Rumor Scott Rodger (Maverick/Quest): Bonfire of Teenagers scheduled for Feb. 23, delayed by featured artist

BFFFE472-6D40-4091-ABB2-5E1A898902D8.jpeg
764E84D2-F0E7-415B-9FB3-DF3D68D90CC9.jpeg

Scott Rodger of Maverick/Quest management took to Twitter responding to claims about BOT’s cancellation. According to Rodger what’s going on behind the scenes is legal trouble with a featured artist (must be Miley?) who was supposed to go uncredited for legal reasons. Morrissey announced their feature on his blog, which led to a delay as they have to scrub the vocals from the album and replace them.

Rodger gives a release date of February 23rd 2023 and no indication that that is off.

“Morrissey’s album was due for release in Feb 23. It will come out but Morrissey himself put out a statement in his blog that the album “featured” another artist who didn’t want to be credited and thus the artist’s label blocked the release. Nothing to do with Capitol.”

“The artist who did backing vocals will be taken off and replaced. That takes time especially as you hit Christmas. When you say fight, sadly it doesn’t work that way. The other label, Columbia, legally blocked it. They’re within their rights to do so.”

WPINOYB was very worldly with different musical styles. Most of it worked very well. LIHS is similar and I think that has to do with who was writing his music. CS and DOAC were attempts at something different with BOT the next progression from there. Alain is back, maybe Boz will rejoin and then the peak period could be revisited, however they have changed in time as well. U2, The Cure, R.E.M. Etc all faded out after there peak success, Morrissey can still surprise us and overall his body of work is very consistent.
U2 never had a peak.

The Cure may have peaked in terms of their writing, but they are commercially doing better than ever, selling out huge, 40+ date arena tours, playing near 3 hour sets, despite their age, something that Morrissey hasn't been able to do in a long, long time (was he ever able to sell out big arena tours, except in the USA?).

Morrissey's body of work since 2014 has been consistent, yes, but consistent in the sense that it is mediocre, as much as I hate to admit it.

U2 never had a peak.

The Cure may have peaked in terms of their writing, but they are commercially doing better than ever, selling out huge, 40+ date arena tours, playing near 3 hour sets, despite their age, something that Morrissey hasn't been able to do in a long, long time (was he ever able to sell out big arena tours, except in the USA?).

Morrissey's body of work since 2014 has been consistent, yes, but consistent in the sense that it is mediocre, as much as I hate to admit it.
If we're talking album sales worldwide, & thereby popularity, I would say U2 probably did have a peak in 1987 with Joshua Tree; their most popular period (based on sales) seems to have been 1987-1991. After that they pretty much tailed off, certainly as far as sales are concerned.

If we're talking album sales worldwide, & thereby popularity, I would say U2 probably did have a peak in 1987 with Joshua Tree; their most popular period (based on sales) seems to have been 1987-1991. After that they pretty much tailed off, certainly as far as sales are concerned.
I agree after AB they started to slide down in quality in my opinion. The Cure seem silly to me now and have not aged well. 3 hours while impressive yet they are kinda boring. The Church has continually released new and exciting music, sadly after Marty Wilson-Piper left the band they kinda went down hill. Morrissey last few albums lacked a strong writing partner, Alain is back and very excited to hear the results. The last 4 albums still have some excellent moments, nothing better than a new Morrissey album.

“Rat” made himself look rather stupid, didn’t he?! Instead of leaping to straight out calling Mr Senior Record Exec a lair, my initial reaction to reading his response was “that sounds totally logical and very Moz”.

I agree after AB they started to slide down in quality in my opinion. The Cure seem silly to me now and have not aged well. 3 hours while impressive yet they are kinda boring. The Church has continually released new and exciting music, sadly after Marty Wilson-Piper left the band they kinda went down hill. Morrissey last few albums lacked a strong writing partner, Alain is back and very excited to hear the results. The last 4 albums still have some excellent moments, nothing better than a new Morrissey album.
Disagreed that The Cure are silly - they are fantastic, always will be, and I was never a big fan until I saw them live earlier this month.

Agreed with Alain back. Hoping he can whip the rest of Morrissey's shit band into shape. It's madness that Jesse has been around for so long. The guy is awful imo (he may well be a lovely person, though).

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom