Seattle, WA - Benaroya Hall (July 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Ray in Seattle, order corrected by an anonymous person

Last edited by a moderator:
Crowd was lame, Band was on point, but big downer happens when he sang Meat is Murder.

Yeah, Meat is Murder was intense. They projected a video behind Morrissey and the band of very explicit footage from slaughterhouses - and during much of that time, Morrissey was kneeling silently on the floor.

I'm already mostly vegan (I only take fish oil for health-reasons) and concerned about animal rights; and the video really made me think more about the very real cruelty that's going on.

Yeah, very intense, though. Some of the people near me had to turn around because the visuals were too much for them.

The band was sounding as good as I've heard. That's the first time I've been at a show that Gustavo Manzur was in. He's really impressive! Every moment of his playing was literally perfect. From piano to didgeridoo (sp?), to a singing solo(!), etc.

Also, loved when several band members switched instruments (including Morrissey! Well, he stood where Gustavo usually was, while Gustavo sang from center stage). Hearing Boz doing the closing drum solo on "Speedway" was awesome.

Does ANYBODY apart from Morrissey actually like it? Why does he keep playing it? I just can't imagine anyone who when assembling their 15 odd greatest Morrissey/Smiths songs for a setlist, from such a huge back catalogue, would pick this steaming brown turd?

I love it, it is a great song. I could do without Meat is murder, though, I used to love it but he's been playing it for so long now that I am really tired of it.

She didn't attend all Morrissey shows. I nearly did the entire 97 Maladjusted tour. I never laid eyes on her until several years ago. She was new-skool. She was hardly Julia. I heard she offed herself. That makes me hate her slightly less. At least she knew she was garbage and decided to do the proper thing.

Your post is totally inappropriate, insulting, and ignorant. Don't try to justify it by saying you were joking. The joke is on you pal.

Your post is totally inappropriate, insulting, and ignorant. Don't try to justify it by saying you were joking. The joke is on you pal.

I know who this is and I will have a "word" with you at the next show.

So did Seattle not get "What She Said"? That's a bummer...was there a song added I'm missing or just get shorted one of the best songs he's playing?

She didn't attend all Morrissey shows. I nearly did the entire 97 Maladjusted tour. I never laid eyes on her until several years ago. She was new-skool. She was hardly Julia. I heard she offed herself. That makes me hate her slightly less. At least she knew she was garbage and decided to do the proper thing.

So, this comment is okay, is it? Freedom of speech at all costs, even though it may be uncomfortable for some? This comment, along with many many other comments that are posted on this site, are just not needed. Moderators should 'moderate', otherwise, there is no need for moderators at all.

After past disappointments this is not something to joke about. Don't say something about an ambulance when there wasn't one.
Um. There was an ambulance out front on 3rd Ave right after the show. My husband and I saw it pull up as we were leaving.

It was my first Moz show, and I loved every minute of it. But I thought he looked tired and was rushing through the material. The best songs, in my opinion, were the ballads - "I Am Blind" and "Now My Heart is Full." The band is super tight but the louder songs came across as a wall of sound where I was sitting (13th row). Surprising given that this was an orchestra hall and so the acoustics have to be good. Everyone around me seemed equally thrilled to be seeing him.

People Are The Same Everywhere (prefaced with "We don't play this song very often because nobody likes it")

Wow. I am surprised he said that. I mean nobody likes that song, but I am surprised he acknowledged that. I am actually a little bit surprised he's aware of this and has taken it into account with set lists.

I wonder why does keep playing it?

After past disappointments this is not something to joke about. Don't say something about an ambulance when there wasn't one.

Yes there was an ambulance out front and it was for someone who needed it. Don't gey your panties in a bunch. jesus christ there's a bunch of cry baby assholes on this site.

Um. There was an ambulance out front on 3rd Ave right after the show. My husband and I saw it pull up as we were leaving.
I know someone who was at the show and they also mentioned an ambulance. Someone on Twitter even posted a photo of it in front of the venue, joking that Morrissey killed someone. I haven't seen any mention of who it was for. Of course, it could have easily been for an unwell concert-goer, venue staff, etc. but with reports of Morrissey seeming sick/tired, it's definitely a bit troubling.

I know someone who was at the show and they also mentioned an ambulance. Someone on Twitter even posted a photo of it in front of the venue, joking that Morrissey killed someone. I haven't seen any mention of who it was for. Of course, it could have easily been for an unwell concert-goer, venue staff, etc. but with reports of Morrissey seeming sick/tired, it's definitely a bit troubling.

The auditorium holds 2500 people...if it was for anyone inside the building, it was most likely for someone in the audience. Morrissey seemed fine from where I was - certainly the encore was delivered with enough energy that I'd be surprised if anyone left the show fearing for his health.

Forgot to mention he got a big cheer when he said "This next song is called ... 'What Difference Does it Make?'" before screeching "Just kidding" or "Just joking" (I couldn't hear it clearly) and then launching into "Stop Me".

Regarding People Are The Same, he plays it because he likes it. After saying "...nobody likes it" he added "Well, <blows raspberry>", implying he'll do it no matter what we think.

It wasn't Moz going out in the bus. Relax, everyone. It was most likely an audience member who had a reaction to the videos, too many drinks pre-show or the lights. People faint at pretty much each and every show, and more often than not, someone gets checked by the EMTs. I can't even recall how many toppled over at MSG. Moz is fine. The boys in the band are fine.
You're probably right; I think a lot of people (myself included) are having flashbacks to last year's incident in Boston.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom