School bans sugar in tea

Re: School bans sugars in tea

why not just give them those silly little sachets you get in some cafe's with a limit rather than none. I do not agree with having none at all people should have the choice I think that promoting healthy eating does indeed have its place that is going too Big brother. I am a no sugar fan myself in tea. It is sweet enough with the milk.

My kids don't drink tea,which is very strange in my mind.

They keep pontificating at their school what they should put in their lunch boxes.I say piff and put what the hell I like in them.

Too much sugar makes the little dears Hyper- active
My local pub is full of the out of control little brats running around SCREAMING every sunday......us poor drinkers are thinking of staying home for a bit of peace.....and dont get me started on Brian and Maureens kids!!!

The English are totally psychotic over weight. I really wonder how all of this will play out. I hope I get to see the end result in my lifetime.

The English are totally psychotic over weight. I really wonder how all of this will play out. I hope I get to see the end result in my lifetime.

quite the generalisation. i'm english and i don't give two shits about weight. it's like saying americans are obsessed with guns. and they all love garth brooks. sexually.

They keep pontificating at their school what they should put in their lunch boxes.I say piff and put what the hell I like in them.

Amen sister.

Here you go again, the same bullshit as before. 'The English' are no more psychotic about weight than anybody else, you are just neurotically insecure about it.

In Japan state school pupils pay for school dinner.
School dinner is regulated by government standard which is very good.
Some pupils are exempted for payment if their family income is lower than average.

The state schools I went didn't allow us to bring fizzy drinks or tea with sugar.

You can have any food and drink at home.
The aim of school dinner is to provide a meal which is met essential nutritional value to school children.
My mother wasn't very good at cooking, was relieved when the city council started school dinner service.

thanks for the info kewpie, other than from you
all the info i know about Japanese pubic schools i learned from
battle-royale-cover-1.jpg

Typical of you, Robby.

Battle Royale is a fiction, not a single element of school in the film is reflecting reality.
IMHO only good thing about the film is well displayed human psychology in an extream situation.

EDIT

If you'd like to see quality Japanese films set in school I recommend:

Taste of Tea
Ping-pong
Like Grains of Sand
All About Lily Chou-Chou
Summer Holiday 1999

Last edited:
i drink my tea in a very simple way, and i have a pot every day. just the tea and some lemon. no sugar,no milk,no cream, just tea with a lemon slice.

If you'd like to see quality Japanese films set in school I recommend:

Taste of Tea
Ping-pong
Like Grains of Sand
All About Lily Chou-Chou
Summer Holiday 1999
that is such a good film but a little hard to watch in places :(

i never got the appeal of battle royale.

Here you go again, the same bullshit as before. 'The English' are no more psychotic about weight than anybody else, you are just neurotically insecure about it.

She's still all hurt because a couple of limey kids called her a fatty. Now all of England is like a bunch of totally obsessed, ripped, super fit, freaks of nature who are totally obsessed with weight.

I went to America once and met a guy who was obsessed with neatness, he had OCD, I believe. I guess all you crazy Americans are totally obsessed with neatness and order! I mean, I met ONE of you who was, so it must be the cardinal rule!

'All About Lily Chou-Chou', i really should watch it
i have the soundtrack after all :o
as for 'Like Grains of Sand', i assumed that Ayu's acting in it was terrible
i saw 'Ping Pong' & dont know 'Summer Holiday 1999' at all :confused:

Back
Top Bottom