Seattle, WA - Benaroya Hall (July 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Ray in Seattle, order corrected by an anonymous person

Last edited by a moderator:
totally agree add some kerrygold tracks to the setlist to bring it to life.
everyone i know is looking forward as when its finally going to be released.

Is there any need for contributions such as Tammy Waynette's bile? We're all older and sometimes, just sometimes, some posts are worthy of being deleted/ the user banned.

I thought it was a great show, excellent performance from the band and I'm very impressed by Gustavo. However, the venue and crowd was... well, lame. I'm pretty sure it's possible for the seats at the Benaroya to be removed (I've seen pictures) and I think that would have improved it. I was the only one singing along (not loud or obnoxiously of course... except Queen is Dead, how could you not) and bouncing around in my area... it was an odd mix.

Yes I Am Blind was a great, great surprise, I really wish he played What She Said (or anything) over People Are The Same Everywhere. I had a total spazz attack when Morrissey said "this next song is called... What Difference Does It Make" especially since it's known he doesn't like it before shouting "LIKE HELL!" and going into Stop Me which was still wonderful (I would have been genuinely upset if he went into People Are Then Same at that moment)

Also, who else sat around and watched the video montage before the show starting with the Ramones? You could so easily tell the footage was compiled by Morrissey himself, but what really, REALLY confused me about the video footage was that lame Nu Metal band after the Ramones, it was pretty humorous, not too many people were in at that point either.

Tammy Waynette, Barry Wanger and some others, please stop it now.

If you want to continue to discuss about it, you should go to off-topic fight thread in the pigsty or other thread in off-topic.

Thank you very much.

My apologies to Kewpie and the thread. To think, after all these years internetting, and approaching the fulcrum of my life, I have never given myself over to the beguiling ways of the Troll. Until this very sad, insecure, confused, and churlish flea called Tammy came scurrying across this thread, and I succumbed. Good work, Tammy. You are unwell and need to get your priorities sorted. Makes me sad to have to share a "que" (sic) with someone who has never listened to Morrissey, yet spends all of their money on ephemera and shows. The prerogative of the wealthy and pretty vacant I suppose.

Back to Seattle. Another great one by the looks and sounds of it. So happy for all those who had the fortune to attend, and to feel what is there to be felt.

I hope the people who turned around were vegan. Did your doctor tell you to take fish oil? I would get a 2nd opinion on that.

Yeah, Meat is Murder was intense. They projected a video behind Morrissey and the band of very explicit footage from slaughterhouses - and during much of that time, Morrissey was kneeling silently on the floor.

I'm already mostly vegan (I only take fish oil for health-reasons) and concerned about animal rights; and the video really made me think more about the very real cruelty that's going on.

Yeah, very intense, though. Some of the people near me had to turn around because the visuals were too much for them.

Oh great...coughing, sneezing, "ambulance" I have tickets to San Jose, which I almost didn't bother buying because of his history of cancellations. This would (will) be my 3rd cancellation in the last 4 shows I've bought tickets for.

Why does everyone complain about Meat Is Murder being too "intense" or "over the top"?? He's been playing this song with the backdrop video for a very long time now..you complainers are obviously new school fans

My biggest complaint is the dumbing down of the lyrics. The "Eat kill, eat kill" crap is heavy handed and artless, and replaces one of the most poignant lines in the song. He won't convert many people with a sledgehammer.

Margaret Dale was mentally ill and very selfish. While I think it sweet that Morrissey mentioned her, she's certainly not someone I'd want to be included in a gang with and I am literally the poster child for mentally ill Morrissey fans. But she was different. She glommed onto all the worst characteristics of Morrissey and held those qualities up as virtuous. She lost weight because he didn't like fat chicks. Her dream was to be his personal rider au pair, to get him what he wanted to make His Excellence comfortable and happy. When she lost the weight, got on stage and he didn't return a kiss or hug and she wasn't invited back stage to be indoctrinated into the clan, she f***ing KILLED herself. Now it must suck for Morrissey to have fans off themselves over what he knows himself to be nothing and I don't envy his position of being hyper-adored by millions of strangers, but Margaret Dale "lost the plot" years leading up to her self-sacrifice. She was trained veterinarian. She went to YEARS of school to learn how to make the one thing dear to Morrissey's heart FEEL BETTER, healing and diagnosing animals, and she THREW THAT AWAY, threw away all the future opportunities to make the lives of animals better because a pop star failed to hug her back. Selfish. Now I know I was very vocal to Skylarker when I thought he insensitively addressed her death when it happened, but I can't help but recognize he saw something I couldn't at the time and today I say f*** her. /endrant

Margaret Dale was mentally ill and very selfish. While I think it sweet that Morrissey mentioned her, she's certainly not someone I'd want to be included in a gang with and I am literally the poster child for mentally ill Morrissey fans. But she was different. She glommed onto all the worst characteristics of Morrissey and held those qualities up as virtuous. She lost weight because he didn't like fat chicks. Her dream was to be his personal rider au pair, to get him what he wanted to make His Excellence comfortable and happy. When she lost the weight, got on stage and he didn't return a kiss or hug and she wasn't invited back stage to be indoctrinated into the clan, she f***ing KILLED herself. Now it must suck for Morrissey to have fans off themselves over what he knows himself to be nothing and I don't envy his position of being hyper-adored by millions of strangers, but Margaret Dale "lost the plot" years leading up to her self-sacrifice. She was trained veterinarian. She went to YEARS of school to learn how to make the one thing dear to Morrissey's heart FEEL BETTER, healing and diagnosing animals, and she THREW THAT AWAY, threw away all the future opportunities to make the lives of animals better because a pop star failed to hug her back. Selfish. Now I know I was very vocal to Skylarker when I thought he insensitively addressed her death when it happened, but I can't help but recognize he saw something I couldn't at the time and today I say f*** her. /endrant

For f***'s sake..... Show some empathy and dignity. Why speak ill of the dead? Seems like she had problems, lots of people do, hardly worth a damning critique and character assassination.

Really mods talk like this is distasteful in the extreme.

I think externalising thoughts about someone who is dead does absolutely nothing except shed light on the processes of their writer.
I say that quite respectfully.
I do not believe this forum is the best place to deconstruct the deceased and memorialise some quite vile personality traits of people who don't understand any basic form of human respect. The best way to deal with the clearly unhinged people who espouse things they probably wouldn't do in the 'real' world in mixed company is to ignore and not engage with them. Further, if you are reasonably intelligent, you would think twice before making any form of remark - simply because something appeals to your desire to click reply doesn't mean you should.
Silence is better than bullshit.
Flame away - I'm far too long in the tooth to care.
Thank you to the people who posted pics and videos and understood what the comments in the tour section were for. There was a time when they outweighed the egotism, 'oneupmanship' and other off-topic never moderated flotsam that clogs these pages - sigh.
Regards,
FWD

But how do you know crystal that she killed herself because Morrissey did not return her affection?i don't think that even the hard, hardcore fans except Morrissey to Love them back.

Hey Morrissey would have propably punched me in the face if he spent 30 mins in a room with me.
Nothing to feel sad over

Last edited by a moderator:
I think externalising thoughts about someone who is dead does absolutely nothing except shed light on the processes of their writer.
I say that quite respectfully.
I do not believe this forum is the best place to deconstruct the deceased and memorialise some quite vile personality traits of people who don't understand any basic form of human respect. The best way to deal with the clearly unhinged people who espouse things they probably wouldn't do in the 'real' world in mixed company is to ignore and not engage with them. Further, if you are reasonably intelligent, you would think twice before making any form of remark - simply because something appeals to your desire to click reply doesn't mean you should.
Silence is better than bullshit.
Flame away - I'm far too long in the tooth to care.
Thank you to the people who posted pics and videos and understood what the comments in the tour section were for. There was a time when they outweighed the egotism, 'oneupmanship' and other off-topic never moderated flotsam that clogs these pages - sigh.
Regards,
FWD

ok but no need for the dramatic soliloquy.

what makes you think mental illness is a one-size-fits-all condition? you surely don't believe that all of the afflicted have a clear, reasonable grasp of defined selfishness, do you?

margaret was obviously on morrissey's mind and he wanted to memorialize her in some small way. i don't see where that act warrants our judgment of her illness.

I talked to her extensively because she thought I was one of her. I use Morrissey as an archetype to work out my mind babies, I don't think his dick smeg should be bottled as sacred lip balm.

We had dinner together once. She expressed profound and REAL disapproval I was not familiar with deep-track B-side single lyrics by heart. She also told me Johnny Marr's work on the Inception soundtrack was a waste of his time and talent, tat he should be resurrecting and playing only his Smiths material. She thought she'd find Morrissey hanging out at a f***ing a Son & Heirs concert. She also thought he was hiding out in his sweetzer house waiting for her, that he faked it's sale and was communicating messages to her to meet him there. She dressed frumpy because her dream was he'd make her his before&after project since Kristeen was not proving to make him proud, she would be pretty AND blindly adore him as He should expect because He's the Extalted One and only "we" recognized it. I said, "Woah, woah, woah wait a minute." It was like that scene from American Beauty where the neighbor thinks he's gay and comes over for a kiss...I just play a sycophant on the Internet, but how do you tell that to someone who stipulated before dinner knowing I have a dog that she refuses to dispense medical advice about dogs because her veterinary skills don't define her, her love of Morrissey does. Then BAM. Who the f*** walks in the door while we're FINALLY leaving the WEIRDEST DINNER EVER? f***ing Morrissey, enabling her fantasy in the most perfect way. I just stopped communicating with her, she was unchecked mentally ill.

She threw away an established veterinary practice WITH PARTNERS to follow him around. She should be honored as a reminder to what ignoring warning signs can lead to. TAKE SOME NOTES, JULIA. I'm not joking. He's just a man with an awesome voice and an out-of-touch career adviser.

Last edited:
I talked to her extensively because she thought I was one of her. I use Morrissey as an archetype to work out my mind babies, I don't think his dick smeg should be bottled as sacred lip balm.

We had dinner together once. She expressed profound and REAL disapproval I was not familiar with deep-track B-side single lyrics by heart. She also told me Johnny Marr's work on the Inception soundtrack was a waste of his time and talent, tat he should be resurrecting and playing only his Smiths material. She thought she'd find Morrissey hanging out at a f***ing a Son & Heirs concert. She also thought he was hiding out in his sweetzer house waiting for her, that he faked it's sale and was communicating messages to her to meet him there. She dressed frumpy because her dream was he'd make her his before&after project since Kristeen was not proving to make him proud, she would be pretty AND blindly adore him as He should expect because He's the Extalted One and only "we" recognized it. I said, "Woah, woah, woah wait a minute." It was like that scene from American Beauty where the neighbor thinks he's gay and comes over for a kiss...I just play a sycophant on the Internet, but how do you tell that to someone who stipulated before dinner knowing I have a dog that she refuses to dispense medical advice about dogs because her veterinary skills don't define her, her love of Morrissey does. Then BAM. Who the f*** walks in the door while we're FINALLY leaving the WEIRDEST DINNER EVER? f***ing Morrissey, enabling her fantasy in the most perfect way. I just stopped communicating with her, she was unchecked mentally ill.

She threw away an established veterinary practice WITH PARTNERS to follow him around. She should be honored as a reminder to what ignoring warning signs can lead to. TAKE SOME NOTES, JULIA. I'm not joking. He's just a man with an awesome voice and an out-of-touch career adviser.

and you think she had the capacity to recognize selfishness???

CrystalGeezer, it sounds to me like you are describing severe mental illness, and your instinct to flee is a totally reasonable response. Tammy's response, however, is anything but. I've heard nothing about Margaret's actions that warrants such nastiness. Certainly any of us dealing with various degrees of mental illness can empathize with the desire to find meaning somewhere, somehow, and oftentimes in someone.

I have no pony in this show other than to hold a mirror up to Tammy's shittiness. I'll shut the hell up now and let the Seattle people bask in their afterglow. Sorry to have commandeered.

and you think she had the capacity to recognize selfishness???

Well, if she was too far gone to recognize her selfishness when her vet practice partners said "WTF are you doing?" then her family failed her by recognizing that she was spinning out of control like Icarus with a maxed out credit card not answering her phone. But she got her tattoo. She got her hug. She made contact TWICE. Three times if you count the flowers Morrissey sent to the funeral.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom