selling off my collection

ALLIE WALLS

I have spent the last 20 years collecting. I have everything rare apart from the negative sleeve, lots of signed Smiths and Moz singles. It was always idea to sell everything if the need arose. I want to buy a house so now's the time. I was thinking of setting up a FB site with pics and prices as I don't naturally want to pay any unnecessary fees. Anyone have any advice on this ? I have all the Moz promos inc 7" hold onto your friends, Smiths German multi-coloured and lots of various bits and bobs.

Thanks Alan

I always found that having a full list with prices usually does the trick if people are genuine and not time wasters. I'd be interested to see what you have accumulated over the years.

Nice try.

I've been selling stuff on eBay recently. My bad luck is I started just a couple of days before the bomb dropped. I'm not saying everything has become worthless, but I'm pretty sure there is a lot less interest than there would have been a few weeks ago.

I've been selling stuff on eBay recently. My bad luck is I started just a couple of days before the bomb dropped. I'm not saying everything has become worthless, but I'm pretty sure there is a lot less interest than there would have been a few weeks ago.

Any decent Smiths or Morrissey stuff has always held it's value; the challenge is working out what's desirable before it goes through the roof.

Any decent Smiths or Morrissey stuff has always held it's value; the challenge is working out what's desirable before it goes through the roof.

As they say, past performance is not a guide to the future. I make no predictions, but I know I'm not going to be buying again.

As they say, past performance is not a guide to the future. I make no predictions, but I know I'm not going to be buying again.
Well I've been collecting since 83 and not a single worthwhile collectible has ever lost it's value in the long run. It's like the stock market; there will be ups and downs, but a long term investment will always make you money if it's the right item.

I always found that having a full list with prices usually does the trick if people are genuine and not time wasters. I'd be interested to see what you have accumulated over the years.

I agree, from experience, asking people to make an offer tends to put people off. Clear photos and an price is the way to go. I would be interested in what you are selling. Good luck.

Do you really need to sell ?
I'm hanging on to my shit till he kicks the bucket $$$$ kerching. I'm even going to sign some shit to go with it (Brand Benny :greatbritain::knife:):brows: :ahhh:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I have spent the last 20 years collecting. I have everything rare apart from the negative sleeve, lots of signed Smiths and Moz singles. It was always idea to sell everything if the need arose. I want to buy a house so now's the time. I was thinking of setting up a FB site with pics and prices as I don't naturally want to pay any unnecessary fees. Anyone have any advice on this ? I have all the Moz promos inc 7" hold onto your friends, Smiths German multi-coloured and lots of various bits and bobs.

Thanks Alan
Alan, I don't think you will have any problem selling the stuff on F/B as opposed to eBay. However, the only thing you miss with not listing on the bay is the sheer volume of people looking for stuff (traffic). That said if you signposted people in the direction of your page from somewhere like here then you will get enough people I guess. the other thing you may want to consider is how much do you want for each item? Its tricky pricing signed stuff rare items at the best of times so best of luck with that.

Thanks Alan
Surely the higher premiums stuff makes from being seen by multiple more people, would make up for any fees charged. Post links here drive some interest.

The prices may have crashed for now, but I predict they will go back up when Morrissey dies, so long term it will all be good.

The prices may have crashed for now, but I predict they will go back up when Morrissey dies, so long term it will all be good.
So there you go, just keep hold for the next 30-40 years, and you've cracked it.

Last edited:
I'd be a bit wary of selling on Facebook and using Paypal as you're liable to get stung here and there by scammers. If you just take bank transfers the payments will be protected.

As much as Ebay is a bastard for sellers it's probably your best bet.

Really rare stuff seems to be selling stronger than ever, there have been some eye catching auctions on eBay recently. There always seems to be a few prepared to dig deep for the scarce items.

What amuses much is the fact that Morrissey HAD ALWAYS been like this... He was never politicaly correct. Zero change from 1983 to now! Maybe you have changed, but not him. You can check his quotes in the scans from Smash Hits, Melody Maker, NME that are floating around. So, I think no price impact if real fans are looking for it... And I would be interested in some of your collection if you really are going to move forward with this idea. Give us a item and price list and lets see.

The damage has yet to manifest itself. I know that a considerable number of his U.K. fan base, those who’ve been gigging for decades, have come to the end of the road with him. The For Britain validation and his current reading recommendation was certainly a line crossed for me.

The damage has yet to manifest itself. I know that a considerable number of his U.K. fan base, those who’ve been gigging for decades, have come to the end of the road with him. The For Britain validation and his current reading recommendation was certainly a line crossed for me.

Well, couldn't have been that bad, still coming on here. You people are like crack addicts.

Back
Top Bottom