See Tickets to issue a statement by Friday

They have obviously done it before though, eg America last year.
I for one would like it to be in a month or so for something to look forward to rather than the 6 shows in a week or so but then it all depends on this new album. Can you really see him doing another ROTT style tour all over UK and Europe this year which I assume he intends to. Seems a lot to ask to me.

They have obviously done it before though, eg America last year.
I for one would like it to be in a month or so for something to look forward to rather than the 6 shows in a week or so but then it all depends on this new album. Can you really see him doing another ROTT style tour all over UK and Europe this year which I assume he intends to. Seems a lot to ask to me.

No, when I say a mini tour I mean 4 or 5 gigs. But, I don't think it will happen.

It's one thing to sort gig's out while the show's on the road. But this can't happen, for reasons I've given. Like you, I have a cautious eye on the new album. Plans will be afoot.

If the gig's do get resheduled, I think Easter weekend would be the kindest guesture to fans, with the extra long bank holiday weekend?

NO NO, easter weekend would be a disaster, all round, travel etc etc.,...
just no....

NO NO, easter weekend would be a disaster, all round, travel etc etc.,...
just no....

It would be great for me.

Morrissey and Chocolate!

He could do Good Friday, when all good Catholics turn veggie for the day (or Pescie)?

It never ceases to amaze me how deluded people are about the amount of power Morrissey has. He signs a standard contract with the promoter just like every other artist. Do you seriously think he has more clout than anyone else?

While I can't say how I know, I do know that he controls every aspect of what we see about him. Decisions made are his. Fans who say otherwise are trying to absolve him of blame when things go wrong, like they did last week.

mybe its me but i think its...
F-R-I-D-A-Y

*looks expectant*

While I can't say how I know, I do know that he controls every aspect of what we see about him. Decisions made are his. Fans who say otherwise are trying to absolve him of blame when things go wrong, like they did last week.

I'm sorry but he is not that powerful. He controls everything within his crew and band but he does not control how promoters and ticket agencies work. Even people like Madonna and U2 don't have that sort of clout. And I don't care how many times you tell us you have some sort of secret knowledge. Anyone who lives in the real world and knows how business works will know you don't know what you are talking about.

I'm sorry but he is not that powerful. He controls everything within his crew and band but he does not control how promoters and ticket agencies work. Even people like Madonna and U2 don't have that sort of clout. And I don't care how many times you tell us you have some sort of secret knowledge. Anyone who lives in the real world and knows how business works will know you don't know what you are talking about.

thats exactly right - there is no way he can control when the roundhouse is gonna be free again or what the ticketing arrangements are gonna be or which support band will be available or how the gig will be promoted.

Unless there is a story on Truetoyou which says anybody wearing a smiths or morrissey t shirt gets in for free! :D

I don't think the shows are going to be rescheduled, I have a feeling in my gut it just isn't going to happen. It is a shame and I am rather upset that I am not going to see him again for a while. Nevermind, we could do with a refund after spending around £700 on the whole trip!!

Seetickets are rubbish. I don't think I will be getting tickets from those clowns again.

Just phoned seetickets and they're still waiting to hear from the promoters. Apparently they've been hasseling the promoters or at least that's what I was told on the phone.

I still have a small glimmer of hope but I would rather expect the worst and be nicely suprised if/when they get rescheduled!!

I don't think the shows are going to be rescheduled, I have a feeling in my gut it just isn't going to happen.

My email from the roundhouse definitely says "Morrissey postponed 26 th & 27th" not canceled.

Postponed = delayed, deferred.

Cancel= Stop, call off, abandon.

This has turned into a complete cock up. Just make the decision and make an announcement. (by Fri, pff)

As a long time reader, first time poster can i try to bring some common sense to this mess some of you seem to be getting in:

* the fact it is taking a long time to organise a re-schedule is a good thing. If anyone was intending to call the gigs off they would announce that straight away where as finding a time that the venue, artist and other staff are all available for a re-scheduled show (especially three) is hard work that takes time

* The delay in announcement is due to the promoter (SJM) NOT seetickets, ticketmaster etc. Seetickets and ticketmaster are quite likely as in the dark as we are so all they can do is promise to pass on info once it is available or offer a refund straight away.

* Morrissey himself will have nothing to do with any of it. Although, obviously, he will have final say as to whether he is well enough to perform he will have a contract with a promoter (SJM) who will quite likely pay him a fixed amount for the privelige of being able to assign dates and venues to him, then sell tickets for said dates in hope he makes them a profit. If he wanted full control over everything he does he would not use a promoter at all. What he will have control over is what promoter he uses so if he is not happy with the job they do at any point they will loose the contract for the next tour...this obviously goes some way to making sure he gets a say in what happens rather then just being a slave for 6 nights but his will almost certainly NOT be the final say in if/where/when any re-schedule takes place.

All we can do is wait in hope.

Just phoned seetickets and they're still waiting to hear from the promoters. Apparently they've been hasseling the promoters or at least that's what I was told on the phone.

personally i've no reason to doubt they are hasseling SJM to know whats happening. Considering they are probably getting hundereds if not thousands of calls asking whats going on they would want to be able to give a definite answer to stop people calling rather then just keep palming them off.

No doubt as soon as the re-scheduled shows are 100% confirmed, the ticket agencies will know and be able to decide what they want to do re:refunds from there

One thing is for sure, they won't be announcing dates that soon. See Tickets have already written to ticketholders stating that refunds must be requested in writing, and received no later than 7 days before the date of the gig (as yet unknown). They have a legal obligation to allow people "reasonable" time to comply with this. Otherwise they would be swamped into litigation in the Small Claims Courts.

I think it unlikely that these gig's will be rescheduled. They would have to be announced about 3 weeks in advance, to allow for ticketholders to make reasonable choices (refund or attend). This means that a crew needs to be arranged, venue found and gear hired. Unless he adds more dates for a mini tour, this simply will not be cost effective.

I hope I'm wrong.

I posted before the london tour that i was worried about his voice, and so did someone else. Sure enough, he lost his voice. Positive thoughts. Come on! Can't take any chances this time!

Just called myself and got the same answer..He said hopefully this weekend we will know something and that the promoters are to be blamed for the delay..

He said hopefully this weekend we will know something and that the promoters are to be blamed for the delay..

So we may not get our Friday announcement? I can't say I'm surprised...

I know we will know eventually but I am so damn impatient! My boyfriend works strange shifts at the moment and I am anxious to know when he will need to take off because he needs to do it well in advance.=(

I've just come off the phone to the Roundhouse. There will be no rescheduled gigs. Ask your ticket agency for a refund or try to get one off the ebay touts (good luck with that).

The petty-paced saga of sickness and contempt continues. Thanks, Stephen.

Back
Top Bottom