Save The Soil

This is a unique thread. A perverse level of persistence (The Wild Turkey) over nine pages on behalf of an eco-Brahmin, some hilarious interjections on behalf of uncaring (rifke), a few sensible posts on topic (spent), and occasional thematic musical interludes (Ketamine Sun). Maybe there is a potential screenplay lurking somewhere. The pitch: it's Hrundi V. Bakshi in The Music Man, with soil instead of trombones. A sitar twangs offstage, and a bearded, turbaned & kaftan'd Indian guru strides into a small Midwestern farming town ...

This is a unique thread. A perverse level of persistence (The Wild Turkey) over nine pages on behalf of an eco-Brahmin, some hilarious interjections on behalf of uncaring (rifke), a few sensible posts on topic (spent), and occasional thematic musical interludes (Ketamine Sun). Maybe there is a potential screenplay lurking somewhere. The pitch: it's Hrundi V. Bakshi in The Music Man, with soil instead of trombones. A sitar twangs offstage, and a bearded, turbaned & kaftan'd Indian guru strides into a small Midwestern farming town ...

Thanks Aubrey.
I'm a Earth Buddy, so they asked us to post for 100 days on social media
and this is the only social media I do.
Not sure if it's helped any, but all I can do is try.
Ya should write a Save Soil screenplay and help spread the message!
💙🌏💚

Thanks Aubrey.
I'm a Earth Buddy, so they asked us to post for 100 days on social media
and this is the only social media I do.
Not sure if it's helped any, but all I can do is try.
Ya should write a Save Soil screenplay and help spread the message!

Ah, that explains the persistence, then. I take off my hat. I guess you don't have much longer to go before you reach your hundred days. Perhaps I will try writing the idea into a one-act play, as I have been considering using the "blog" section of this site for something or other.

On the subject of being an "Earth Buddy," I find myself not drawn to that stance, because I wonder: who are we saving the earth for? Future generations of meat and dairy eaters? I recently learned of the practice of "methane capture" on dairy farms, wherein the problem of methane from cow burps & flatulence going into the atmosphere will be solved, not by banning dairy, but by harvesting the methane to supply natural gas—and the dairy industry will get even more tax credits and subsidies than it already does. Christ Almighty, but that is depressing.

Last edited:
Awaiting today's video, though I confess, I haven't watched any of them so far. I have looked into this Sadhguru, though, and it appears he is a lacto-ovo vegetarian. One could do worse, but I do wonder about Indians' paradoxical fondness for dairy and their putting the cow on a sacred pedestal. There are Hindutva partisans who believe the eating of beef should be punishable by death, yet meanwhile they have no scruples about dairy. It must be ignorance, but the year is 2022, and the internet is available on the subcontinent—how ignorant they can be?

If the Sadhguru is serious about saving the soil, it would avail him to take up veganism and preach a vegan gospel, since the feeding of dairy cattle requires the growing of more plants, thereby exerting an unnecessary burden on the soil.

Ah, that explains the persistence, then. I take off my hat. I guess you don't have much longer to go before you reach your hundred days. Perhaps I will try writing the idea into a one-act play, as I have been considering using the "blog" section of this site for something or other.

On the subject of being an "Earth Buddy," I find myself not drawn to that stance, because I wonder: who are we saving the earth for? Future generations of meat and dairy eaters? I recently learned of the practice of "methane capture" on dairy farms, wherein the problem of methane from cow burps & flatulence going into the atmosphere will be solved, not by banning dairy, but by harvesting the methane to supply natural gas—and the dairy industry will get even more tax credits and subsidies than it already does. Christ Almighty, but that is depressing.

Don't know what the future will be, but if the Soil ain't right,
there weren't be much of a future anyway.
It's to a bad enough point with the Soil that it's gonna take
the intervention of governments to really turn it around.

Don't know what the future will be, but if the Soil ain't right,
there weren't be much of a future anyway.
It's to a bad enough point with the Soil that it's gonna take
the intervention of governments to really turn it around.

What kind of odds would you give for governments intervening to save the soil? I do not know much about the soil issue. But with climate change, I think I pay too much attention to the climate alarmists, since my disposition inclines me to favor the worst case scenario. Like a Jansenist looking forward to God's wrath coming down on the massa damnata, I look forward to this whole meat-&-dairy civilization hurtling toward its own made ruin. But sometimes it seems like things are getting more "green" out there, and perhaps that 2°C mark will be met, and society will limp on with cheeseburgers and milkshakes. I was listening to the moderate voice of Dan Jørgensen recently, and he makes a reasonable case that the goal could be achieved. Maybe he doesn't know about this ticking soil time bomb, however.

Is your user name a reference to the fine brand of Kentucky bourbon whiskey?

Last edited:
What kind of odds would you give for governments intervening to save the soil? I do not know much about the soil issue. But with climate change, I think I pay too much attention to the climate alarmists, since my disposition inclines me to favor the worst case scenario. Like a Jansenist looking forward to God's wrath coming down on the massa damnata, I look forward to this whole meat-&-dairy civilization hurtling toward its own made ruin. But sometimes it seems like things are getting more "green" out there, and perhaps that 2°C mark will be met, and society will limp on with cheeseburgers and milkshakes. I was listening to the moderate voice of Dan Jørgensen recently, and he makes a reasonable case that the goal could be achieved. Maybe he doesn't know about this ticking soil time bomb, however.

Is your user name a reference to the fine brand of Kentucky bourbon whiskey?

Governments will be involved if the people are involved and make it a issue.
Rebuildin' the organic content in Soil is a 20 year project and in democratic
countries the goverments can change durin' that time. That's why the people
got to keep it as a issue.
In India, Sadhguru is well supported because of his success with Rally For Rivers.
Here he is With Prime Minister Modi.

Governments will be involved if the people are involved and make it a issue.
Rebuildin' the organic content in Soil is a 20 year project and in democratic
countries the goverments can change durin' that time.

What odds would you give for people getting sufficiently involved and governments making the necessary changes in the next twenty years, before it’s too late?

Ya sure are interested in the odds.

Yes. I am keenly interested in how likely the desertification scenario is. Do you think the people will petition their governments to save the soil? Or is it likely to end in disaster? What odds do you give it? What odds do the experts in the field give it?

How many more days until you've reached your hundredth day of posting?

Yes. I am keenly interested in how likely the desertification scenario is. Do you think the people will petition their governments to save the soil? Or is it likely to end in disaster? What odds do you give it? What odds do the experts in the field give it?

How many more days until you've reached your hundredth day of posting?

Many of these questions would be answered if ya went back
and watched some of the videos.
Soil without organic matter turns to sand.
Organic matter added to sand can make soil.
Right now, with the diminished organic matter in the Soil,
the experts predict about 60 more harvests.
That's why we're tryin' to raise awareness.

Tags
global warming sadhguru save the soil
Back
Top Bottom