"Satellite Of Love" (live) to be released as a single (Dec. 2, 2013) - true-to-you.net

Re: TTY - Satellite Of Love to be released as a single

My phone wallpaper was from a snap I took that night. He was so on and happy in every way, one of my favorite shows. I'm sure it'll be a lovely recording.

10796570613_cc07f84ee1.jpg

Fantastic news.

Exciting news,indeed!

How come Parlophone will release this then? Is it sign of future Moz releases on this label?

How come Parlophone will release this then? Is it sign of future Moz releases on this label?

"The digital download of Morrissey's Satellite of Love on November 29 will be followed in January by the release of Satellite Of Love (Live) 7" picture disc, 12" heavyweight vinyl and three-track digital downloads, all featuring You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side from Your Arsenal and previously unreleased live tracks. Parlophone have also said more Morrissey news will be announced soon."

Interesting. Let's hope he's re-signed with them.

https://img.rasset.ie/00081d52-440.jpg

Last edited:
Orson Swells posted the additional information / image in the thread:

Morrissey to release cover of Lou Reed classic - RTE

Excerpt:

"The digital download of Morrissey's Satellite of Love on November 29 will be followed in January by the release of Satellite Of Love (Live) 7" picture disc, 12" heavyweight vinyl and three-track digital downloads, all featuring You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side from Your Arsenal and previously unreleased live tracks... Parlophone have also said more Morrissey news will be announced soon."

00081d52-440.jpg

Parlophone release
- true-to-you.net
10 November 2013

Parlophone Records will release Satellite of Love by Morrissey as a digital download on December 2nd. Recorded live at the Chelsea Ballroom at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas on 25 November 2011, the release will be further available in January as a heavyweight 12-inch disc and a 7-inch picture disc, supported by additional live tracks.

Satellite of Love is, of course, a song written by Lou Reed, who died on 27th October.

The release of Satellite of Love will coincide with the issue of Morrissey's Autobiography in audiobook as read by acclaimed British actor David Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:

"The digital download of Morrissey's Satellite of Love on November 29 will be followed in January by the release of Satellite Of Love (Live) 7" picture disc, 12" heavyweight vinyl and three-track digital downloads, all featuring You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side from Your Arsenal and previously unreleased live tracks. Parlophone have also said more Morrissey news will be announced soon."

Just hope so, I'd love it to be a new album but I think it's a long shot...

Thought it was weird too how Parlophone have picked this up, if Lou Reed was on Parlophone at the time of original release it would've been understandable, but it's not.

Hmm, how odd.

Re-release of Your Arsenal forthcoming? It's due up next, isn't it?

He shouldn't give that to any label unless they agree to put out a new album as well.

This package here is pretty cool and I'm excited to buy it. It's been a while since I said that.

Probably a remastered release of Vauxhall And I, which was from Parlophone. Your Arsenal was under the HMV-label (EMI).

Not trying to be a downer, but does anyone else feel this appears to be a cash in on the death of Lou Reed? I am sure Moz is doing it in support of Lou but someone stands to make a good deal of money from it. What money is going to charity? To Lou's family? Next, I am sure will be the reissue of Arsenal or Vauxhall. EMI doesn't do anything without the cash registers ringing. Plus they are dying that Moz doesn't have anything to sell during this massive PR that is surrounding him a the moment because of the book.

Oh, I hope he's re-signed with them! Now...that would be excellent news!! And I LOVE the artwork.

It's a great cover, I loved it back in 2011 when I first heard it. I've got a bootleg of that night so if anyone wants me to upload the track just let me know.

Not trying to be a downer, but does anyone else feel this appears to be a cash in on the death of Lou Reed? I am sure Moz is doing it in support of Lou but someone stands to make a good deal of money from it. What money is going to charity? To Lou's family? Next, I am sure will be the reissue of Arsenal or Vauxhall. EMI doesn't do anything without the cash registers ringing. Plus they are dying that Moz doesn't have anything to sell during this massive PR that is surrounding him a the moment because of the book.

There's very little to be made from performance royalties, the money's in the song writing credit.

A new recording deal maybe too much to hope for, although if the risk to insurers precludes live dates then Morrissey could have revised negotiating position.

At the very least I expect EMI to cash-in on the renewed interest in Morrissey by releasing remastered versions of Arsenal and Vauxhall.

Goodtimes for a change?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom