Sarah Hagan Backstage: "All Access with Brendan Buckley" - due to record Morrissey album in France & more dates 2023 (November 29, 2022)

Screenshot_20221129-225830.png

Several Morrissey mentions.
Then towards the end, he mentions flying to France in January, 2023 to record an album with Morrissey (possibly 2 months) & added (re: tour): "bunch of dates he wants adding for 2023" (this part starts approx at 53:21).

Regards,
FWD.

I can't be bothered to listen, what does he say about dates?
Good old M. He loves his France does M.
Its kinda funny they are planning next years tour when five of dates have been pushed I am happy for him. He is doing the best thing. just getting on with it
Album to be written and recorded in France in January
“He has a bunch of dates he wants to add to the calendar in 2023”

Well, how would you describe the intro sounds on Jim Jim Falls?
The term blips n bops is perfect but yeah it's basically old skool techno on that intro if someone wants to get uppity about it. How the hell does he know if we're non musicians?

Album to be written and recorded in France in January
“He has a bunch of dates he wants to add to the calendar in 2023”
Thank Very busy work day. Is exciting her is gonna be out and about next year
I hope to Christi work doesn't place me USA while he is playing in UK

"The shows that stand out are the ones when something goes wrong or something funny....the stage collapsed." What a chill dude you are Brendan ! Were you by chance at that Roskilde Show in Denmark with Pearl Jam ? Maybe Woodstock in "99" and the James Brown crew to kick of the fun. James was Kool but the show started to really slide with Bush on stage. The Astro show in Houston Texas and that joyous romp of good times ! Altamont and the Stones with H.A. security in 1970 wasn't it ? Makes Morrissey Show security seem like kindly old railroad conductors and ushers at the seniors movie nights.
Oh...the Morrissey show in Liverpool when he caught a water bottle of his face !
Those kind of funny things ?
Ahhhh...title of a new Morrissey tune. "Those kind of funny things." Give that one a go Brendan and the royalties are all yours.

i miss boz boorer and matt walker. so much.
Yup...Gary Day and Spencer too. Deano Butterworth was a great drummer and chill.
Agreed it's not the same without Boz and Matt Walker. But at least Alain is back and lots more great new music.

Happy to hear Buckley will be in the fold long-term. He's a better drummer than Matt Walker, IMO.
Come on....Matt Walker is an accomplished musician like Brendan, different maybe, but not "better." Morrissey kept Matt for 12 years on now, since Ringleader right? 12 Years...nuff said

Suede recently released their best post-Bernard Butler record by stripping down the production and getting back to the basics. Morrissey could take a hint from that, but I doubt he will.
M should definitely not take a hint from that! The overall sound on Dog Chain as well as on RWA (even better) is just what M needs to stay relevant and exciting...

As a lifelong Suede fan, I really don't agree regarding Autofiction either... While I do appreciate the effort to sound raw and energetic, the album ends up sounding a bit flat and unimaginative... It has really strong songs on it, but they would have been so much better with fuller arrangements like on The Blue Hour... I think...

I’d wager that this post Bonfire record will be released in Q1 2024.
That all depends on whether he negotiated a multi-album deal with Capitol - and remember, he only licensed them the Bonfire recordings he already owned - plus that the relationship between Moz and label doesn't collapse in the interim. I hope it comes out that quickly, but having been a Morrissey fan for a long time, I would not be surprised at another delay of several months/years as Moz shops around for a new deal.

The move to France does sound like a return to Chiccarelli, which - after hearing the sonic mess of Rebels, I'm totally fine with.

Jim Jim Falls has beats borrowing from the English Jungle and Breakbeat (Future sound of London) scene of the mid 90s. It has nothing to do with Techno. A certainly interesting approach but we all still want to hear the great "Classic Morrissey" studio double album, that every great career needs. France in winter, Chiccarelli (?) and Whyte: no one said it would be easy.

Last edited:
That all depends on whether he negotiated a multi-album deal with Capitol - and remember, he only licensed them the Bonfire recordings he already owned - plus that the relationship between Moz and label doesn't collapse in the interim. I hope it comes out that quickly, but having been a Morrissey fan for a long time, I would not be surprised at another delay of several months/years as Moz shops around for a new deal.

The move to France does sound like a return to Chiccarelli, which - after hearing the sonic mess of Rebels, I'm totally fine with.

Yeah, maybe Moz will use Joe C.
Maybe A Watt.
Maybe Tony Biscotti.

joe chics production is clear with the singers voice up-front,what more could you want.

I wouldn't be surprised if has a two album contract deal with capitol.
Didn't he have a three album deal with Harvest? All I'm saying is when Morrissey sees a bridge he starts taking the lyrics to sweet and tender hooligan to heart

Good interview there, some great insights, & enjoyed watching. What a great guy Brendan is; aside from being a great drummer, he's smart, pleasant, and comes across as a really well-balanced individual. Love the fact he mentions that Moz "probably is my favourite lyricist out of all the music I listen to..." :thumb:

I think boz is a massive loss :(

he's a multi-instrumentalist and likes to experiment, his oboe playing on - I forget the album - was pretty.

It's also good to have fresh faces too though!
Oboe concerto had a clarinet

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom