Santigold wears Morrissey shirt

American singer Santigold wearing Morrissey t-shirt:

44481_santigold.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think MORRISSEY deserves all the support and praise. He should be celebrated like all the greats. So these t-shirt celebs are contributing to putting M on the right pedestal. He's as large as Frank Sinatra and Elvis, and yet suffers so much negativity. Every chance people have in spreading goodness about him, is an opportunity to correct this wrong. If the queen was a human (or divine), she would grant him a royal status: SIR MORRISSEY. Oh such a wonderful world it would be.

Kevin Durant wore a Morrissey t-shirt. Do really you think he's blasting Last Of The Famous International Playboys before every game?[/QUOTE]

Thats a great single, have listened to her previous stuff a few years ago but didn't really get into it.

Can't believe she's in her forties, looking good for it.

Thats a great single, have listened to her previous stuff a few years ago but didn't really get into it.

Can't believe she's in her forties, looking good for it.
Women (and men) can look fantastic at any age, that's the truth.. It's all about style and health, and spirit!
(Take a look at David J.. )(Oh, and M obviously is always always gorgeous)

Women (and men) can look fantastic at any age, that's the truth.. It's all about style and health. .
(Take a look at David J.. )

Yet I'm in my forties and look 57.

Reckon she is the first super star to rep Converse Air Steves! Signing party down at The Sunset Marquis today. I me reckon with the money pouring in from the desperate people in Brittin with the mporium uk, Air Steves, 4 sell outs within 3 hours of Uncle Steve's house, why should he even need to leave Moz Angeles. Good on ya The Morrissey Marketing Group, ltd-Beverly Hills mate inn n nn n nn n nn n n n n n it.

Why would he be? Are some of you here THAT obsessed? Or do you have THAT much time on your hands? Who knows?

Because, literally, the one and only single thing that matters to him in his whole life is to tell the world how racist Morrissey is. This doesn't exactly help his cause.

Wow. She must be racist. What an Auntie Tamera, eh?? Racist. Racist. Racist. Victim. Victim. Victim. #metoo #reparations #racist

I think MORRISSEY deserves all the support and praise. So these t-shirt celebs are contributing to putting M on the right pedestal. He's as large as Frank Sinatra and Elvis, and yet suffers so much negativity.

w8wut.gif

I get your enthusiasm BFM, but really? I will need more convincing. Morrissey is great, but hardly in the same league as those two.

Also, Morrissey better be careful or his image on a t-shirt will be like wearing an Andy Warhol Campbell Soup t-shirt for the kitsch and nothing else.

684271_1.jpg

I'm afraid so.. I think he's larger then life, I think he creates sublime music. His voice is pure love, his melodies and lyrics penetrate like nothing else I've ever heard... The fact that he's vulnerable and exposed (and not a polished ken doll like Sinatra and Elvis) only makes him more divine in my eyes. I'm convinced that his impact on individuals is in the same scale as them, if not numerous, than quality wise. The only difference is that he's not getting the same credit as them. This, as we know, comes a result of his honesty and frankness. It's also a sign of the times. Things are too vast these days. There's not only one to four kings, there are multiple kingdoms, in various scales. ETC.

w8wut.gif

I get your enthusiasm BFM, but really? I will need more convincing. Morrissey is great, but hardly in the same league as those two.

Also, Morrissey better be careful or his image on a t-shirt will be like wearing an Andy Warhol Campbell Soup t-shirt for the kitsch and nothing else.

684271_1.jpg

I'm afraid so.. I think he's larger then life, I think he creates sublime music. His voice is pure love, his melodies and lyrics penetrate like nothing else I've ever heard... The fact that he's vulnerable and exposed (and not a polished ken doll like Sinatra and Elvis) only makes him more divine in my eyes. I'm convinced that his impact on individuals is in the same scale as them, if not numerous, than quality wise. The only difference is that he's not getting the same credit as them. This, as we know, comes a result of his honesty and frankness. It's also a sign of the times. Things are too vast these days. There's not only one to four kings, there are multiple kingdoms, in various scales. ETC.

I agree very much with this, but I would never consider Frank or Elvis to be "polished ken dolls".

Frank was a Hoboken Jersey boy. He was raised in a blue collar town, and had brushes with if not ties to the mafia throughout his life.

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, a backwoods, backwater town. Neither, like Morrissey, were born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

The difference is that Frank's and Elvis' impact on entertainment far dwarf that of Morrissey's. Men wanted to be their friend and women wanted to be with them when they were both in their prime and even after.

Graceland is one of the most visited locations in the world. Frank's New York is played at the end of the New Year's Eve ball drop in Times Square every year.

Morrissey has a small pocket of obsessed fans that simply wishes he was more than he ended up being...myself included. But I have at least one foot in reality and to believe more than what his contribution truly was to entertainment would be delusional.

I agree very much with this, but I would never consider Frank or Elvis to be "polished ken dolls".

Frank was a Hoboken Jersey boy. He was raised in a blue collar town, and had brushes with if not ties to the mafia throughout his life.

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, a backwoods, backwater town. Neither, like Morrissey, were born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

The difference is that Frank's and Elvis' impact on entertainment far dwarf that of Morrissey's. Men wanted to be their friend and women wanted to be with them when they were both in their prime and even after.

Graceland is one of the most visited locations in the world. Frank's New York is played at the end of the New Year's Eve ball drop in Times Square every year.

Morrissey has a small pocket of obsessed fans that simply wishes he was more than he ended up being...myself included. But I have at least one foot in reality and to believe more than what his contribution truly was to entertainment would be delusional.

Well, I'm not (delusional).. I think it's not possible to compare, exactly, because of the change in times and the flow of media etc. I don't think any artist today has the exact impact as them, I was making a relative evaluation. . There cannot be Sinatra or an Elvis. And actually Morrissey is as close as it gets to a real idol, leader, who makes real songs which says various things about the world.. seriously, responsibly and rebelliously.
Interesting to think about Sinatra and Elvis's background, I'm wondering about their public announcements throughout their careers and curious as to how they used the massive attention they were receiving. I just don't know enough about them. Just most of the popular songs and trivial knowledge.

Last edited:
Interesting to think about Sinatra and Elvis's background, I'm wondering about their public announcements throughout their careers and curious as to how they used the massive attention they were receiving. I just don't know enough of their material.

Well, I am an American, and old enough to at least be knowledgeable about each, but definitely no expert. Frank was a huge supporter of John F. Kennedy when he was running for president. Much like Morrissey he had his political side:

The difference is that Kennedy was universally loved, and Morrissey's political en devours are much more controversial...to say the least.

As for Elvis...well...at the end he received an anti-drugs badge (of all things) from our then President Richard Nixon:

Elvis-with-Nixon-006.jpg

For Elvis the do as I say not as I do worked for him in the world of public opinion.

All three have dipped their collective toes into the pool of politics...never really a good idea in my opinion.

Last edited:
Well, I am an American, and old enough to at least be knowledgeable about each, but definitely no expert. Frank was a huge supporter of John F. Kennedy when he was running for president. Much like Morrissey he had his political side:

The difference is that Kennedy was universally loved, and Morrissey's political en devours are much more controversial...to say the least.

As for Elvis...well...at the end he received an anti-drugs badge (of all things) from our then President Richard Nixon:

Elvis-with-Nixon-006.jpg

For Elvis the do as I say not as I do worked for him in the world of public opinion.

All three have dipped there collective toes into the pool of politics...never really a good idea in my opinion.

That's interesting, thank you. There's so much political confusion, these days, there's chaos, and people are afraid to admit that. The left is no longer left, the right is no longer right, exactly. So, to say that Morrissey's political opinions are such and such, as many people hastily do, is something I personally object to. There's so much evidence in his body of work of his high moral standards and humanistic, it's just heart breaking to see the extant in which his statements are so misunderstood and misinterpreted.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom