Rumor Scott Rodger (Maverick/Quest): Bonfire of Teenagers scheduled for Feb. 23, delayed by featured artist

BFFFE472-6D40-4091-ABB2-5E1A898902D8.jpeg
764E84D2-F0E7-415B-9FB3-DF3D68D90CC9.jpeg

Scott Rodger of Maverick/Quest management took to Twitter responding to claims about BOT’s cancellation. According to Rodger what’s going on behind the scenes is legal trouble with a featured artist (must be Miley?) who was supposed to go uncredited for legal reasons. Morrissey announced their feature on his blog, which led to a delay as they have to scrub the vocals from the album and replace them.

Rodger gives a release date of February 23rd 2023 and no indication that that is off.

“Morrissey’s album was due for release in Feb 23. It will come out but Morrissey himself put out a statement in his blog that the album “featured” another artist who didn’t want to be credited and thus the artist’s label blocked the release. Nothing to do with Capitol.”

“The artist who did backing vocals will be taken off and replaced. That takes time especially as you hit Christmas. When you say fight, sadly it doesn’t work that way. The other label, Columbia, legally blocked it. They’re within their rights to do so.”

Only Dylan and Cyrus were on Columbia.....

Anyway, when you are signed to a label, you are not allowed to sing (and get credits for singing) on another Artist's songs unless a $$$$ "deal" has been agreed. A license fee perhaps is a better word.

It's nothing to do with fanbase at all. Once the other label "found out" Columbia basically threw the toys out of the pram and the track - or tracks - will need to be rerecorded. This is because Columbia OWN the other Artist. And restrict what she is allowed to do. At ALL times. Anywhere in the World.

...a good try to keep it under the radar.
but, ultimately, these label people are weazels. They only care about $$$. This has happened lots before and it will happen again.

BOT is STILL a fantastic album. Let's hope they rerecord the offending points in Jan/Feb in France.

Hazard

Oh my, you fanboys have problems...

First of all, it was a huge mistake of Mozzer to invite this stupid young girl called Hannah Montana to sing on his album. 2nd, who f***ing cares which is the next single? And when the album is out now? You've waited two years, you can wait another 6 months or so.

The only positive thing about BoT are the performances of songs at concerts. Everything else is a total flop. Starting from comparing I am Veronica to This Charming man in an interview on MC, through collaborating with a Disney star, through total crap like auto-tune in " Rebels without applause " ending with this information chaos, understatements and accusations that we have been witnessing in recent days...
It's not dark yet , but it's gettin there ...

Last edited:
If Morrissey sold the album to Capital, then he does not control what happens to it! He can wash his hands of the release, but that won't stop it coming out if Capital wants to recoup the money, they spent on it. I am sure they are not thrilled that they bought an album that is now going to cost them even more money to release. They are not going to go back and take a background singer out just to put it on the shelve!! The release will see the light of day for sure. Now is it only going to be digital or physical releases, I don't know. What I do know is that you can't get a vinyl record made that quickly. They are way too busy making more Taylor Swift "Midnights". She is clogging the plants up.

Anyway, when you are signed to a label, you are not allowed to sing (and get credits for singing) on another Artist's songs unless a $$$$ "deal" has been agreed. A license fee perhaps is a better word.
You need an agreement, but whether money is involved is a separate question. It seems like there was an agreement that MC could appear uncredited (which I also don't think is an unprecedented arrangement, even if it might be silly).

If I remember correctly, at one of the vegas shows he said something along the lines of “the backing vocals were done by none other than Miley Cirus, to whom I am forever enslaved” etc etc. Further into the fog we fall, we were just following him…
‘Miley Cirus, to whom I am forever enslaved.’

You couldn’t make this stuff up.

What's crap about it???

It sounds so compressed and tight. The guitars are quacking, where in the live version they’re chiming. The bass vacillates from the front to the back of the mix. The vocals seem weirdly manipulated at times. As someone else on here said, the song isn’t given any room to breathe. It’s smothered in trying too hard. As Dirk put it, it sounds “underwater.”

Do you think Miley told Moz she didnt want to be credited on the track from the very beginning or she was naive about her own contract agreement with Columbia? The whole thing is probably true but still unbelievable.

I obviously have no idea at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sam just posted the pic and mentioned her in the statement on Central because pea brain.

Of all people, why is Morrissey's (ex?) manager corresponding with that Wratten 'Blue Rose Society' fantasist? That's the most baffling thing of all.

The only positive thing about BoT are the performances of songs at concerts. Everything else is a total flop. Starting from comparing I am Veronica to This Charming man in an interview on MC, through collaborating with a Disney star, through total crap like auto-tune in " Rebels without applause " ending with this information chaos, understatements and accusations that we have been witnessing in recent days...
It's not dark yet , but it's gettin there ...
Similar to "Morrissey at KROQ" - just release BOT as a live album.

Of all people, why is Morrissey's (ex?) manager corresponding with that Wratten 'Blue Rose Society' fantasist? That's the most baffling thing of all.
Yes, he apparently also has no problem with the antisocial and radical tone with which the rat represents the interests of the ominous BRS.

Do you think Miley told Moz she didnt want to be credited on the track from the very beginning or she was naive about her own contract agreement with Columbia? The whole thing is probably true but still unbelievable.
I don't think she was under contract to Columbia when she recorded this, and maybe she thought it would be released a lot sooner and whatever situation she was in at the time, it was ok to be a guest on someone's else's record.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom