seeking participants for a study on Morrissey fans and identity

markc

Calling all Morrissey fans,

Allow me to introduce myself; my name is Mark and I currently live in Seattle, WA where I go to school at Seattle University. I am in my final year, and as part of my Sociology thesis, I am researching identity and the creation of community among Morrissey fans. Specifically, I am looking at the ways fans interact with one another, both online and face-to-face.

Right now, I am looking for anyone that would be interested in participating in the study. I will be conducting interviews, which will be taped and/or written, then transcribed. I am searching for roughly 25 fans to participate. Face-to-face interviews would be ideal (I will be in Seattle, Portland, LA, and Ventura around the time of the upcoming tour dates), but anyone interested is encouraged to get in touch and we can set up a phone interview. Sorry, but only fans 18 years of age or older can be considered as participants due to my University’s requirements.

There are no risks involved, and participation is completely voluntary (and greatly appreciated!). Compensation is not included in taking part in this study; however, participation will require no cost to you. Participation will help to benefit the research on how fans create an identity and subculture around artists, Morrissey in particular.

Thanks for your time, and if interested, please contact me by email at [email protected] for more details.

Someone in the UK is doing a similar thing at the moment. They posted questions about it a few weeks ago.

It may be worth getting in touch with them, just to ensure that the studies are not overlapping in any significant way.

Many thanks to everyone that has helped so far! I'm still looking for more interviews if you're (really) interested.

Back
Top Bottom