Morrissey Central "SAN LUIS OBISPO" (May 13, 2022)

Img_2022_05_13_19_58_32~2.jpeg

Img_2022_05_13_19_59_12~2.jpeg

"every important face from the last forty years of my life … yes, forty years! … was there last night.
Now my heart has burst."

Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone think that starting off the shows with "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" is an obvious dig at one J. Marr of Wythenshawe?

Does anyone think that starting off the shows with "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful" is an obvious dig at one J. Marr of Wythenshawe?

First we would need to know if Morrissey still considers Marr a friend.

I'm more surprised 'Billy Budd' (which everyone seems convinced is about Marr) is on the setlist, considering the recent argie-bargie between the two.

I'm more surprised 'Billy Budd' (which everyone seems convinced is about Marr) is on the setlist, considering the recent argie-bargie between the two.

Maybe no one has convinced Morrissey it’s really about Marr?

I suspect that Alain proposed a handful of songs from 1991 / 1992 to bring back into the setlist and "We Hate It..." is the one Morrissey chose.

yeah. I imagine ‘Have a go..’ also. But not Our Frank! not yet at least.

Wasn't Morrissey already playing "Have-a-Go Merchant" before Alain came back? But yeah, I'll be very impressed (and pleased) if Alain can convince him to dip into Kill Uncle.

Yeah maybe. I can’t remember off the top.

Now with a keyboard player, some of those Uncle songs could really work, sound fuller than the live 91 interpretations.

I think Morrissey refers to all the faces that were there for him, even if they were not physically, for example his mother and etc, notice how he is looking towards the "sky" in the photo that I attach to the message....Es facil de interpretar !!

I thought it was surprising too.

Definitely.... and then following with Disappointed at one gig and Billy Budd at the next. Well it doesn't take a genius to know who he's addressing. EVEN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!

In fact the setlists from the two nights generally seems very personal. And all the better for it imo. I mean the inclusion of Little Man What Now for example is obviously self-deprecation of the highest order.

I get the feeling this tour is 1999-2002 revisited. Alas we are all older now.

Moz is full of emotions. That night it happened because in the first presentation he obtained many positive repercussions. We here in it. We just do not stop praising him and he knows it, on instagram and in all social networks the same thing happened, people saw a change and he feels very mixed emotions, and this year marks 40 years since they put together The Smiths, and for him that was very important, that's why he talks about 40.years.. Moz is doing catharsis and it's not bad

I don't like Moz wearing chains with crosses, I think he's Catholic and believes in Jesus.I also believe in Jesus, but not in the church, I believe in Jesus as a universal teacher, the cross represents torture, pain, suffering, and he came to teach principles.Jesus said at the Last Supper that everything he did we can do too and in greater quantity, that is, we can create whatever we want in our lives, if we have faith.That is why if we love Jesus we cannot remember him nailed to a bloody cross because he did not come to convey negative messages, but taught universal principles that relate to having positive thoughts to create or manifest positive results. So I prefer an image of the sacred heart that represents true Love and the union of all humanity. The topic is very long...

Wasn't Morrissey already playing "Have-a-Go Merchant" before Alain came back? But yeah, I'll be very impressed (and pleased) if Alain can convince him to dip into Kill Uncle.
He played ‘ Have-a-go’ in Norway in 2016, then dropped it from the setlist….., until this week. It’s nice to see him play some of Alain’s earlier compositions again.

The usual mockabillys with the quiff, shouting at him with arms outheld.
Arseholes.
that big latino guy does my nut right in,always at the front,does more grandstanding than an episode of grandstand.

Indeed. This guy uses people so long as they can make him money
take it you get up in the morning and go to work and dont expect to be paid at the end of the month,good for you keep it up.

Tags
tour 2022

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom