Santiago - Movistar Arena (Nov. 11, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / This Charming Man / Speedway / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / You'll Be Gone / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / Oboe Concerto / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / Will Never Marry / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by danieldwilliams, correction by YouTube concert video, link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi.

• Broadcast on Movistar TV - YouTube (songs missing) - link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi (original post).
  • Photos (27 total) by Rodrigo Ferrari / Fauna Producciones Facebook page. Link posted by Somehow still alive.

santiago2.jpg
  • Image posted by an anonymous person:

santiago1.jpg

Last edited:
Was "This Charming Man" played in the same style as it was in 2009/2011?

What a redundant question.

OBVIOUSLY they played the sh*t chug-rock version. Jesse Tabasco is still on guitar - he could never play it any other way.

I watched the video posted and I must say that How Soon Is Now absolutely spews chunks. How can Moz stand by and let his band destroy one of the Smiths masterpieces?

I watched the video posted and I must say that How Soon Is Now absolutely spews chunks. How can Moz stand by and let his band destroy one of the Smiths masterpieces?

Whatever your thoughts on WPINOYB (mine are that it should have never been released, and the lyrics beneath his brilliance), we are now left with top-heavy set lists from this record with only space for a few jewels from the past like EDILS, HSIN, Speedway, etc. He doesn't seem satisfied with dragging down the energy of the concerts with the new stuff...now he is allowing the dissection and destruction of crowd favorites. To what end?

Posters have commented that it is not necessary to play the songs live exactly as they were recorded...fine...but for the love of God, don't put them through the grinder until they are unrecognizable. We already know he doesn't value the opinion of his fans, but not to place at least some small value on the great music that was created FOR HIM is sad to say the least.

Whatever your thoughts on WPINOYB (mine are that it should have never been released, and the lyrics beneath his brilliance), we are now left with top-heavy set lists from this record with only space for a few jewels from the past like EDILS, HSIN, Speedway, etc. He doesn't seem satisfied with dragging down the energy of the concerts with the new stuff...now he is allowing the dissection and destruction of crowd favorites. To what end?

Posters have commented that it is not necessary to play the songs live exactly as they were recorded...fine...but for the love of God, don't put them through the grinder until they are unrecognizable. We already know he doesn't value the opinion of his fans, but not to place at least some small value on the great music that was created FOR HIM is sad to say the least.

I love World Peace and Moz's voice is spectacular on the entire album. I don't understand how you could wish it never happened. To me it is far superior to Refusal and half of Ringleader.

the lyrics on world peace are utterly silly. world peace, the bullfighter, im not a man, kiss me a lot have the appearance of being written in a few minutes.
'and the poor stay poor' it really is embarrasing.

I was at the concert, it was a tremendous setlist, very happy that day :D

I share this backdrop before the concert, it's Rocky Graziano?, knows who or what movie is this?
2w4aflz.jpg

Last edited:
I love World Peace and Moz's voice is spectacular on the entire album. I don't understand how you could wish it never happened. To me it is far superior to Refusal and half of Ringleader.

First, thank you for the reasonableness of your response. It is nice to have a civil discourse regarding his music. Well, for me, You are the Quarry was the last truly musically powerful, and lyrically strong album he released. Think back to when we were first introduced to "explosive kegs between my legs". This, from my perspective, was the beginning of the end of his lyrical prowess, and You Have Killed Me proved the end of the pop-inspired music that brought him chart placing songs (a concern of his to which we are constantly made aware.)

First of the Gang to Die, and Irish Blood, English Heart showcased everything I loved about his music. There was a sense of urgency...immediacy...to the lyrics and driving pop music that was toe tapping to say the least. That is the best way I can explain my feelings on the subject. The newer stuff holds none of this for me. We can agree to disagree and that is fine and probably how it should be. I still hold out hope that there is one more guitar driven pop-rock album left in him. But as Benny and others have pointed out, the current band line up are incapable of such a feat, because for the most part, regardless of how you feel about their ability to play their instruments, song writing is not their strong suit.

How many people who really were at the shows actually post their experience here? That's a honest question. I always search the post-show threads and can't find any. I always think "we just have 20 posts, I have to wait". But 2 days and 40 posts later (or sometimes hundred of posts later, when something non-musical happened or several posters get into a private fight) there are still no interesting posts. Meanwhile in the real world people usually had a great time at the concert and good time with friends and other fans. They share their joy on social media and it provides a totally different picture than here.

the lyrics on world peace are utterly silly. world peace, the bullfighter, im not a man, kiss me a lot have the appearance of being written in a few minutes.
'and the poor stay poor' it really is embarrasing.

This post is rude and annoying. If you don't like his music ,.move on!!! Seems everyone wants Morrissey to fix their life for them. What have you done for HIM lately????

i agree 100%, but his band's version of This Charming Man annoys me way more than their version of how soon is now. It's so awful

This post is rude and annoying. If you don't like his music ,.move on!!! Seems everyone wants Morrissey to fix their life for them. What have you done for HIM lately????

i bought the awful world peace cd which is more than what hes done for me.
i tried to return it but they would not accept returns since it was deleted so you could say moz stuck it to me.

I agree that his voice is excellent on world peace, but the songs off the album don't do much live. The songs off refusal & ringleader are more suited to live performances, pigsty is an absolute gem, I also liked I'm ok by myself live, shame its not played more often. I would also go as far as to say that Action is my middle name is better live than any world peace song. Only my opinion though!

I'm sorry to see that my favorite song "Everyday Is Like Sunday" has devolved into a plodding cluster-f***.

Sure has, personally don't mind the heavy version of Charming man, like 2009-11, but his latest version of First of the gang ain't for me, totally ruined that one, its meant to be powerful!

i bought the awful world peace cd which is more than what hes done for me.
i tried to return it but they would not accept returns since it was deleted so you could say moz stuck it to me.

Oh crap off. Morrissey did not stick it to you, he was booted by the label as you very well know.
If you want to hold someone responsible for that, write to Steve Barnett at Crapitol.

SSOB

First, thank you for the reasonableness of your response. It is nice to have a civil discourse regarding his music. Well, for me, You are the Quarry was the last truly musically powerful, and lyrically strong album he released. Think back to when we were first introduced to "explosive kegs between my legs". This, from my perspective, was the beginning of the end of his lyrical prowess, and You Have Killed Me proved the end of the pop-inspired music that brought him chart placing songs (a concern of his to which we are constantly made aware.)

First of the Gang to Die, and Irish Blood, English Heart showcased everything I loved about his music. There was a sense of urgency...immediacy...to the lyrics and driving pop music that was toe tapping to say the least. That is the best way I can explain my feelings on the subject. The newer stuff holds none of this for me. We can agree to disagree and that is fine and probably how it should be. I still hold out hope that there is one more guitar driven pop-rock album left in him. But as Benny and others have pointed out, the current band line up are incapable of such a feat, because for the most part, regardless of how you feel about their ability to play their instruments, song writing is not their strong suit.

I thank you ! ( evennow ) I thank you with all of my heart.

Yes there was an urgency to get your hands on it. When Quarry came out I was working away from home. I got my copy on the morning it came out from Woolworths and begged my Landlady* at the digs for a CD player and stayed in my room all night listening to it. (* thanks Angie )
I also share your hope for just one more passion-pounding-Mosterpiece but sadly this will never happen because I don't think he could handle having to work and bond with new people he's not familiar with and who would probably not show him the respect he thinks he's entitled to. Stubbornness has a lot to answer for.
If only Alan could help.

Thank you once again have a great weekend.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

You have a great weekend as well BTBB. Listening to Quarry the first time was an experience I will never forget. Execution exceeding anticipation by leaps and bounds. Luckily after the last few clunkers I didn't expect much out of WPINOYB and my expectations were met. I hope your "station in life" has improved enough to afford your own CD player but now there is no good new music to play on it. One day my friend...one day.

Could I say, I would love, a rush n a push or such a little thing, telling ya mozza! Ha

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom