Selling my Tambourine thrown by Moz into crowd Boxers Tour 21st Feb 1995 Bristol Colston Hall

Dr Matty

Hi Everyone,

Selling a prized possession, my 'Eric' tambourine thrown by Moz into the crowd as was the tradition after Billy Budd during the Bristol Colston Hall Boxers Tour set in 1995.

I clung on for dear life as a lanky 16 year old to this treasure with 3 other blokes twice my size (perhaps you are on this site?) and finally the only other chap stubborn enough to grip on suggested we toss a coin to keep it. He was very sporting when I won the toss. So 22 years later I'm considering parting company with it.

If anyone has pics of the Colston Hall show, especially of Moz using the tambourine, I'd be incredibly grateful if you could dig them out for me! I know there were photographers for local press there, but it was the happy time before smartphones and constant electronic documenting of life...

Only selling as I need to pay rent :( please write to me with offers!

I will look through my old photos when I get a chance. I got one in Portsmouth but eventually gave it to a friend. God was good because he replaced it in Birmingham on the Bowie tour.

please give that tambourine back to Eric.

Holy mother of god. If you don't get any offers, I AM INTERESTED but I know you'll be asking a lot. This is a GREAT item. I would sell my soul for it.

I clung on for dear life as a lanky 16 year old to this treasure with 3 other blokes twice my size (perhaps you are on this site?) and finally the only other chap stubborn enough to grip on suggested we toss a coin to keep it. He was very sporting when I won the toss.

I'm the guy who lost the coin toss - thanks for looking after it for 22 years. Can I have it back now?

Holy mother of god. If you don't get any offers, I AM INTERESTED but I know you'll be asking a lot. This is a GREAT item. I would sell my soul for it.
You're in luck, I accept souls depending on overall cleanliness and prior use - PM me with an offer?

Just thinking what could happen if you would throw it back at him. :D
Would he recognize it immediately, pointing his finger on his temple and thank you in some way?
Or would any fellow Moz-fans in the know, (practically all of them, naturally) grab it out of your hands before you even had the time to aim? :squiffy:

first i need to know whether or not you've rubbed it all over your body? it is desirable that you have not, but one could understand if you have.

if that tambourine could talk ! :fearscream::lbf: oh my.

And, even more intriguing, who is Eric? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom