Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre (Nov. 2, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / When You Open Your Legs / Home Is A Question Mark / Istanbul / When Last I Spoke To Carol / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Ganglord / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by setlist.fm, corrections from an anonymous person (order not 100%)

Last edited:
I doubt he will ever drop it from the set because of the impact it has.
By impact, you mean having most fans look at the floor for 5 minutes, or flock to the toilets, or leave entirely?

By impact, you mean having most fans look at the floor for 5 minutes, or flock to the toilets, or leave entirely?

I would say yes to that. The fact that it makes people uncomfortable and maybe prints some to think about why they are uncomfortable with a practice the majority of them probably partake in. The idea that it upsets and crates a visible response only solidifies it’s impact and importance I’m guessing in morrisseys mind. Bottom line though is that he’s not gonna sacrifice his message, especially not this one, for entertainments sake. Some people were upset when the tv news started showing footage from the Vietnam war because it made people uncomfortable but that and the difference it made was the point

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Merch table for those planning their purchases at upcoming shows. I do believe the blue thing is a slip mat for those who were asking <a href="https://t.co/7uHb9nancE">pic.twitter.com/7uHb9nancE</a></p>&mdash; Ringleaderofnothing (@mischievousnose) <a href="">November 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Many thanks to Mr (Ms?) anonymous who posted it to Portland show thread:
6suq7n.jpg

Last edited:
I would say yes to that. The fact that it makes people uncomfortable and maybe prints some to think about why they are uncomfortable with a practice the majority of them probably partake in. The idea that it upsets and crates a visible response only solidifies it’s impact and importance I’m guessing in morrisseys mind. Bottom line though is that he’s not gonna sacrifice his message, especially not this one, for entertainments sake. Some people were upset when the tv news started showing footage from the Vietnam war because it made people uncomfortable but that and the difference it made was the point

Well then it's a crying shame that he's reduced the lyrics to Meat Is Murder For Dummies.
I don't mind that he chooses to simplify his modern lyrics, but when he takes good lines from old songs and replaces them with garbage like "eat kill eat kill murder" or "tell me quando, quando, quando?" He reduces the impact of the songs. I'm not talking about silly changes that pop up occasionally, like "Grabbed you by the Heinz baked beans" because that's just funny, but permanent changes that take away from the song itself and make it cheaper and more lightweight somehow.

Well then it's a crying shame that he's reduced the lyrics to Meat Is Murder For Dummies.
I don't mind that he chooses to simplify his modern lyrics, but when he takes good lines from old songs and replaces them with garbage like "eat kill eat kill murder" or "tell me quando, quando, quando?" He reduces the impact of the songs. I'm not talking about silly changes that pop up occasionally, like "Grabbed you by the Heinz baked beans" because that's just funny, but permanent changes that take away from the song itself and make it cheaper and more lightweight somehow.

I couldn't agree more. Word for word. To me it drastically reduces the impact of the song. Glad someone else sees it as I do.

Blimey, reckon why does Steve have clown makeup on? Reckon that dia de muertos stuff really went down well in Seattle.

I get that, but if he opened the tour with a completely different setlist, fans would notice and flock to buy tickets...like me and all my friends, he'd sell out in a flash.

The average person who buys tickets has no idea what the setlist is going into the show.
The die-hard fans will go regardless of the setlist.

He is either going to sell very well or not.

In Boston there are no tickets worth buying at the present time. As the show get's closer that will change but right now it's $800 for front row. 2 available. I haven't looked at other venues for ticket availability and price so I can't say how ticket sales are as a whole.

I don't mind it. It caused some of the 6-footers in front of me to leave, so I could finally have a good view of the stage!

The average person who buys tickets has no idea what the setlist is going into the show.
The die-hard fans will go regardless of the setlist.

He is either going to sell very well or not.

In Boston there are no tickets worth buying at the present time. As the show get's closer that will change but right now it's $800 for front row. 2 available. I haven't looked at other venues for ticket availability and price so I can't say how ticket sales are as a whole.

don't know. I'd say $800 front row is pretty fair to see a living legend.

Footage and setlist are very slow coming forward today...
Regards,
FWD.

Guys...you're missing the point. The change in lyrics is more relevant today than when the song was written in '83. He's singing about the process and the more we eat the more animals die...."eat, kill, eat, kill...MUDER". I think that these are more appropriate today because it's more direct and hopefully people can connect the two. The original lyrics of " it's death for no reason and death for no reason is murder", although pretty amazing lyrics, is a bit like why McCartney says.."if slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be vegetarian.".
"KILL COW BAD EAT COW BAD SAME WITH CHICKEN FISH AND PIG NO KILL NO EAT MURDER."
-Morrissey, Meat is Murder 2019 version

Sorry. That's one shit argument you got there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom