Save The Soil

Many of these questions would be answered if ya went back
and watched some of the videos.
Soil without organic matter turns to sand.
Organic matter added to sand can make soil.
Right now, with the diminished organic matter in the Soil,
the experts predict about 60 more harvests.
That's why we're tryin' to raise awareness.

As far as I understand this, the experts are predicting 60 more harvests unless the proper actions are taken to save the soil. But what I am not learning from any of these videos is what the likelihood is of the people and their governments taking the proper actions. Is anyone giving odds?

Here, this is the question. The people and their governments will take the necessary actions to save the soilโ€”buy, hold, or sell?

I should say that I like the Sadhguru's vintage motorcycle glasses. Not as cool-looking as Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia, though.

As far as I understand this, the experts are predicting 60 more harvests unless the proper actions are taken to save the soil. But what I am not learning from any of these videos is what the likelihood is of the people and their governments taking the proper actions. Is anyone giving odds?

Here, this is the question. The people and their governments will take the necessary actions to save the soilโ€”buy, hold, or sell?

I should say that I like the Sadhguru's vintage motorcycle glasses. Not as cool-looking as Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia, though.

The video's do tell you the likelihood.
Can't remember the exact number but over 50 countries have committed
to the plan that Save Soil presented.
It was awhile ago since I seen any numbers.
It's probably more than that now.

The video's do tell you the likelihood.
Can't remember the exact number but over 50 countries have committed
to the plan that Save Soil presented.
It was awhile ago since I seen any numbers.
It's probably more than that now.

I'm afraid that doesn't tell me much. A country pledging something does not ensure that the country will necessarily follow through and actually do the thing. Look at the climate change issue: there are many countries which, on paper, have committed to the 1.5ยฐC goal, but it is well thought that many of the major greenhouse gas contributors, such as the U.S., India, Australia, Canada, &c., are not serious about meeting that measure, and most likely will not. So the likelihood is different from the commitment. It's like a politician making a campaign promise. It looks good and gets votes in the short term, but we don't always think there's a likelihood of him or her following through in the long term.

The Save Soil journey garnered attention, but now's the time for action.
We're lookin' at another 12 months of awareness to get these policies in place.
I need to find a better way than postin' on here though!
I did try, but it weren't very useful. :lbf:

The Save Soil journey garnered attention, but now's the time for action.
We're lookin' at another 12 months of awareness to get these policies in place.
I need to find a better way than postin' on here though!
I did try, but it weren't very useful.

It was a noble failure. I am not inclined to take action, but you did get me interested in the topic, for whatever that's worth. I'm just scratching my head trying to see how the soil problem can possibly be turned around, given 1. people's steadfast refusal to stop eating animal products and 2. that 26% of the Earthโ€™s ice-free land is used for livestock grazing, and 1/3rd of the planetโ€™s arable land is occupied by crops for livestock feed. Between those two facts, I would place my chips on "soil doom."

im more worried about the uyghurs personally!

Tags
global warming sadhguru save the soil
Back
Top Bottom