Sean Hughes RIP - comedian dies at 51

Sean Hughes: comedian dies aged 51 - The Guardian
Sean Hughes: Comedian, actor and writer dies aged 51 - BBC News
Sean Hughes dead: Irish comedian and Never Mind the Buzzcocks captain dies aged 51 - The Independent

I just heard the news that Irish comedian / actor, also a fellow Morrissey fan, passed away.

Details hasn't been emerged yet, just shocked the sad news.

You can read the transcribed interview in November 1999.

40957_sean_hughes.jpg

40956_seanhughes28.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's spooky - we quoted the same interview - mine in the book of condolence.
I enjoyed his humour on Buzzcocks.
A sad loss.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
So sad, RIP Sean, he was a massive fan and this has came as a huge shock.

Only 51! Was hanging out with him after the Lowry show back in 2006, a really nice fella!

Shocking news. Always used to like Sean's Show and the fact he used to wear a Morrissey t-shirt on TV. Felt like he was a kindred spirit.

I only knew about him posing in the t-shirts and that and never to my knowledge saw him perform as a comedian but I relate to what he said recently about not wanting to live forever.

I think with age he found it harder to appreciate life so he chose to enjoy it at a time when he could, being still young in body and mind.

He lived exactly the life he wanted it seems and from his comments it is clear that he put an end to life early on just like he wanted to so no sadness really needed when he got his wish.

Look at the three of them. Geldof, Hughes and Morrissey look like brothers in that picture.

I met him a couple of years ago when he was playing Mr Perks in the Railway Children, he came out before the show and chatted with my daughter who was about 5 at the time. He seemed a really nice guy. Had not realised he was a Morrissey fan?

Only listened to an interview the other day with Morrissey and Sean Hughes from his radio show. Think it was from 1999. It was really good. Always liked Sean Hughes. Morrissey was at ease with him too.
Good guy and a funny guy too.
RIP

Irish news tonight says he died from cirrhosis of the liver. Poor man. Too young to go.

Nice photos. Didn't know him at all but sad to hear nonetheless

I met him a couple of years ago when he was playing Mr Perks in the Railway Children, he came out before the show and chatted with my daughter who was about 5 at the time. He seemed a really nice guy. Had not realised he was a Morrissey fan?

Very much so - in his bizarre sitcom 'Sean's Show', there was a huge Bona Drag era picture of Morrissey in his living room, which he would talk to on numerous occasions. He was also featured in Morrissey's own 'Peepholism' book, so Morrissey obviously liked him as well.

Irish news tonight says he died from cirrhosis of the liver. Poor man. Too young to go.

DM were quick to report the cause as they of course love to gloat when it comes to these things but fair game to them for adding his quotes explaining why he chose to live the way he did.

Never have I experienced someone dying and leaving a full explanation as to why it happened. A very honest guy to the very end by all accounts.

I saw the t-shirt photos in Peepholism when it was released but still he never crossed my path so to speak which is strange when I come to think about it.

Oops - actually in that video he's confused Steve Lillywhite with Stephen Street, but you get the idea.

The actual radio interview as opposed to a transcript:

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom