Seattle, WA - Benaroya Hall (July 21, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / People Are The Same Everywhere / Now My Heart Is Full / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Ray in Seattle, order corrected by an anonymous person

Last edited by a moderator:
The band was sounding as good as I've heard. That's the first time I've been at a show that Gustavo Manzur was in. He's really impressive! Every moment of his playing was literally perfect. From piano to didgeridoo (sp?), to a singing solo(!), etc.

Also, loved when several band members switched instruments (including Morrissey! Well, he stood where Gustavo usually was, while Gustavo sang from center stage). Hearing Boz doing the closing drum solo on "Speedway" was awesome.

i'm glad when someone 'notices' gustavo :love:

what makes you think mental illness is a one-size-fits-all condition? you surely don't believe that all of the afflicted have a clear, reasonable grasp of defined selfishness, do you?

margaret was obviously on morrissey's mind and he wanted to memorialize her in some small way. i don't see where that act warrants our judgment of her illness.

I'm just saying she's not one of MY own. However I can recognize one thing his imagination failed to muster given her frumpy costume. She had on-screen f***buddy potential. Those girls clean up nice, you know? Such a shame.

Well, if she was too far gone to recognize her selfishness when her vet practice partners said "WTF are you doing?" then her family failed her by recognizing that she was spinning out of control like Icarus with a maxed out credit card not answering her phone. But she got her tattoo. She got her hug. She made contact TWICE. Three times if you count the flowers Morrissey sent to the funeral.

i don't know, cg. i just don't think blame and harshness are particularly constructive when dealing with mental health issues. we're not talking about dickish behavior from someone with all their cylinders firing. this is illness, and not of a person's choosing.

friends, families and co-workers don't always see the forest through the trees, and even if they do, that doesn't mean the memo is sanely received or that help/intervention is instantaneously granted.

based on what you've said, it doesn't appear margaret was competent enough that her suicide could be legitimately deemed a "choice".

anyway, i hope you're doing well and the road isn't too bumpy.

Re: Set List

I found a list of videos in order on YouTube, and the setlist was in this order:
1. Suedehead
2. Alma Matters
3. Staircase at the University
4. Ganglord
5. Speedway
6. World Peace is None of Your Business
7. Kiss Me A Lot
8. Istanbul
9. One of our Own
10. Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed
11. I’m Throwing my arms around Paris
12. Stop Me if you think you’ve heard this one before
13. Yes I am Blind
14. I will see you in far off places
15. The Bullfighter Dies
16. People are the same everywhere
17. Now my heart if full
18. Meat is Murder
19. Everyday is Like Sunday
20. The Queen is Dead
Hope that helps anyone!

If you guys ever need setlists, check here. Pretty accurate: http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/morrissey-73d6ae15.html

Well, if she was too far gone to recognize her selfishness when her vet practice partners said "WTF are you doing?" then her family failed her by recognizing that she was spinning out of control like Icarus with a maxed out credit card not answering her phone. But she got her tattoo. She got her hug. She made contact TWICE. Three times if you count the flowers Morrissey sent to the funeral.

wow, didn't know he sent flowers, love him even more now. Just read his TTY statement on her passing.

I talked to her extensively because she thought I was one of her. I use Morrissey as an archetype to work out my mind babies, I don't think his dick smeg should be bottled as sacred lip balm.

We had dinner together once. She expressed profound and REAL disapproval I was not familiar with deep-track B-side single lyrics by heart. She also told me Johnny Marr's work on the Inception soundtrack was a waste of his time and talent, tat he should be resurrecting and playing only his Smiths material. She thought she'd find Morrissey hanging out at a f***ing a Son & Heirs concert. She also thought he was hiding out in his sweetzer house waiting for her, that he faked it's sale and was communicating messages to her to meet him there. She dressed frumpy because her dream was he'd make her his before&after project since Kristeen was not proving to make him proud, she would be pretty AND blindly adore him as He should expect because He's the Extalted One and only "we" recognized it. I said, "Woah, woah, woah wait a minute." It was like that scene from American Beauty where the neighbor thinks he's gay and comes over for a kiss...I just play a sycophant on the Internet, but how do you tell that to someone who stipulated before dinner knowing I have a dog that she refuses to dispense medical advice about dogs because her veterinary skills don't define her, her love of Morrissey does. Then BAM. Who the f*** walks in the door while we're FINALLY leaving the WEIRDEST DINNER EVER? f***ing Morrissey, enabling her fantasy in the most perfect way. I just stopped communicating with her, she was unchecked mentally ill.

She threw away an established veterinary practice WITH PARTNERS to follow him around. She should be honored as a reminder to what ignoring warning signs can lead to. TAKE SOME NOTES, JULIA. I'm not joking. He's just a man with an awesome voice and an out-of-touch career adviser.

I did not know Margaret but wasn't it HER "life to ruin her own way"? I detect jealousy from you and Tammy that Mozzer was so taken by her death.

I did not know Margaret but wasn't it HER "life to ruin her own way"? I detect jealousy from you and Tammy that Mozzer was so taken by her death.

That's reaching a bit. I don't agree with CG, but I think she sincerely feels Margaret's suicide was selfish.

Tammy, on the other hand, is simply transcribing her own queefs and calling them opinions.

Oh, me too! Me too! Makes my heart flutter because I feel as though the band gets "lost" with Morrissey looming, all bright and shiny, at the forefront.

The marquee and ticket say MORRISSEY. At the forefront is exactly where he is expected to be.

Anyone know who the ambulance out front was for?

It may have been for the guy the paramedics were helping next to the merchandise table after the show. He seemed ok after; saw him walking around.

Oh, me too! Me too! Makes my heart flutter because I feel as though the band gets "lost" with Morrissey looming, all bright and shiny, at the forefront. He doesn't mean it though...and I feel as if his "Speedway" break-down is his attempt to give the boys the attention they deserve.

- - - Updated - - -

aha.

when Morrissey said "they were snatched from their mothers arms" in regards to the band members (I laughed hard) I thought he was going to go into Meat is Murder.

Also, did anyone catch that he said "I love you" at the end? I can't remember if it was at the end of The Queen is Dead or Everyday Is Like Sunday but I know he said it. Does he do that often? It felt very genuine :)

I don't know, does anyone get the feeling that Morrissey wants to get out as much of himself and what he believes politically in these current times?
He's always been a very funny, sarcastic, and ironic man and he still is, but I feel like he wants to be a bit more serious in terms of that and get his message and beliefs out there before he passes. For all we know he knows when he's going to. I think that's why we're getting a lot of this Meat is Murder, Ganglord footage, and rants more so. Not to say he's never done stuff like this before, but it feels like it's at an all time high in the past years. Compare an interview he did in '84 or '85 where he said he would never shove the idea that meat is murder down his band mates or someone's throat because that's "boring", to now.

Also, did anyone catch that he said "I love you" at the end? I can't remember if it was at the end of The Queen is Dead or Everyday Is Like Sunday but I know he said it. Does he do that often? It felt very genuine :)

He's said that off and on at shows going back to at least 2000. When I heard him say it, at my first-ever show in that year, it seemed very genuine too.

Not to say he's never done stuff like this before, but it feels like it's at an all time high in the past years.

Obviously, none of us knows what Morrissey knows regarding his health...but I disagree his rants are at an "all time high."

That, to me, happened back with the "subspecies" comment (2010) and the equating KFC with the Norway massacre (2011).

Also...lest we forget that in 2006 in that infamous leaked email he was aware that his animal rights comments generated press/publicity for himself.

Compare an interview he did in '84 or '85 where he said he would never shove the idea that meat is murder down his band mates or someone's throat because that's "boring", to now.

There's a much more recent interview that he did in the past decade or so where he stated-I'm paraphrasing here- that he thought that it's harder to get people's attention in the digital era than ever before so more aggressive techniques are needed to rise above the noise.

I think you're reading way too much into things.

Last edited:

Also...lest we forget that in 2006 in that infamous leaked email he was aware that his animal rights comments generated press/publicity for himself.

Not him/her, but can you tell me more of this Email leak?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom