Saved By The Bell - Tell all book by Screech

The Seeker of Good Songs

Slightly old news but I just came across this.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/07/screechs_saved_by_the_bell_tel.html

Screech Writes ‘Saved by the Bell’ Tell-all

Sometimes a book deal comes along that you never knew you were waiting for, but, once it's announced, you realize it has been your secret wish all along. Which explains our reaction to the news that Dustin Diamond, whose high-pitched nerdy exploits as Samuel "Screech" Powers figured prominently in nearly thirteen (!) years of Saved by the Bell incarnations (plus that infamous sex tape), has jumped on the tell-all bandwagon. Behind the Bell, which Gotham Books preempted from Objective Entertainment's Jarred Weisfeld, promises to detail "sexual escapades among cast members, drug use, and hardcore partying," and for those of us who spent untold hours in our formative years memorizing "I'm So Excited" and the entire back catalog of Zack Attack, this is the greatest book deal in the history of the universe.
But Diamond, with an assist from veteran ghostwriter Alan Goldsher, will really strike pop-culture gold if he can answer our most burning question: What if Miss Bliss had moved to Bayside with the SBTB gang instead of Principal Belding? The course of television history might have been irrevocably altered. —Sarah Weinman

13 YEARS?!?!?! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I realise each episode seemed to last for eternity but seriously....

I can't tell the difference between that and Head of the Class.

I think I will wait for the book on Tape.

Head Of The Class actually had students who were in class.

head of the class
headoftheclass.jpg

saved by the bell

saved-by-the-bell.jpg

:p

although, that shirt is incorrect b/c Jesse was not in Zack Attack!!! :cool:

actually she was an on again-off again member.

Wikipedia will back me up on this..wow I really need a life!

Zack was also very musically talented. He was the lead singer and lead guitar player for a band called The Zack Attack. The other members were Kelly (vocals), Lisa (bass guitar), Slater (drums), and Screech (Keyboard). While this band never achieved the success that it did in Zack's dreams, it was good enough to get paid to play at local events. The Zack Attack, however, offered to play for free at a school dance so that more money could be spent on decorations. This line-up featured Zack and Jessie on vocals, Lisa on guitar, Screech on keyboard, and Slater on drums. However, when Slater had to take over the lead vocals during the dance because Zack was outside talking to Kelly, Ollie (a minor character on Saved by the Bell) took over on drums.

Slightly old news but I just came across this.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/07/screechs_saved_by_the_bell_tel.html

Screech Writes ‘Saved by the Bell’ Tell-all

Sometimes a book deal comes along that you never knew you were waiting for, but, once it's announced, you realize it has been your secret wish all along. Which explains our reaction to the news that Dustin Diamond, whose high-pitched nerdy exploits as Samuel "Screech" Powers figured prominently in nearly thirteen (!) years of Saved by the Bell incarnations (plus that infamous sex tape), has jumped on the tell-all bandwagon. Behind the Bell, which Gotham Books preempted from Objective Entertainment's Jarred Weisfeld, promises to detail "sexual escapades among cast members, drug use, and hardcore partying," and for those of us who spent untold hours in our formative years memorizing "I'm So Excited" and the entire back catalog of Zack Attack, this is the greatest book deal in the history of the universe.
But Diamond, with an assist from veteran ghostwriter Alan Goldsher, will really strike pop-culture gold if he can answer our most burning question: What if Miss Bliss had moved to Bayside with the SBTB gang instead of Principal Belding? The course of television history might have been irrevocably altered. —Sarah Weinman

You know why Dustin Diamond is doing this, right? He spent all of his money when he was on, "Saved By The Bell" (like another child star, Gary Coleman) and was actually panhandling (not on the street, on tv) for donations so he wouldn't be destitute. This book is probably just another pathetic quest for him to rake in some cash. WHY would ANYONE want to read this book? One might as well read about Urkel. :D

actually she was an on again-off again member.

Wikipedia will back me up on this..wow I really need a life!

Zack was also very musically talented. He was the lead singer and lead guitar player for a band called The Zack Attack. The other members were Kelly (vocals), Lisa (bass guitar), Slater (drums), and Screech (Keyboard). While this band never achieved the success that it did in Zack's dreams, it was good enough to get paid to play at local events. The Zack Attack, however, offered to play for free at a school dance so that more money could be spent on decorations. This line-up featured Zack and Jessie on vocals, Lisa on guitar, Screech on keyboard, and Slater on drums. However, when Slater had to take over the lead vocals during the dance because Zack was outside talking to Kelly, Ollie (a minor character on Saved by the Bell) took over on drums.

I dunno dude. to me there was only one official Zack Attack episode. it was kinda like a Behind the Music, kiddie version. the one with Casey Kasem. and they got all big and famous and had hit singles with "Friends Forever" and "Didn't We Almost Have a Chance"....or whatever that one was called? and then Zack got all pompous and wanted to go out on his own, and then they almost broke up, but at the end got back together, cuz DUH, they were FRIENDS FOREVER. and Jesse was nowhere to be found in that episode. she was actually gone for a while, and they replaced her with Tori, the biker chick.

I'm the one who needs a life, see? I'll post a picture of my Zack doll later, I know I have it around here somewhere....

oh no you di'nt!!! :eek:

i want this shirt

00056428-101893_400.jpg

although, that shirt is incorrect b/c Jesse was not in Zack Attack!!! :cool:

I read that as saying "Cack Attack", which as we all know up here, means poo. Is it just a Yorkshire thing?

Peter

Saved By The Bell - The College Years was on this morning when I was eating breakfast..I was almost late for work cause I couldn't tear myself away from it. I should just buy that shiz on DVD and be done with it.

dammit, i can't find my Zack doll!!! this is very distressing. :(

I wonder if that shit's worth anything on ebay..... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom