Santa Fe, NM - Santa Fe Center (Nov. 19, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Maladjusted / Meat Is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / People Are The Same Everywhere / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / All The Lazy Dykes / Satellite Of Love / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

set list (scan) provided by "Live Through This" tumblr, link originally posted by Missis Nina at allyouneedismorrissey.com

Last edited:
He does look fat. Fat enough that he shouldn't be calling anyone else fat, but he does. She doesn't look fit or trim, either, in fact, quite ill, a product of pure laziness, but she does have some redeeming qualities, not many, well, one; youth. And that is all. It's sad that these kids have latched on to a movement that has long since died, at least, the real "goth" people have, years ago. All these types are now are wanna be hipsters and completely phony. It's a product of where she was brought up and a broken home. But I digress.

As far as Kuiper, he is Kuiper. No big mystery. He was revealing his gay side in his own sick and twisted way, but not to a real person, the coward that he is. Fact is, and mark my words, they won't last, the way he is. She will tire of catering to him, if she isn't already tired. She puts up with it now because she's desperate, totally desperate, the real world has set in and she's scared she won't find anyone.

You see, when he was banned in the forums, he went elsewhere as Scott and various other names, some had OBGYN attached to it and unleashed complete chaos there. Backstabbing people, making alliances and backstabbing people again and again and again. It was his only outlet because of the banning. He even created a mock public suicide in the chat on Christmas or New Years a few years back, but it only killed Scott, the character.

I don't find it funny that he traveled across the US to get laid, he's very disturbed and you know this already, along with him being desperate.

Point is, you're right. But so what? He is a fat closet case, but you were his friend, so what does that say about you? Maybe nothing, the internet is a weird place. The truth is, his arrogance and brains convinced him that he was really going to be something, but he hasn't amounted to anything. Just another psycho on the metro, poking fun at others. This is the definition of a complete loser. But they'll have their little fling for a while, they'll profess love and commitment, but it will most definitely end, she'll go crying back to Mah, which will set her pace for the rest of her days. Ahhhhh. She'll run back to Mah...and so on. The truth is, he's incapable of loving, in the end. Anyone that is so hateful and spews so much bitterness to his fellow man couldn't possibly love at the same time, it's impossible (even Morrissey knows this). He will turn the hate on her one day, she will be embarrassed and she will regret everything and I mean, everything. But, you are right, you were right, you are right. Then again, if she's as shallow as she appears, they could be a perfect match! I don't care either way.

Aaah, so he was the infamous Scott. Interesting. Thanks for info.

and yes, thank you 7.40 Anon for taking the time to write the review.

Aaah, so he was the infamous Scott. Interesting. Thanks for info.

and yes, thank you 7.40 Anon for taking the time to write the review.

Please ignore posts which are made at 12:33 / 12:49 / 4:48 / 5:30 / 6:26 / 10:06

These trolls used to fight in old chatroom. They are totally unreliable, only come here to destruct other users.

Please ignore posts which are made at 12:33 / 12:49 / 4:48 / 5:30 / 6:26 / 10:06

These trolls used to fight in old chatroom. They are totally unreliable, only come here to destruct other users.

Troll Post.

^Kewpie. You can tell by the excellent mastery of the English language.

Everyone on here is but a figment of their own imagination. They argue with themselves and ridicule themselves and yes they are themselves. There are maybe 5 actual people on this thread, unfortunately there are 12 different personalities. Send me a sign, sand are the same person everywhere all the time on here. Hoist me from the herd. Really it should be absurd. Sand are the same person all the time on here. Then our creator had to stumble and fall. Our creator had to make the biggest mistake of all. Send me a sign. Viva Hate equals Paul. Yes insanity can be classic in the Morrissey-solo way. It’s the same person talking to themselves on here every day. Mentally they are not fully there. Depressed and stressed they sit here talking to themselves with nowhere to go. We don’t know. We do. Pardon? Add on get a grip you are not in reality now go crazy. Now panic. Because you can’t cope with it, you get it. You are mentally unbalanced Party lines are boring and so is conference calling. I can’t find what I just wrote, this is insane,
Perhaps his next song might be an ode to this sad waste land where there are 60 messages or so on his concert thread with but 1 actual review, the rest just the ravings of the insane
So here's to the site you've torn out the heart of
Schizophrenics find yourself another web site to be part of
I want to eat the soil.

*waves at CG* :)

Kristeen's backdrop is a photo of the late French artist Niki de Saint Phalle. St. Phalle did a series of paintings called 'shooting paintings,' basically shooting a plaster canvas that encased bags of paint. At the time it was considered a radical feminist statement. She would sometimes perform these shootings as public performance art, and would recite feminist poems and writings inbetween the firings of the rifle. The final 'shooting painting' was made by her in 1963.

Example of a finished piece:

shootingpicture.jpg

Cool, thanks for working on a Sunday, Gretch! ;) (She's an art history librarian. :thumb:)

Thank you for the detailed review! They're so very rare on the main board these days.
Hope other people follow this lead and drown out the anonymous sludge with words about the live shows, especially since Morrissey seems to really have gotten his live mojo back.

Por favor!

WOW! So let's talk a bit about the show: Having seen The Pixies just 3 nights ago in the same venue--it was interesting to see the different crowd. Very mellow, cool crowd. Coming into the Convention Centre---a couple of of animal rights groups were set up and handing out info. Mozz had a poster for sale--the one of him in the bath --feet up towards the viewer. There were also many shirts, the one with the cat on his head, a younger shot with him looking skyward, the newer scrunched face gray haired Mozz shot and a few simple "Morrissey" only options.

The opener was a woman named Kristeen Young---up there with a synthesizer and a huge image of herself shot onto a large piece of fabric (in the image she has long dark braids and is pointing a rifle away from the viewer in black and white. She was sort of modern day attempt at Kate Bush meets Laurie Anderson (some will disagree). She ended---the house lights came up---an ice-cold Nut Brown Ale later --then bam! --the boys came on. Morrissey in blue jeans, a black and white bandana for a belt and a tightish v-neck black sweater. He looked pretty damn svelte---he came to the microphone and said "Hello Santa Fe!" I don't remember the exact order and missed one or two--but the majority of the setlist is:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Maladjusted / Meat Is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / All The Lazy Dykes / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

Along the way, he said things like. "It's Saturday in night in Santa Fe, what do you have to lose!?" He made the comment about the fresh mountain air killing him and later "At no other time could I use a good dose of pollution!" He talked about Obama--referring to him as "BO"--but I wasn't quite sure if he was endorsing Obama or putting him down.

Before "Meat is Murder"--he went into a talk about "ThanksKilling" and animal rights stuff. Even in liberal Santa Fe---the audience seemed a little silent to his remarks regarding vegetarianism etc. His rendition of Meat is Murder was quite rousing and affected in the chorus--more so than I can ever remember.

His band looked like they could all be related--all dark haired, smallish, same haircuts and demeanor--which is to say--the truly did their job backing up the Man--there was not alot of fanfare or solos---the lead came to the front a few times--but the music really focused Morrissey as one might expect---this band was MUCH better than previous iterations I have seen---all were wearing black and white t-shirts with the Art Hounds logo (right?) ---which was also en blazed on the kick drum. The band was tight--the keyboardist played a trumpet on a YOR song (very well)--the bass was pumping---both rhythm and lead guitarists were great. The drummer, too, was excellent---his kit included a HUGE gong and an other large sinew snare---they finished a few songs with the gong being wailed on until all other music was drowned out--not especially a tight finish, but interesting, nevertheless. Morrissey played a tambourine on one number. The sound guys were set up mid field in the crowd and he had two spotlight people high right and left. The sound was well arranged and balanced---much better than The Pixies this same week.

Mozz was really on--- no doubt. He was a bit winded at times (yes, Santa Fe is around 7 000 feet up) and sweating profusely under the can lights--mopping his brow and neck alot. He improvised lyrics a few times---once when a guy was being walked over the crowd with his arm stretched out to Morrissey and trying to reach the stage---Morrissey sang, "amigo, look at the brave amigo"---can't remember the exact song, sorry. Mozz touched many a hand during the performance and walked the stage edge to edge many times.

Before the encore--Still Ill--he came back on stage wearing a blue sort of chambray shirt---I'm thinking he bought 50 from Gap for the tour---at the end, in signature style---he stripped it and tossed it into the crowd and sort of danced off stage--turning a few times--then he was gone. The band threw their picks, sticks and something else---I almost got a stick...two guys actually made it onto stage--one embracing Mozz fully and kissing him---Mozz rolled with it and the guy was very gently taken off stage--they actually slowly lowered the guy back into the crowd.

So--this, I hope..... does a fair attempt at reviewing a really superb show--please forgive mistakes in spelling, order and/or grammar.

A good friend of mine handled the catering for the band --the guys had vegetable Mediterranean cous cous---Mozz apparently ate alone and needed the space prior to the show to himself for 15 minutes. Diva-tude present but not overwhelming.

Happy Holidays / Peace

I have a couple iPhone videos I might post later

WOW! So let's talk a bit about the show: Having seen The Pixies just 3 nights ago in the same venue--it was interesting to see the different crowd. Very mellow, cool crowd. Coming into the Convention Centre---a couple of of animal rights groups were set up and handing out info. Mozz had a poster for sale--the one of him in the bath --feet up towards the viewer. There were also many shirts, the one with the cat on his head, a younger shot with him looking skyward, the newer scrunched face gray haired Mozz shot and a few simple "Morrissey" only options.

The opener was a woman named Kristeen Young---up there with a synthesizer and a huge image of herself shot onto a large piece of fabric (in the image she has long dark braids and is pointing a rifle away from the viewer in black and white. She was sort of modern day attempt at Kate Bush meets Laurie Anderson (some will disagree). She ended---the house lights came up---an ice-cold Nut Brown Ale later --then bam! --the boys came on. Morrissey in blue jeans, a black and white bandana for a belt and a tightish v-neck black sweater. He looked pretty damn svelte---he came to the microphone and said "Hello Santa Fe!" I don't remember the exact order and missed one or two--but the majority of the setlist is:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Maladjusted / Meat Is Murder / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / All The Lazy Dykes / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over // Still Ill

Along the way, he said things like. "It's Saturday in night in Santa Fe, what do you have to lose!?" He made the comment about the fresh mountain air killing him and later "At no other time could I use a good dose of pollution!" He talked about Obama--referring to him as "BO"--but I wasn't quite sure if he was endorsing Obama or putting him down.

Before "Meat is Murder"--he went into a talk about "ThanksKilling" and animal rights stuff. Even in liberal Santa Fe---the audience seemed a little silent to his remarks regarding vegetarianism etc. His rendition of Meat is Murder was quite rousing and affected in the chorus--more so than I can ever remember.

His band looked like they could all be related--all dark haired, smallish, same haircuts and demeanor--which is to say--the truly did their job backing up the Man--there was not alot of fanfare or solos---the lead came to the front a few times--but the music really focused Morrissey as one might expect---this band was MUCH better than previous iterations I have seen---all were wearing black and white t-shirts with the Art Hounds logo (right?) ---which was also en blazed on the kick drum. The band was tight--the keyboardist played a trumpet on a YOR song (very well)--the bass was pumping---both rhythm and lead guitarists were great. The drummer, too, was excellent---his kit included a HUGE gong and an other large sinew snare---they finished a few songs with the gong being wailed on until all other music was drowned out--not especially a tight finish, but interesting, nevertheless. Morrissey played a tambourine on one number. The sound guys were set up mid field in the crowd and he had two spotlight people high right and left. The sound was well arranged and balanced---much better than The Pixies this same week.

Mozz was really on--- no doubt. He was a bit winded at times (yes, Santa Fe is around 7 000 feet up) and sweating profusely under the can lights--mopping his brow and neck alot. He improvised lyrics a few times---once when a guy was being walked over the crowd with his arm stretched out to Morrissey and trying to reach the stage---Morrissey sang, "amigo, look at the brave amigo"---can't remember the exact song, sorry. Mozz touched many a hand during the performance and walked the stage edge to edge many times.

Before the encore--Still Ill--he came back on stage wearing a blue sort of chambray shirt---I'm thinking he bought 50 from Gap for the tour---at the end, in signature style---he stripped it and tossed it into the crowd and sort of danced off stage--turning a few times--then he was gone. The band threw their picks, sticks and something else---I almost got a stick...two guys actually made it onto stage--one embracing Mozz fully and kissing him---Mozz rolled with it and the guy was very gently taken off stage--they actually slowly lowered the guy back into the crowd.

So--this, I hope..... does a fair attempt at reviewing a really superb show--please forgive mistakes in spelling, order and/or grammar.

A good friend of mine handled the catering for the band --the guys had vegetable Mediterranean cous cous---Mozz apparently ate alone and needed the space prior to the show to himself for 15 minutes. Diva-tude present but not overwhelming.

Happy Holidays / Peace

Thanks for being a rare intelligent and sane poster on here. Good post - actually interesting as well

Happy Holidays / Peace

Great Review! What the Pixies like?

Thanks to the ones that actually did a review of the shows. The real ones. Thank you.

Shelagh Delaney (25 November 1939 – 20 November 2011)

"A temperament capable of receiving, through an imaginative medium, and under imaginative conditions, new and beautiful impressions, is the only temperament that can appreciate a work of art." (Oscar Wilde)
Thank you Shelagh.
Goodbye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNuG6...eature=related

we'll let you know

My best gal and I took in the Santa Fe gig Saturday. While I'm not the best judge of the caliber of the show (I was running a fever by the time Moz took the stage), the one thing that struck me is how low key the gig was compared to his Albuquerque show in 2009. That's pretty much par of the course; the Santa Fe crowds tend to be more reserved, which was actually kind of nice, what with being sick and all.

The set list has been posted already so no need to go there, but I do want to say how freakin' awesome it was to hear Ouija Board live. One of my all-time fave Mozza tracks that sounded just superb on stage.

Compared to the previous gigs, it looks like they might have switched out Carol for First Of The Gang (shorthand, so don't get all uppity about "that's not the name of the songs, idiot.") Good choice. Refusal was a great album and so if he wants to play the whole album from start to finish I'll go to that gig.

I was a little disappointed with The Smiths songs he chose. Then again, he's not The Smiths, so it's good of him to play any of them at all. Here's to hoping he'll play I Started Something I Couldn't Finish live again in my lifetime.

The band looked and sounded great. Matching t-shirts, although I couldn't tell who the girl on the print was. Anyone?

I'm really bummed that it was Saturday that I got sick. Sure, it made it harder to enjoy the show, but what truly lags is I'd been emailing with Boz for the better part of the week and we'd set up to meet before the show to chat for a spell (I interviewed Boz a few years ago). I was hoping to pick his brain about the new Adam Ant album he's been working on. Anyway, I decided not to meet Boz for fear of getting him sick. He's got the better part of a tour to finish yet.

Still Ill saw the crowd at its most vigorous. Fans were attempting to jump from the barrier the four feet to the stage and were landing on their chests and stomachs hard on the edge of the stage. Only one guy made it on the stage by coming in from the side of the stage, in front of Boz, and across to Mozza.

Well, I'm going to go be ill now. Hey. Still Ill. How about that.

So nobody cares Smiths favourite Still Ill is back on the set list? Shame on you fans! Shame on you!

Great Review! What the Pixies like?

Greetings --I'm glad you liked the "WOW!" review and in regard to The Pixies show in Santa Fe the 16th. Not sure if this is the place --but quickly; The Pixies chose a number (6) of rather random venues "places they had never played before"---even though I saw Frank Black and Joey here 15 years ago. Anyway--places like Bakersfield, CA and Santa Cruz. It was their "Doolittle" Concert---whereby they throw down a few B sides--but other than that they stick to performing the Doolittle album in its exact order. They had an enormous pixel-based screen behind the stage and had spent ALOT of time creating vignette- like --snippety montages that went with the songs--sometimes even syncing up to chord changes and words. It was actually pretty campy and commercial. Going as far as using huge images of themselves looking around oddly and waving goodbye as the actual band took bows on stage --Talking Heads did it 25 years ago---this felt unoriginal. Kim Deal did 98% of the talking--sounding perky and perhaps a bit confused. Frank seemed grouchy and kept making a motion with his hand that suggested putting an oxygen mask to his face--even uttering something like "mabe its time for the oxygen mask..."The room was pretty packed -- nice sound overall--two large hanging speaker stacks, good light sequences and mucho "smoke"---serious bass tones. The music was very tight--some flubs on the singing/ harmonies. Lovering pulled off La-La Love You---which was a nice rendition--a bizarre sarcasm pervaded the singing---with the screen behind them overrun with hearts and arrows in crimson chasing each other (no bueno!). I have followed the band since they started and if I was to define this show / tour---it sort of smacked of lets get together and make some money before we no longer can. Anyway--sorry if this is off-topic.

Happy Holidays / PEACE!

Everything was great and stunning. Except for the bassist and drummer, I saw them both at Whole Foods and asked for there picture with me and declined. Thank god for Morrissey and Tebow...I should have never had asked.

Everything was great and stunning. Except for the bassist and drummer, I saw them both at Whole Foods and asked for there picture with me and declined. Thank god for Morrissey and Tebow...I should have never had asked.

really? they declined? what nasty arrogant nobodys they are! they're just another Morrissey drummer and bassist, they should be glad for some attention!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom