Selling my collection

ALLIE WALLS

A while ago i posted here that i was selling off my Smiths and Morrissey collection. Lots of signed stuff, rare and collectable. My collection has built up over 20 years.

I am selling it off via Omega auctions. Most of which will be in the auction on 28 th November (catalogue is not online yet) but there will be some in their auction at Utrecht record fair on 17 November (catalogue can be viewed). In the end i couldn't be bothered with the hassle of posting all of the items out etc by doing it all privately.

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/?page=1&status=2

A while ago i posted here that i was selling off my Smiths and Morrissey collection. Lots of signed stuff, rare and collectable. My collection has built up over 20 years.

I am selling it off via Omega auctions. Most of which will be in the auction on 28 th November (catalogue is not online yet) but there will be some in their auction at Utrecht record fair on 17 November (catalogue can be viewed). In the end i couldn't be bothered with the hassle of posting all of the items out etc by doing it all privately.

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/?page=1&status=2

I am only seeing four items in four lots. Is that it? Not to sound sassy - just unsure if I am viewing everything that is available presently.

4 lots in Utrecht but the rest is on 28 November, lots are not up yet. Off the top of my head there are signed copies of the first album, MIM, Hatful and Strangeways. Signed HKIMN and TBWTTIHS 7", various white labels, all the cd singles inc recent promos and alot of various odds and sods. I kept my german muticolour first LP and all of Morrisseys promo 7" and 12"

Last edited:
I'll be interested to see what this makes as I've got one with the cover signed by Morrissey. Can't remember seeing another for sale, doesn't seem to be on discogs.

https://bid.omegaauctions.co.uk/m/l...ot/3951?uact=5&aid=12&lid=3953&current_page=0

23% buyers premium fees, really does cap your spending somewhat. Where I’d ordinarily offer £600 for this test, can’t do it here. (Not that it should matter, some one will likely pay more anyway).
But imagine winning it for £600 and having to pay another £140 in fees. Omegas shipping costs are like £20 aswell lol. (Allie) Should’ve just stuck your rare bits on eBay or sold them via this forum.

Last edited:
23% buyers premium fees, really does cap your spending somewhat. Where I’d ordinarily offer £600 for this test, can’t do it here. (Not that it should matter, some one will likely pay more anyway).
But imagine winning it for £600 and having to pay another £140 in fees. Omegas shipping costs are like £20 aswell lol. (Allie) Should’ve just stuck your rare bits on eBay or sold them via this forum.
Well thats made my night, and worth knowing.

Probably right in hindsight but i could not be bothered with all of the hassle and packaging stuff to send off, there is alot of stuff to liquidate. I suppose if you havent found yourself in the same position then you would never know what you would do. I may or may not lose or gain from this but c est la vie. From previous auctions i have broke even so there you go.

Last edited:
Probably right in hindsight but i could not be bothered with all of the hassle and packaging stuff to send off, there is alot of stuff to liquidate. I suppose if you havent found yourself in the same position then you would never know what you would do. I may or may not lose or gain from this but c est la vie. From previous auctions i have broke even so there you go.
If it’s a done deal why isn’t it on for another month

They ve got my stuff and have photographed it along with descriptions, however they are still accepting other peoples records until today (26 th October), then the catalogue will be up. For me it is a done deal and i hope to at least get my money back. It was nice collecting but at 53 i feel its time to downsize, i hate having possessions apart from the essential and sentimental (photos and video of the kids). I have my memories of seeing the Smiths an Morrissey. I am on Youtube in Edinburgh 2012 on the mic giving a tribute to my mate Kev who died that year and Morrissey dedicated to give is the reason i live to him. My wife is also on Youtube on the mic from Hanover 2015 and i have a signed shirt he threw into the audience in Gronenburg 2016 which are all very special.

Last edited:
Look forward to the links...

Really nice collection. You should make out pretty good. I hope it works out for you. I think lots 754, 756, 758, 759,761 and 762 are undervalued. You should get more for those.. Good luck..

I think you may be pleasantly surprised with the auctions, Omega seems to have some very wealthy Smiths buyers that hoover up anything for silly money. Even after your fees for selling you may be on a winner, but not half as good as the auction owners are of course. It’s a win-win with fees from buyers and sellers netting them a near 50% return from the hammer price.

They ve got my stuff and have photographed it along with descriptions, however they are still accepting other peoples records until today (26 th October), then the catalogue will be up. For me it is a done deal and i hope to at least get my money back. It was nice collecting but at 53 i feel its time to downsize, i hate having possessions apart from the essential and sentimental (photos and video of the kids). I have my memories of seeing the Smiths an Morrissey. I am on Youtube in Edinburgh 2012 on the mic giving a tribute to my mate Kev who died that year and Morrissey dedicated to give is the reason i live to him. My wife is also on Youtube on the mic from Hanover 2015 and i have a signed shirt he threw into the audience in Gronenburg 2016 which are all very special.

I recall that at Usher Hall. Was the lad from North Wales
I remember Moz saying "for Kevin" or similar.

4 lots in Utrecht but the rest is on 28 November, lots are not up yet. Off the top of my head there are signed copies of the first album, MIM, Hatful and Strangeways. Signed HKIMN and TBWTTIHS 7", various white labels, all the cd singles inc recent promos and alot of various odds and sods. I kept my german muticolour first LP and all of Morrisseys promo 7" and 12"
A very interesting collection of items! May I ask, have the cd singles inc recent promos been added yet, as I didn't spot any of these?

Back
Top Bottom