Seattle, WA - Benaroya Hall (July 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Ray in Seattle, order corrected by an anonymous person

Last edited by a moderator:
Crowd was lame, Band was on point, but big downer happens when he sang Meat is Murder.

Full house in Seattle, and the man was energetic, in good spirits and in excellent voice. Opening with Suedehead gave the show an electric start, and the next four songs created enough momentum to carry things through some of the lesser-known songs. People near me seemed excited to be there, and even the new stuff was fairly well received. In the middle, Stop Me and Yes I Am Blind got the biggest cheers, although I was most excited to hear one of my all time favourites, Now My Heart is Full. The only disappointment for me was having People Are the Same, when we could have had Will Never Marry. He dedicated One of Our Own to someone whose name escapes me now, but said they last saw her "in this city".

Setlist (order muddled in the middle):
Suedehead
Alma Matters
Speedway
Staircase
Ganglord
Kiss me a lot
World Peace
One of Our Own
Stop Me
Istanbul
Paris
Far Off Places
Yes I Am Blind
Mama
Bullfighter Dies
Now My Heart Is Full
People Are The Same Everywhere (prefaced with "We don't play this song very often because nobody likes it")
Meat Is Murder
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Encore: Queen is Dead (with shirt toss)

Please, please, please, what about the setlist?!

I'm dying to know!!

He dedicated One of Our Own to Margaret who attended all Morrissey shows and died after the Seattle show on the last tour. Very nice.
Bummed he didn't play First of the Gang to Die though.
He was definitely not feeling well - coughing and sneezing often. His energy level dropped throughout but he sounded amazing as did the band.

Crowd was lame, Band was on point, but big downer happens when he sang Meat is Murder.

I don't think the crowd was lame but more so the venue. Lining up to get in was ridiculously slow and stupid. It's like they had no idea it was a sold out show at a symphony house. Probably led to the crowd being a bit out of it after that long delay getting in IMO.

He dedicated One of Our Own to Margaret who attended all Morrissey shows and died after the Seattle show on the last tour. Very nice.
Bummed he didn't play First of the Gang to Die though.
He was definitely not feeling well - coughing and sneezing often. His energy level dropped throughout but he sounded amazing as did the band.

She didn't attend all Morrissey shows. I nearly did the entire 97 Maladjusted tour. I never laid eyes on her until several years ago. She was new-skool. She was hardly Julia. I heard she offed herself. That makes me hate her slightly less. At least she knew she was garbage and decided to do the proper thing.

She didn't attend all Morrissey shows. I nearly did the entire 97 Maladjusted tour. I never laid eyes on her until several years ago. She was new-skool. She was hardly Julia. I heard she offed herself. That makes me hate her slightly less. At least she knew she was garbage and decided to do the proper thing.

She was around enough to have Moz dedicate a song for her. Maybe if you off yourself you too can be garbage and get a song for you. I guess we can always hope.

She was around enough to have Moz dedicate a song for her. Maybe if you off yourself you too can be garbage and get a song for you. I guess we can always hope.

no way Jose! I'm awesome, and I know it. Along with the TONS of rad friends I have. Only friendless, rat faced, garbage losers kill themselves. Rot in pieces, Margret.

People Are The Same Everywhere (prefaced with "We don't play this song very often because nobody likes it")

Does ANYBODY apart from Morrissey actually like it? Why does he keep playing it? I just can't imagine anyone who when assembling their 15 odd greatest Morrissey/Smiths songs for a setlist, from such a huge back catalogue, would pick this steaming brown turd?

I really felt the venue or someone didn't organize things well...

I was in the fourth row, and there was a walkway directly between the third and fourth row. They let people stand wherever they wanted (in the aisles/walkways/piling up around the front of the stage). The walkway just in front of me was flooded with people, and I essentially didn't have a seat anymore (or even anywhere to stand). Inconsiderate people, who didn't have tickets for that section, were backed up into me, bumping into me and blocking my view. Most people were polite enough, but one or two really essentially "took my seat" and didn't seem to care.

I like that Benaroya Hall (and the Seattle Symphony--the venue is their home) are being forward-thinking these days, and booking shows that most "classical places" wouldn't. But I was hoping for a nice fourth row Morrissey experience, and what I got instead was people pushing me out of my legitimate seat, and essentially ruining the show for me.

(Although I have to admit, with people being packed in like that, I did have a nice woman dancing next to me. And I got to have her waist-length hair brushing against my bare arm the entire time. Life's little pleasures. :)

I think Benaroya Hall was wrong to have sold seats in that row. Probably, they don't know what they're doing when it comes to non-classical shows.

no way Jose! I'm awesome, and I know it. Along with the TONS of rad friends I have. Only friendless, rat faced, garbage losers kill themselves. Rot in pieces, Margret.

Wayne, stop being an melodramatic, bitchy, queen please.

For the sake of determining just how tenuous your relationship to existence and empathy is, Tammy, can you please give us a glimpse into the horrors Margaret committed in life to deserve such posthumous character assassination? Aside from not going to enough Morrissey shows in '97, of course. Which is absolutely unforgivable, on earth as it is in heaven, no doubt.

I really felt the venue or someone didn't organize things well...

I was in the fourth row, and there was a walkway directly between the third and fourth row. They let people stand wherever they wanted (in the aisles/walkways/piling up around the front of the stage). The walkway just in front of me was flooded with people, and I essentially didn't have a seat anymore (or even anywhere to stand). Inconsiderate people, who didn't have tickets for that section, were backed up into me, bumping into me and blocking my view. Most people were polite enough, but one or two really essentially "took my seat" and didn't seem to care.

Um, you know that's what happens at every morrissey show right? You have to get to the stage first, nobody ever stays in their seats. People always crowd the aisles and stand in front of the stage; it's always been that way.

Tammy I really hope you get whats coming to you. I wish you only the very worse.

Does ANYBODY apart from Morrissey actually like it? Why does he keep playing it? I just can't imagine anyone who when assembling their 15 odd greatest Morrissey/Smiths songs for a setlist, from such a huge back catalogue, would pick this steaming brown turd?

I like it :(. It isn't his most elegant song but it is the truth. Hate the part thought when he makes himself be the only exception

I beat we have to book months in advance for a seat to your funeral ey? Refreshing to see you are honest with your feelings after her death but have some decency and dignity

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom