See Tickets to issue a statement by Friday

just to add my couple of cents.....

i can see where you're both coming from. on the one hand, i think it's wrong to criticise fans for buying tickets from touts. i did (off ebay) because i missed out on tickets when they were on sale and was prepared to pay over the odds to see my idol. it's too easy to say that buying off touts will put them out of business. it's obvious that this is the case but when faced with the prospect of buying off a tout or missing out alltogether, i can imagine the majority of the people on this board would go with the former.

on the other hand, it is also correct that buying tickets this way comes with a built in risk. yes it's annoying that we can't just send our tickets in and get at least some of the money back but unfortunately, that's the way the cookie's going to crumble in this case.

I am neither David Walliams, Jonathon Ross nor a lawyer.

Just someone trying to have a sensible debate about the way this has all been handled...seemingly with someone who despite taking a risk and having gone against the rules to acquire a ticket, having no proof of purchase or contact details for their point of purchase feels that its someone else's fault that they have lost out.

Yes, i feel sorry for anyone who has lost out on this but you took a risk, it didnt pay off, life goes on. Its not seetickets or anyone else's fault

You should try breaking the rules sometimes... go on, go crazy - excessively consume some sugar free mints (it may cause a laxative effect), cross the road without the green man showing or buy a ticket from a non official source and not enquire from the seller the full terms and conditions of said ticket and the policy said seller will have upon cancellation of said concert 3 songs in because the artist you have seen already 3 times that week has lost his voice - go on I dare you...

DID ANYONE HERE BUY FROM STARGREEN RATHER THAN SEETICKETS?

If so, they are refunding the Friday show tickets on receipt of a valid ticket NOT by refunding the credit card used to make the purchase.

So, if you bought from a tout, and it's NOT a generic Seetickets ticket you may be in luck.

I'm new by the way. Hi everyone.

You should try breaking the rules sometimes... go on, go crazy - excessively consume some sugar free mints (it may cause a laxative effect), cross the road without the green man showing or buy a ticket from a non official source and not enquire from the seller the full terms and conditions of said ticket and the policy said seller will have upon cancellation of said concert 3 songs in because the artist you have seen already 3 times that week has lost his voice - go on I dare you...

You never know, i may well do so!

However, i assure you that if/when one of my gambles inevitably fails i will not feel it necessary to aim blame at someone else without considering the reasons behind the way in which that person is behaving when they are sticking within their pre-set rules that i was well aware of at the time.

Whether that be a car continuing to drive towards a green light as i cross at a red or a company refusing to refund me for a product i acquire illegitimately i will be aware that i took a gamble and accept my loss rather then seek blame elsewhere.

If so, they are refunding the Friday show tickets on receipt of a valid ticket NOT by refunding the credit card used to make the purchase.

So, if you bought from a tout, and it's NOT a generic Seetickets ticket you may be in luck.

Worth a try but i imagine, just like seetickets would normally, they will check your contact details to see whether you purchased a ticket from them originally and insist on refunding the card the ticket was purchased on originally rather then just giving out cheques or cash.

Good luck if you decide to try it though.

Worth a try but i imagine, just like seetickets would normally, they will check your contact details to see whether you purchased a ticket from them originally and insist on refunding the card the ticket was purchased on originally rather then just giving out cheques or cash.

Good luck if you decide to try it though.

You are seriously boring me now and you obviously came on here trying to provoke a reaction and stupidly I supplied it. Next time I'm having trouble sleeping, I'll look up your posts...

PS - next gig I go to I will make sure I read the small print on the ticket, the venues T&C's, the management companies T&C's, cloakroom disclaimer, the merchandise stalls returns policy and the bottle of beers health warning. Only then will I attempt to have a good time.

You are seriously boring me now and you obviously came on here trying to provoke a reaction and stupidly I supplied it. Next time I'm having trouble sleeping, I'll look up your posts...

PS - next gig I go to I will make sure I read the small print on the ticket, the venues T&C's, the management companies T&C's, cloakroom disclaimer, the merchandise stalls returns policy and the bottle of beers health warning. Only then will I attempt to have a good time.

Not trying to provoke a reaction at all. Just looking for a sensible debate on the outcome of the cancellations and trying to provide some sort of reality to people who appear to have their head in the clouds feeling they have been ripped off just for losing out on a gamble.

2 things

1. i am £300 out of pocket and there is absolutely nothing i can do about it - i took a gamble and lost (and actually not a very big gamble cos how often does he cancel - 2% of the time?) but i am not crying about it. Life happens. I got unlucky. He will play again, i will go again. Maybe i will even buy off a tout again.

2. This thread has been very entertaining, i am gutted he isnt rescheduling the dates so my overwhelming feeling is sadness but i have lol'd several times reading this thread - so thanks guys!:D

email from roundhouse. Cards refunded. don't need to send tickets.
Dear Patron

The organisers regret to announce that it has not been possible to reschedule

Morrissey's 3 postponed January shows at the Roundhouse.

The Artiste and Promoters tried strenuously to reschedule the three shows but it proved impossible.

We would like to extend our apologies to all of Morrissey’s loyal fans over this unavoidable situation

Ticket holders for Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th January will receive a full refund.

Those that paid using a credit/debit card will be refunded in full within the next 7 to 10 days.

Those that paid by cheque or cash should return tickets to the Roundhouse Box Office.

A covering letter to include name and address should be enclosed. A cheque will be raised and sent to you within 28 days.

For security reasons we are not able to refund cash.

Once again the Artiste, Roundhouse and Promoters would like to apologise all disappointed fans of Morrissey at this outcome.

Touts had a double win on this. ching ching

Nice one.

How difficult can it be to rearrange?

He better not decide to rearrange a tour for his new album if it's that difficult.

2 things

1. i am £300 out of pocket and there is absolutely nothing i can do about it - i took a gamble and lost (and actually not a very big gamble cos how often does he cancel - 2% of the time?) but i am not crying about it. Life happens. I got unlucky. He will play again, i will go again. Maybe i will even buy off a tout again.

2. This thread has been very entertaining, i am gutted he isnt rescheduling the dates so my overwhelming feeling is sadness but i have lol'd several times reading this thread - so thanks guys!:D

I've seen him over 30 times, and he has cancelled on me 3 times (plus a very close call with Finsbury Park). So thats about a 10% rate for me?

But your right. Life sometimes deals a bum card, you have to move on. Or commit mass murder?

just to add my couple of cents.....

i can see where you're both coming from. on the one hand, i think it's wrong to criticise fans for buying tickets from touts. i did (off ebay) because i missed out on tickets when they were on sale and was prepared to pay over the odds to see my idol. it's too easy to say that buying off touts will put them out of business. it's obvious that this is the case but when faced with the prospect of buying off a tout or missing out alltogether, i can imagine the majority of the people on this board would go with the former.

on the other hand, it is also correct that buying tickets this way comes with a built in risk. yes it's annoying that we can't just send our tickets in and get at least some of the money back but unfortunately, that's the way the cookie's going to crumble in this case.

I think my seller from ebay is going to refund me. He was a very nice Morrissey fan himself and just as dissapointed as we were. I dont know if he will refund the whole 80 odd quid that he sold to me, but i think he'll pay me the face value. Ebay is one better than touts i think, for this reason. I hope i am still as lucky as he has offered.

Hey Moz buddy. Welcome to Mozsolo :)

Back
Top Bottom