Schadenfreude at baby formula shortage

Lucifer Sam

الموت لأمريكا
There is a baby formula shortage in the United States, and parents are desperate. Some are angry at the Biden administration, others are simply bewildered, while others believe that the God of the Hebrews is coming through for them.

Jennifer Kersey, 36 of Cheshire, Connecticut, said she was down to her last can of formula for her seven-month-old son, Blake Kersey Jr, before someone saw her post on a Facebook group and came by with a few sample cans.

“At first I was starting to panic,” she said. “But, I’m a believer in the Lord, so I said, ’God, I know you’re going to provide for me and I just started reaching out to people, ‘Hey do you have this formula?’”

She said she and others in the group are helping each other, finding stores that may have the formula in stock and getting formula to mothers who need it.

It is amusing to watch. There is surely no "shortage," really, since all the nutrients necessary for a healthy human infant are present in a human mother's breast milk. Human primates are mammals, of course: mammals who despair over not being able to have milk stolen from another species, in a cruel process involving rape and the separation of young from their mother. That these people are feeling uneasy gives them a glimpse into just a fraction of the suffering they cause.

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

There is a baby formula shortage in the United States, and parents are desperate. Some are angry at the Biden administration, others are simply bewildered, while others believe that the God of the Hebrews is coming through for them.

It is amusing to watch. There is surely no "shortage," really, since all the nutrients necessary for a healthy human infant are present in a human mother's breast milk. Human primates are mammals, of course: mammals who despair over not being able to have milk stolen from another species, in a cruel process involving rape and the separation of young from their mother. That these people are feeling uneasy gives them a glimpse into just a fraction of the suffering they cause.

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
"There is surely no "shortage," really, since all the nutrients necessary for a healthy human infant are present in a human mother's breast milk."
Educate yourself. It's not this simple. Google "why mothers need formula" and start there. What you're doing here is not helpful and is an example of the type of thing that alienates people from animal rights.

Educate yourself. It's not this simple. Google "why mothers need formula" and start there. What you're doing here is not helpful and is an example of the type of thing that alienates people from animal rights.

I did your recommended Google search, and the second result, from the National Library of Medicine, has a study telling me formula is a choice, not a necessity. How could it be anything but? If most mothers had biological defects that prevented them from lactating, or if most children had biological defects that prevented them from suckling, the human race would not now be numbered at 9 billion. Asking Google why mothers need formula is like asking, "why did Southern plantations need African slaves?" White people were biologically capable of picking their own hay and cotton, but it sure is grueling work under the hot Mississippi sun. No, they figured, let's be comfortable and not put ourselves out. It was done out of choice, not exigency.

Look at the New York Times article you provided. In the first instance cited, the infant "struggled to latch" at the breast because it had been accustomed to formula. That's unfortunate, but it's nothing in comparison to what is inflicted on dairy cows and their young, who would love to have such a minor inconvenience compared to their forced separation and the slaughter of the calves. Thinking on that, one can let the human child struggle for a time without getting all bent out of sorts about it. Not all successes come easy, but if your options are latch or starve, eventually you will get the hang of a thing. These appeals to the "emotional demands" of formula-feeding mothers are nothing. Where are their emotions when it comes to the animals?

There is very little anyone can do to alienate people from animal rights more than they already are. There was an interview with Peter Singer where he was asked how proud he was for having written Animal Liberation, which the interviewer considered a landmark and a great success, and Singer sighed and said that while he felt it was well-written and rationally formulated, the fact that there is still a McDonald's on nearly every street corner forty years on signified that he had not come anywhere close to achieving his goal. People are simply immune to an ethical appeal when it comes to this. At this point, the only person who can really have a significant impact on ending animal suffering is not Peter Singer or Pamela Anderson or even Morrissey, but the Russian thug Vladimir Putin. Only a madman launching a nuclear war can put an end to this madness. Come, come, nuclear bomb.

Last edited:
I did your recommended Google search, and the second result, from the National Library of Medicine, has a study telling me formula is a choice, not a necessity. How could it be anything but? If most mothers had biological defects that prevented them from lactating, or if most children had biological defects that prevented them from suckling, the human race would not now be numbered at 9 billion. Asking Google why mothers need formula is like asking, "why did Southern plantations need African slaves?" White people were biologically capable of picking their own hay and cotton, but it sure is grueling work under the hot Mississippi sun. No, they figured, let's be comfortable and not put ourselves out. It was done out of choice, not exigency.

Look at the New York Times article you provided. In the first instance cited, the infant "struggled to latch" at the breast because it had been accustomed to formula. That's unfortunate, but it's nothing in comparison to what is inflicted on dairy cows and their young, who would love to have such a minor inconvenience compared to their forced separation and the slaughter of the calves. Thinking on that, one can let the human child struggle for a time without getting all bent out of sorts about it. Not all successes come easy, but if your options are latch or starve, eventually you will get the hang of a thing. These appeals to the "emotional demands" of formula-feeding mothers are nothing. Where are their emotions when it comes to the animals?

There is very little anyone can do to alienate people from animal rights more than they already are. There was an interview with Peter Singer where he was asked how proud he was for having written Animal Liberation, which the interviewer considered a landmark and a great success, and Singer sighed and said that while he felt it was well-written and rationally formulated, the fact that there is still a McDonald's on nearly every street corner forty years on signified that he had not come anywhere close to achieving his goal. People are simply immune to an ethical appeal when it comes to this. At this point, the only person who can really have a significant impact on ending animal suffering is not Peter Singer or Pamela Anderson or even Morrissey, but the Russian thug Vladimir Putin. Only a madman launching a nuclear war can put an end to this madness. Come, come, nuclear bomb.
dont argue with dave. he knows everything about being a mother and caring for a newborn. from googling it.

f*** the baby formula shortage I'm all about the Monkeypox virus! Bring. It.

How could it be anything but a choice? Did you read other comments from women that can't supply their babies with milk?

I support animal rights. I understand about the dairy industry. But you have to be stupid and hateful to think that this formula shortage is somehow funny or satisfying or that it helps animals to push this viewpoint.

However, the next time something bad happens to you please let me know because I always like a good laugh.

I support animal rights. I understand about the dairy industry. But you have to be stupid and hateful to think that this formula shortage is somehow funny or satisfying or that it helps animals to push this viewpoint.

I don't think it helps the animals, no. Nothing really helps the animals, except for the small measure exerted on the meat and dairy industries by people collectively abstaining. One does what little one can. But yes, it is perversely funny and satisfying to see people whose choices mete out unspeakable cruelty finding themselves just a fraction as traumatized as the objects of their choice. I suppose a more charitable approach would be to coo that this is a "teachable moment," as the milquetoast like to say. However, I don't think these people are willing to be taught. I've tried reasoning with others on this for years. They're immovable. Bang your head against the same wall for long enough, and eventually your brains splatter out and you're a giggling lobotomy case.

Last edited:
f*** the baby formula shortage I'm all about the Monkeypox virus! Bring. It.

I don't know. Like the coronavirus, monkeypox is rather indiscriminate. What you need is something more selective. All these crazies who think Bill Gates is a marrano mad genius who heads a cabal of global domination with the intent of making everyone vegan and infertile—I wish that conspiracy theory was true. If he really did pull the strings, he would put a fatal disease in meat and a sterility-causing element in Gardein. Voilà, a nice, tidy, sparsely-populated planet of childless vegans. But then you would still have the vegans who already have children. The insufferable Swayze Foster would still be among us, so I guess in addition to the conspiratorial version of Bill Gates, we would need some other form of precisely-aimed death.

Last edited:
Vegans, atheists, childfree by choice - some of the most annoying and vicious people on earth (some, not all)

Believers in the God of the Hebrews and eaters of meat (often one & the same) are far more vicious. And they sure are numerous. Will they ever go away? With any luck, climate change will do our long work for us (us vegan childless atheists). Just a century or two.

Redacted, I've been away from the forum for a while. Are you the same user from a couple years ago who went by the moniker GodEmperorMorrissey?

Redacted, I've been away from the forum for a while. Are you the same user from a couple years ago who went by the moniker GodEmperorMorrissey?
No, I posted Anon off and on for years, not usually for any significant period of time, I don't recall ever reading or posting with you. This is my first registered name.

I don't think it helps the animals, no. Nothing really helps the animals, except for the small measure exerted on the meat and dairy industries by people collectively abstaining. One does what little one can. But yes, it is perversely funny and satisfying to see people whose choices mete out unspeakable cruelty finding themselves just a fraction as traumatized as the objects of their choice. I suppose a more charitable approach would be to coo that this is a "teachable moment," as the milquetoast like to say. However, I don't think these people are willing to be taught. I've tried reasoning with others on this for years. They're immovable. Bang your head against the same wall for long enough, and eventually your brains splatter out and you're a giggling lobotomy case.
I think the animals can be helped by winning over the undecided or unaware masses. There are people who now view eating meat as some kind of protest against the vegans. Putting bacon on their burgers now makes them feel like they're taking some kind of stand against the snowflakes. I think you know the type.
Those people won't be swayed. But the people that just never bothered to think about it are being asked by both sides to have an opinion. One of the most popular arguments by those arguing against animal rights is that those in favor of animal rights don't care about people.
Your post is a perfect example to these people.
It doesn't matter. Who is reading this anyway? But it's irritating. And while you've been reasoning with these people for years I'm not shocked that your success rate isn't great because of the way you really seem to feel and the way you put your argument across.

Also I see that elsewhere you've written that "most" mothers can breastfeed if they choose to. So you seem to have modified your position a little bit. The only reason I answered your post is because this was an issue the other day when some people were taking your position, seemingly out of ignorance, and there were lots of women coming forward to educate people on this issue.
Your position is ugly, bitter, but also ignorant, and I was responding to the ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom