Seems Miami is Cancelled and Mozza is sick

Don't know about the gibberish thing :p , but the person who made the jeans comment is Mel Torment/Melinda (I was at the gig).
She usually comes up with a few good comments.

corrissey/comtesse - you two know mel torment... did you hear from if she was the one to say this about the jeans frinkiness at the atlanta show monday night?

normally mel posts a review of the moz gigs she has been to, but she did not post anything to the main page for atlanta post-show nor here... but maybe she has been away?

i would think corrissey would have been the FIRST one to know about this if mel said it!?!

:confused::confused:

No, That wasn't me on the mic, I was in the lower balcony. I'm just a fellow frinker who loves to see the man in jeans!! Whoever she was, I agree with her completely! :D
damn, thought it had to be you! well, thanks for setting me straight =)
did you get any pics from the show?

On the upside, you now know that somebody's tracking your posts pretty closely!

I feel so special!! ;)

her first comment to this thread thanking moz for the sexy jeans in atl is what made me look into it further..... it has been a mystery since monday night... that's all! :o although sandiR definitely seems a special one nonetheless =)

hope it was worth coming from san diego sandiR!! :)

Exactly how sure are we that it's Morrissey himself who is ill?
Maybe it's one of the other guys??
I mean, if for example Matt Walker is the one who is ill, they also wouldn't be able to perform.
It doesn't say on this announcement that Moz himself is ill...

morrissey said "welcome to my sickbed" for the monday show in atlanta and then had a noticeably scratchy throat on some songs that evening...so I think he was already feeling it as of Monday, yet still pulled off melbourne, fl

Don't know about the gibberish thing :p , but the person who made the jeans comment is Mel Torment/Melinda (I was at the gig).

SWEET! I did not know that was Mel!! Yeay! Too funny, especially since I was contemplating JEAN FRINK (or something to that effect) for my sign in IN...nobody seemed to thrilled with that ('cept me!), and then she helped me decide on the You Are Too Frinky. I LOVE that she went with a Jean frinktation!! :D Mel rawks!

damn, thought it had to be you! well, thanks for setting me straight =)
did you get any pics from the show?

I wish it was me...I would have been shouting it from the rooftops if it was! I got one horrible photo and three little video clips on my cell phone...the quality is not good, but I keep watching them. :o

her first comment to this thread thanking moz for the sexy jeans in atl is what made me look into it further..... it has been a mystery since monday night... that's all! :o although sandiR definitely seems a special one nonetheless =)

hope it was worth coming from san diego sandiR!! :)

You're very sweet, and yes it was totally worth coming from SD...I'd go anywhere to see him as I'm sure most of us would. :D

He's a strong person to have made it this long. I thought for sure he was cancelling that show in merrillville when I got a call from my bf who was working the show that "morrissey was sick" I thought i was about to die, i can't even imagine how everybody down in florida is feeling right now . I actually know somewhat, I was upset when they cancelled lollapalooza, but atleast he rescheduled . Maybe he will for florida one can only wish.

oh yeah post it!

yes, mel torment has now 'fessed up to it on the atlanta show thread on the main board

here is the audio clip capturing her jeans frinkiness declaration in atlanta

(can hear mel quite well...beginning at 00:07; quality of moz is not so good... damn my digital and its too sensitive microphone [but it picks up whispering quite nicely])

mel - did you intentionally mess w/ corrissey not revealing yourself for days on end like that?! :p

yes, mel torment has now 'fessed up to it on the atlanta show thread on the main board

here is the audio clip capturing her jeans frinkiness declaration in atlanta

(can hear mel quite well...beginning at 00:07; quality of moz is not so good... damn my digital and its too sensitive microphone [but it picks up whispering quite nicely])

mel - did you intentionally mess w/ corrissey not revealing yourself for days on end like that?! :p

No, I wasn't trying to mess with Corrissey, but it was fun to see the results. ;) I just didn't have the inclination to get on the Internet while still running 'round...on the flesh rampage (at my age). I wasn't trying to give big ups to the frinksters (banner already took care of that!) so much as to say something a little more clever than, "Omigawd, Morrissey, I luv you!" or "I love it when you shake your little butt, when you dance!"

I riffed on Oscar Wilde's witticism when asked at U.S. Customs whether he had anything to declare and Wilde said he had nothing to declare but his genius. Moz once said he had nothing to declare but his jeans . I wanted to say, "I have nothing to declare but your jeans' frinkiness." I think it came out instead as "I have one thing to declare -- your jeans' frinkiness." Then Moz replied very tongue-in-cheek, "I think we need extra security."​

Thanks for the audio clip. Reminded me that I added, "And your shirt is wonderful!" He was wearing that white embroidered number. Reminds me of eyelet but was fancier.

Mel! That's awesome! Any turn at the mic is great (you seem to get the opportunity often!) Well, as a jeans frinker, I appreciate your comment. If you recall I had wanted to say something to him (via the sign) in Indiana like "bring back the jeans" (which he hadn't worn on tour yet) or "declare your jeans". Anyway, I think he heard (and saw!) the word FRINK enough this tour...it's probably a part of his vocabulary now as well. Ha Ha!

p.s. I didnt think anyone was messing with me. I was just curious to see who mentioned Jeans Frink. And here it was the Torment(or)! =o) U RAWK! Think I will light the Moz candle you gave me in your honor today

p.p.s. no one in particular, thanks for the audio clip. Had I not known who it was, I would have guessed Mel (the voice, ringing bells!)

I am very ill now, more than usual ;). I gave Morrissey a damn antibacterial handwipe in DC, but he did not use it, so don't blame me. I did not tongue rape him neither.

Was not surprised at the cancellation in Miami. He was struggling obviously in Melbourne. Word on the streets at 1 am after the Melbourne show was that he had lost his voice but that the Miami show at that point was still a go. After that, we were just shivering outside of the venue overnight....hoping and praying for a swift official notice of cancellation.

Although I am sorry Morrissey is ill, I was very relieved at the announcement. I don't want a half-arsed show where he's feeling shite and not enjoying it. My evil little black heart had other reasons for rejoicing, too, but I just can't explain it here...so I won't try to.

i must say i have had the time of my life in miami.

thank you andre balaz. youve been a peach.

Back
Top Bottom