second hand book / record stores in Manchester and London

sistasheila

tjekket
Last edited:
Re: good uses bookstores+recordstores in manchester//and good used bookstores in Lond

this would be useful for me too!

Re: second hand books / record stores in manchester

Empire Exchange, 1 Newton Street, Manchester (near Piccadilly Station) sells second hand CD, vinyl, magazines and memorabilias.

As above, Empire Exchange at 1 Newton Street (junction of Piccadilly and Newton Street)
Here you can buy the new edition of 'Morrissey's Manchester'
for £5 from Thursday - the only shop in town selling it until Monday!

Clampdown Records 9 Paton Street

Vinyl Revival 5 Hilton Street

Vinyl Exchange on Oldham Street opposite Afflecks Palace

All within a few minutes walk of each other.

Jukebox Jury

thnks. vr ymuch
one thing:..
(beside the moz places)i will wander around and do the toursisty thing
n buti would love to know : well secret tips comcerning manchester.. things usual tourists miss out...
london would be intersting as well. in that matter.

Unfortunately since mid 80s everything has been changed.

Especially in 1996 IRA bombing in Manchester, we lost very good place to find second hand stuff at Corn Exchange now it's a posh shopping centre.

You hardly find any good shops both in London and Manchester because of internet auction sites.

Unfortunately since mid 80s everything has been changed.

Especially in 1996 IRA bombing in Manchester, we lost very good place to find second hand stuff at Corn Exchange now it's a posh shopping centre.

You hardly find any good shops both in London and Manchester because of internet auction sites.

I dint mean shopping places. since.i get quite afew recommadations up there^;-) but rather the interesting sites and places..which a "normal" tourist guide wouldnt show , you know?
..both for LDn and manch..thnks ver much

for manchester, pretty much just head to the northern quarter, i'd say. bunch of record shops/vintage shops/interesting places there.

for interesting sites, you mean besides morrissey/smiths-related things??

Back
Top Bottom