Santigold wears Morrissey shirt

American singer Santigold wearing Morrissey t-shirt:

44481_santigold.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A post by DavidT in 2010 re: an NME article:

"Speaking of the studio sessions, Santigold told Paste Magazine: "They're just, like, my band idols. Them and The Smiths. But DEVO, I made them pull out the red hats and pose for a picture."

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=10/01/11/1714231

Santigold: The Rebirth of Cool .
(2012).

"I used to listen to Nina Simone, and be like ‘wow, her voice is so unique’. I also loved Morrissey, The Cure and The Smiths. I loved that they had very monotone voices, I’ve always been into that. My vocals are very rhythmic and that’s something I got from artists like Sister Nancy or Sister Carol, these old reggae singers that are very nasally and similar to some African female voices."

http://cocoadiaries.com/interviews/santigold-the-rebirth-of-cool/

And a post in V magazine (August) this year:

SANTIGOLD HAS LEARNED THAT LESS IS MORE.

"One of my favorite songwriters of all time is Morrissey. He sings these beautiful melodies and they’re like, ‘I smoke because I’m hoping for an early death’. These concepts are dark and challenging and there’s some tough issues that I’m addressing.”

https://vmagazine.com/article/santigold-has-learned-that-less-is-more/

I've included all the above as I was unaware of this person until today.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Brave lady? Foolish lady? Glutton for punishment, scorn and ridicle? You can only wish her all the best in these challenging times. Not much more needs saying.

Never heard of the kid. I'm sure her music is bloody awful.
Actually, she's bloody marvellous with a lovely singing voice, if you could only break free of your bad habits gleaned from the Stormfront website, amongst other places. Writing off and dismissing others by their appearance alone, eh? So very definitively a trait, a forte and a major deficiency of yours.
Oh, yes. Weren't you the one that called Swedes "cucks" for not falling for alt-right scaremongering as easily as you do the other day? To use that pointless word displays yourself to be the embodiment of it in so many ways.
You're best ignored whenever you project your own inexperience for all to see. :)

Last edited:
Reckon she runs ball down at the Venice Beach courts when she is in Moz Angeles. I me reckon that is probably why Air Steve has listened to her music.

Never heard of the kid. I'm sure her music is bloody awful.
Some of her music is excellent. Top-notch production, as well. She quoted "What She Said".

She's young and should be forgiven for thinking that Morrissey had ANYTHING to do with writing the music that made that song a f***ing beast.

She's young and should be forgiven for thinking that Morrissey had ANYTHING to do with writing the music that made that song a f***ing beast.[/QUOTE]
She seems to be clear that she likes Morrisseys voice and the dark and challenging themes in his songs.
She knows what she likes, young and all as she is. Great to see his legacy continues its influence on another generation of discerning artists.

Some of her music is excellent. Top-notch production, as well. She quoted "What She Said".

She's young and should be forgiven for thinking that Morrissey had ANYTHING to do with writing the music that made that song a f***ing beast.

She's in her forties! She's not that young!

Why do we keep getting these posts every time someone wears a Morrissey t-shirt? It doesn't mean they're a fan.

It's been a long term trend among fashion pickers to choose retro band t-shirts for their clients.

Kevin Durant wore a Morrissey t-shirt. Do really you think he's blasting Last Of The Famous International Playboys before every game?

Why do we keep getting these posts every time someone wears a Morrissey t-shirt? It doesn't mean they're a fan.

It's been a long term trend among fashion pickers to choose retro band t-shirts for their clients.

Kevin Durant wore a Morrissey t-shirt. Do really you think he's blasting Last Of The Famous International Playboys before every game?

True, but in this case Santigold mentioned liking The Smiths/Morrissey in past interviews.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom