Seattle, WA - Benaroya Hall (July 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Ray in Seattle, order corrected by an anonymous person

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does everyone complain about Meat Is Murder being too "intense" or "over the top"?? He's been playing this song with the backdrop video for a very long time now..you complainers are obviously new school fans

Wow. I am surprised he said that. I mean nobody likes that song, but I am surprised he acknowledged that. I am actually a little bit surprised he's aware of this and has taken it into account with set lists.

I wonder why does keep playing it?

hate the song but i love that he acknowledges that people don't like it and plays it anyway. was very relieved that he didn't play it when i saw him on this tour but if he had and if it'd been prefaced by that i think i would have been pretty okay with it.

For the sake of determining just how tenuous your relationship to existence and empathy is, Tammy, can you please give us a glimpse into the horrors Margaret committed in life to deserve such posthumous character assassination? Aside from not going to enough Morrissey shows in '97, of course. Which is absolutely unforgivable, on earth as it is in heaven, no doubt.

that revolting slag and I got into it once in Vegas. Everyone I knew following the tours HATED her. She had a big mouth and a c***y attitude. She acted like she was queen of all things Morrissey, including the que. I've witnesses more people get into it with her than I care to remember. It's like my dear sweet Grandmother used to say, "If ya don't wanna be called a c***, don't participate in c***ish behavior". She was a wise woman, my Grandma. :D

hate the song but i love that he acknowledges that people don't like it and plays it anyway. was very relieved that he didn't play it when i saw him on this tour but if he had and if it'd been prefaced by that i think i would have been pretty okay with it.

Yeah, I agree. It is kinda cool. At the same time, every time I go to see Morrissey I always hope against hope he does not pull that song out.

I know that artists oftentimes disagree with the rest of the world about what is/is not their better work, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what he could see in that song. If it was a song that had a deep personal meaning to him I could see his instance on playing it.

If it was something like the songs from Southpaw Grammar which Morrissey thought were excellent and most people rather disliked I would be more supportive. But than again I think Southpaw is underrated as an album, whereas I never never never want to hear People Are the Same Everywhere again. I don't even know if it is that bad as it is his instance for awhile at constantly playing it and whenever it reappears it always replaces something like "Will Never Marry" or "Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before."

I guess he's lurking on the internet, because the professional reviewers who pick at his setlist are too much of causal listeners to even single that song out.

I think that setlist looks about right, order-wise. Seen Morrissey 4 times in the past 6/7 years and I have to say that was the weakest (though admittedly my previous experiences were in Manchester and London and Seattle crowds are shockingly lame). I love Morrissey's new material as much as the next man but the sheer quantity... and adding to that Mama, Ganglord, Paris, Far-Off Places (and Meat is Murder, Alma Matters, Speedway Everyday is Like Sunday, for that matter) which I've seen in setlists prior really failed to inspire me much. That said, Stop me was great, as was TQID, Yes I am Blind and Now my Heart is Full, as were Staircase, Suedehead and WPINOYB. I nearly vomited with excitement when he said 'This next song is called What Difference Does it Make...' and then proceeded to play Stop Me. also found it amusing when the lights went off and when they came back on everyone was playing each other's instruments. Very dour setlist, and this is Morrissey we're talking about, very little breaking that up, Ganglord and MIM clear downers. Worst time I've seen him, but then again I think I've been very lucky in the past. Seemed faintly ill and not 100% into it. ALso what was with those guys repeatedly trying to give him the gladioli ffs?

he did say "the next song is called 'What Difference Does It Make' and then 'hell no!' Before Stop Me... Show was awesome but the crowd not so much. Just pretty much stood there. At least they stood. From where I was his voice was powerful and he seemed to enjoy himself and did a big show of throwing off his shirt at the end of the night.

Tammy Waynette, Barry Wanger and some others, please stop it now.

If you want to continue to discuss about it, you should go to off-topic fight thread in the pigsty or other thread in off-topic.

Thank you very much.

In case he or his team do lurk here: Smiler for San Jose Please!!!!!

Yeah, I agree. It is kinda cool. At the same time, every time I go to see Morrissey I always hope against hope he does not pull that song out.

I know that artists oftentimes disagree with the rest of the world about what is/is not their better work, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what he could see in that song. If it was a song that had a deep personal meaning to him I could see his instance on playing it.

If it was something like the songs from Southpaw Grammar which Morrissey thought were excellent and most people rather disliked I would be more supportive. But than again I think Southpaw is underrated as an album, whereas I never never never want to hear People Are the Same Everywhere again. I don't even know if it is that bad as it is his instance for awhile at constantly playing it and whenever it reappears it always replaces something like "Will Never Marry" or "Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before."

I guess he's lurking on the internet, because the professional reviewers who pick at his setlist are too much of causal listeners to even single that song out.

(Although I have to admit, with people being packed in like that, I did have a nice woman dancing next to me. And I got to have her waist-length hair brushing against my bare arm the entire time. Life's little pleasures. :)

Someone, call security.

that revolting slag and I got into it once in Vegas. Everyone I knew following the tours HATED her. She had a big mouth and a c***y attitude. She acted like she was queen of all things Morrissey, including the que. I've witnesses more people get into it with her than I care to remember. It's like my dear sweet Grandmother used to say, "If ya don't wanna be called a c***, don't participate in c***ish behavior". She was a wise woman, my Grandma. :D

Grandma says it's time to look at the c*** in the mirror Tammy

Does ANYBODY apart from Morrissey actually like it? Why does he keep playing it? I just can't imagine anyone who when assembling their 15 odd greatest Morrissey/Smiths songs for a setlist, from such a huge back catalogue, would pick this steaming brown turd?

me, i can say

Set List

I found a list of videos in order on YouTube, and the setlist was in this order:
1. Suedehead
2. Alma Matters
3. Staircase at the University
4. Ganglord
5. Speedway
6. World Peace is None of Your Business
7. Kiss Me A Lot
8. Istanbul
9. One of our Own
10. Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed
11. I’m Throwing my arms around Paris
12. Stop Me if you think you’ve heard this one before