Santa Ana, CA - WWWY Festival (Apr. 8, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Suedehead / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kiss Me A Lot / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / Let Me Kiss You / You Have Killed Me / Judy Is A Punk

Setlist provvided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey, AFI, Cage the Elephant thrill fans at When We Were Young fest (2 photos) - The Orange County Register. Link posted by an anonymous person
  • Photo from: @andrewgomezphoto / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39860_santa_ana_wwwy.jpg

Last edited:
I like Everything on this Setlist... but I would like to see this... instead.

Encore 1 : Wonderful Woman & Tony The Pony
Encore 2: Swallow On My Neck & Break Up The Family

-Mozluv
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This is what I think could do well on this tour:

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Stop me…

One of our own

The more you ignore me…

Everyday Is Like Sunday

November

Headmaster

Late night…

My love life

Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Piccadilly palare

First Of The Gang To Die

Paint a vulgar picture

Jack The Ripper

I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

The Boy..

Please…I want

Life is a pigsty

How Soon Is Now?

(encore 1)

World peace…

This charming man

(encore 2)

Bigmouth

Hand in glove

A bit longer, yeah, but I don't think anyone would bother a 2 hour show, or would they? :blushing:
[/QUOTE]
I like these but gotta get rid of how soon is now,it's good just overplayed, pigsty for sure how about Art Hounds, last night I dreamt,Hhhhmmmmm just excited for next Friday..white Oaks

Nice setlist!
It could be improved though.

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Stop me…

One of our own

The more you ignore me…

Everyday Is Like Sunday

November

Headmaster

Late night…

My love life

Piccadilly palare

First Of The Gang To Die

Paint a vulgar picture

Jack The Ripper

The Boy..

Please…I want

Life is a pigsty

How Soon Is Now?

(encore 1)

World peace…

This charming man

(encore 2)

Bigmouth

Hand in glove

A bit longer, yeah, but I don't think anyone would bother a 2 hour show, or would they? :blushing:
These are all good/great songs on paper. The problem lies in that half of them don't translate well live...ala 'The More You Ignore Me...' and 'Bigmouth..' The current band can't handle these songs live, as evidenced by Earl's Court, etc; granted some of these are performed by Jesse or Alain. Alain came the closest, Jesse can't even get on the same block.

Second, not only do some not translate live well, but like the first point, the band just can't handle them. Has anyone heard 'Bigmouth...' or 'Headmaster...' anywhere near as good as played and directed under Marr?

The current band would be better sticking with songs they can perform. I like their versions of 'How Soon...', the original version of 'First of the Gang...', 'Meat is...'. The current band can also handle 'Shoplifters...' pretty well, let's just leave the politics out of it.

Two encores, two songs each? :) One can dream. This isn't Radiohead.

Have a good week all...

Two encores, two songs each? :) One can dream. This isn't Radiohead.

Have a good week all...

Thank God for that. Radiohead just played to the North of me tonight, and I was quite comfortable watching Feud (That Bette Davis/Joan Crawford miniseries) instead.

Any mention of the terrorist attacks in Stockholm?

I'm curious, what's Morrissey's stance on immigration? He's combative over Trumps plans to stop illegal immigration from Central America. But when his own Home Secretary at the time, now PM, announced huge changes to immigration polices to hinder legal immigration from countries like Australia, Canada, and the US not a peep out of him. Is he pandering to his Latino audience? Is it he believes in open borders for the US but closed borders to the UK? Or is this Anti Trump theme an attempt to get a visit from ICE so he can run to the newspapers and get some publicity out of it? But the reality is unless Morrissey gets disruptive on the 18th hole of the West Palm Beach Golf course wearing his Sammy Special eff Trump t shirt Trump won't give a cr*p. It's got to be real disruption, not just yelling Baba Booey either from the sidelines.

The Smiths used to play the exact same show every night. Morrissey at least is changing the order of the songs and introducing new or rare tracks every now and then. Who else dares to play their b-sides other than Morrissey? no one!
Aanyway, haters gonna hate, who cares!

Thank God for that. Radiohead just played to the North of me tonight, and I was quite comfortable watching Feud (That Bette Davis/Joan Crawford miniseries) instead.
Well, I guess you get what you deserve.

The Smiths used to play the exact same show every night. Morrissey at least is changing the order of the songs and introducing new or rare tracks every now and then. Who else dares to play their b-sides other than Morrissey? no one!
Aanyway, haters gonna hate, who cares!
Noel Gallagher plays b-sides regularly. Oasis, just like the Smiths, were renowned for the quality of their b-sides.

Do you people who get to see Morrissey every 8 years in hobbit towns in "the uk" South America, Serb, Ice Land, Wollybongagong 20,000 miles away from Moz Angeles and Chicago, Flint, and New York have anything better to do with your lives than bitch about the set list? It's not the Kickball World Championships month, so I guess you people outside of the USA have to work and it's not "snowing" in Chicago and New York so you people don't have an excuse not to go to work either. Get a life and stop going to Smiths and Morrissey "tribute band" concerts because Uncle Steve comes to your town only once in a blue moon.

Nice setlist!
It could be improved though.

Suedehead

Alma Matters

Stop me…

One of our own

The more you ignore me…

Everyday Is Like Sunday

November

Headmaster

Late night…

My love life

Piccadilly palare

First Of The Gang To Die

Paint a vulgar picture

Jack The Ripper

The Boy..

Please…I want

Life is a pigsty

How Soon Is Now?

(encore 1)

World peace…

This charming man

(encore 2)

Bigmouth

Hand in glove

how about ?

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Disappointed / Istanbul / Mute Witness / Sunny / Cemetery Gates / You Were Good In Your time /
How Soon Is Now / The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / Such A Little Thing Makes A Big Difference / Irish Blood English Heart / Tomorrow / Art Hounds / When I Last Spoke To Carol / Late Night, Maudlin Street / The Never Played Symphonies / Nobody Loves Us / Life Is A Pigsty / First Of The Gang To Die / Now My Heart Is Full / Suedehead / Moonriver

Does anyone know who got the shirt? I was in the wrestling for it and got hit punched and hit by security until they pulled it from my hands. A person in the tussle also decided to dig their nails into my hand so I would let go, and I walked away bleeding all over my hand. This is the first time I've seen someone walk away with the whole thing..

XVX

Why does he never say "Be good to your father" or at least "Be good to your parents"?

[video]

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom