"Satellite Of Love" (live) to be released as a single (Dec. 2, 2013) - true-to-you.net

No cd? That's a bit rum.
Would have thought it was cheaper to make than vinyl.
I guess as there's nowhere to sell them now, it's game over.
I suppose virtual Moz is better than no Moz,
Regards,
FWD

I wonder if the Moz live cover of Sparks " Moon Over Kentucky" will ever receive an official release ? Wasn't he once umm-ing and aah-ing about an album of covers ?

It's a great cover, I loved it back in 2011 when I first heard it. I've got a bootleg of that night so if anyone wants me to upload the track just let me know.

It's been up on youtube for more than two years.

It's shit. He changes the words, not for the better, and it's not a good performance. What is the point? That this is already recorded and will be an easy cash-in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am looking forward to this! :D

Beautiful cover art! Moz's Satellite of Love is one of my favorites.

I do not see this as exploitation, but as a loving tribute (as another poster pointed out).

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if the Moz live cover of Sparks " Moon Over Kentucky" will ever receive an official release ? Wasn't he once umm-ing and aah-ing about an album of covers ?

That would be great:)

Morrissey said about a year ago in a magazine interview, that he had once wanted to do a covers album, but the idea had been over done.

I am hoping that it may be possible that Morrissey has signed to Parlophone and a new album may be on it's way. It's possible. :pray:

there's not really a market for cd singles is there?

Cassette singles were called cassingles, so maybe the cd version should be c-dingles. But there's not much market for music, let alone a CD with 1 or 2 songs on it. The carbon footprint alone is unconscionable.

It's on BBC 6 Music right now.

Great that already BBC 6 Music played it twice in last 15 hours.

Cassette singles were called cassingles, so maybe the cd version should be c-dingles. But there's not much market for music, let alone a CD with 1 or 2 songs on it. The carbon footprint alone is unconscionable.

One of these days somebody's going to hack iTunes and f*** everybody's libraries up and CD's will be popular again. :thumb: I lol'd at c-dingles.

More news from parlophone....let's just hope that it wont be another re issue coming up.Please no.....
Cheers Moz

This is indeed a ghastly, bad taste cash-in. Morrissey trying to boost his profile (he won't make much money directly) by associating himself closely with the recent death of a massively original and influential pop star.
It's almost like Paint a Vulgar Picture never existed. Unbelievable.

There's f*** all to be made from making a cover version, well there is for the original writer. Moz'd make more money releasing Sorrow Will Come as his new single.

There's f*** all to be made from making a cover version, well there is for the original writer. Moz'd make more money releasing Sorrow Will Come as his new single.

Yes, you very clearly know what you're talking about.

Yours etc,

Michael Bublé's accountant.

This is indeed a ghastly, bad taste cash-in. Morrissey trying to boost his profile (he won't make much money directly) by associating himself closely with the recent death of a massively original and influential pop star.
It's almost like Paint a Vulgar Picture never existed. Unbelievable.

He doesn't need to boost his profile. It's Morrissey!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom