Sarah Hagan Backstage: "All Access with Brendan Buckley" - due to record Morrissey album in France & more dates 2023 (November 29, 2022)

Screenshot_20221129-225830.png

Several Morrissey mentions.
Then towards the end, he mentions flying to France in January, 2023 to record an album with Morrissey (possibly 2 months) & added (re: tour): "bunch of dates he wants adding for 2023" (this part starts approx at 53:21).

Regards,
FWD.

Hopefully this will be the new material he records with Alain as main songwriter?

I’d wager that this post Bonfire record will be released in Q1 2024.

Good on Morrissey for preserving with his albums in a situation that has been, for whatever reasons, fairly fraught.

Europe?

I’d wager that this post Bonfire record will be released in Q1 2024.

Good on Morrissey for preserving with his albums in a situation that has been, for whatever reasons, fairly fraught.

This info aligns with what Morrissey said about recording a new album soon that won't be heard immediately.

Last edited:
What a lovely guy. Very little if anything about Morrissey other than mentioning the recording of the new, NEW album in France. I wonder if that's with the same producer as BOTT because this being Brendan Buckley's first studio gig with Morrissey means Andrew Watt's right hand man Chad Smith won't be on sticks so it could possibly be Joe Chiccarelli?

What a lovely guy. Very little if anything about Morrissey other than mentioning the recording of the new, NEW album in France. I wonder if that's with the same producer as BOTT because this being Brendan Buckley's first studio gig with Morrissey means Andrew Watt's right hand man Chad Smith won't be on sticks so it could possibly be Joe Chiccarelli?

Unfortunately, it might be indeed. Alain Whyte met with J.C. at Sunset Sound this past summer. If that meeting was preparation for the upcoming recording, we can probably expect more beeps and bloops and overall excess.

Suede recently released their best post-Bernard Butler record by stripping down the production and getting back to the basics. Morrissey could take a hint from that, but I doubt he will.

Unfortunately, it might be indeed. Alain Whyte met with J.C. at Sunset Sound this past summer. If that meeting was preparation for the upcoming recording, we can probably expect more beeps and bloops and overall excess.

Suede recently released their best post-Bernard Butler record by stripping down the production and getting back to the basics. Morrissey could take a hint from that, but I doubt he will.
I wasn't posting about Chiccarrelli as a negative per se but I get that some don't like his style. Personally Dog on a Chain is my favourite Moz album since YOR so I'm good with it if it's him. Alain is the new injection I'm looking forward to regardless of who the producer ends up being.

I've not heard Suede's new album yet.

As a multi-instrumentalist singer songwriter and producer/engineer, I find it funny that you non musicians keep referring to the keyboard synthesizers parts overdubbed on the Joe C . Produced albums as “blips and bops”

I can't be bothered to listen, what does he say about dates?
Good old M. He loves his France does M.
Its kinda funny they are planning next years tour when five of dates have been pushed I am happy for him. He is doing the best thing. just getting on with it

As a multi-instrumentalist singer songwriter and producer/engineer, I find it funny that you non musicians keep referring to the keyboard synthesizers parts overdubbed on the Joe C . Produced albums as “blips and bops”

Well, how would you describe the intro sounds on Jim Jim Falls?

Back
Top Bottom