#174)

William Italian 12" with alternate version of How Soon is Now on b-side

A complete set of Japanese vinyl - All Sample promo copies, not stock copies. 6 12" EPs and 8 LPs. All have some form of 'SAMPLE' seals on the cover and sample imprint (in Japanese) on the record labels. First album comes with the red 7" flexi.

If interested, please message me with reasonable offers (I suggest checking Popsike for reference). Pounds or dollars OK.

For reference, my Ebay moniker is wax_wane I've been slowly selling off the rest of my record collection but have held off on the Smiths until now as these have been the most painful to part with.

Note that I am still holding on to my 2 most cherished items - a HIG negative sleeve and a fully signed stock copy of HIG - for the time being. At some point I may sell those as well, but we'll see.

Cheers,
Peter

Oh
My
God

I need to get my hands on some cash. Quick.

Dave

Did I sell you the Reel Around The Fountain?

I just looked through your feedback; I did! Sorry to hear you're selling your collection, but it's a good time to buy a house. Some real gems there.

Last edited:
I reckon even selling one of my kidneys wouldn't get me close to that lot !!

I really want the "William" red sleeve......

The red sleeve is beautiful. Never seen before.
Unfortunately i spend my last "record money" in the first Joy Division EP and some Smiths records...

Of course, you could make your own Red version by buying an uncut, unfolded version of the artwork and cutting it and folding it and sticking it together around your existing record. Simples.
red%252520william.JPG

Ah, bugger, MM wants £750 for the artwork...

Dave

Then i would print a red William sleeve on a good card... this cost about 20Cents. And then i could also make a HIG Negative... :D

The cover came together with the William test pressing when I bought it over 10 years ago. It is definitely professionally printed, and in great condition. It looks to be the same age as the record itself.

Last edited:
I thought 7 inch pressings at that time had the groved edges around the label - the Reel Around the Fountain and 1 side Hand in Glove have them but the other singles don't. Was it around this time those groved edges started to disappear?

Hi everyone.

I'll be trying a different approach with the unsold test pressings from the last round. Just auctions this time around. No buy it now, no reserve, bids starting at 99p.

I'll be relisting a couple of the rarer records each week for the next few weeks, starting off this time with HIG t/p and the 12" MiM EP

Cheers,
Peter

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Who was I bidding against on the Meat is Murder 12" RTT 186? I loved the auction war I had!

Well, I lost:-(

I have to comfort myself with a real Morrissey treat I bought, hopefully it'll turn up this week;-)

Back
Top Bottom