San Luis Obispo, CA - Fremont Theater (May 12, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Billy Budd / Disappointed / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Never Had No One Ever / Satan Rejected My Soul (aborted) / Knockabout World / I Am Veronica / How Soon Is Now? / The Loop / Little Man, What Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Suedehead / Have-A-Go Merchant / Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper // Let Me Kiss You / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
How do you view then, say, the Albigensian Crusade? Your so-called “broad interpretation” of the faith was insufficient, in the thirteenth century, to contain the vegetarian Cathar Christians under its tent. The massacre at Beziers appears rather “uptight” a response if you ask me.

They didn't want to be contained under the tent - they had their own power base.

I'm catholic and vegetarian, who eats the body and blood of Jesus, so that's enough meat for me.

I heard that some churches now serve the option of a mock-body and blood of christ that is vegetarian and vegan friendly.

But they haven’t found an alternative to gay therapy conversion that’s friendly for anyone.

They didn't want to be contained under the tent - they had their own power base.

True enough, but waging a war of extirpation against them seems an uptight response, to say the least. It is being said on here that Morrissey is a Catholic, and “how he practices is between him and God.” Why wasn’t the Church as generous toward the Cathars?

True enough, but waging a war of extirpation against them seems an uptight response, to say the least. It is being said on here that Morrissey is a Catholic, and “how he practices is between him and God.” Why wasn’t the Church as generous toward the Cathars?

They were fighting over money & power at a time when political power legitimised itself via the Church.

They were fighting over money & power at a time when political power legitimised itself via the Church.

It was doctrinal as well as political; it’s both/and, not either/or. The Church had a longstanding “zero tolerance” policy towards infidels. One of the propositions condemned in the bull that excommunicated Luther was that burning heretics was not the will of the Holy Spirit. The Catholic Church averred that it was.

Jesus, at any rate, had said his kingdom was not of this world, so it’s unclear why the aspect of temporal power was so important to the Church in the first place—but then, God is said to be ineffable, and his ways, mysterious.

It was doctrinal as well as political; it’s both/and, not either/or. The Church had a longstanding “zero tolerance” policy towards heretics. One of the propositions condemned in the bull that excommunicated Luther was that burning heretics was not the will of the Holy Spirit. The Catholic Church averred that it was.

Jesus, at any rate, had said his kingdom was not of this world, so it’s unclear why the aspect of temporal power was so important to the Church in the first place—but then, God is said to be ineffable, and his ways, mysterious.

The Church has hundreds of orders & Saints so that people can do things slightly differently. If you catastrophically fall out with the Pope you're in trouble, otherwise, no.

It’s just iconography and nostalgia and spiritual goo-goo.
That's all religion is in general, isn't it?
People believe whatever concoction of thoughts and ideas makes them feel content.

People believe whatever concoction of thoughts and ideas makes them feel content.

Nowadays, yes, but it used to be the case, particularly in hierarchical religions, that a creedal orthodoxy would be strictly enforced, sometimes under penalty of death. Morrissey with his crucifix can take comfort that those are bygone days. No court of hooded inquisitors will convene to judge him.

Nowadays, yes, but it used to be the case, particularly in hierarchical religions, that a creedal orthodoxy would be strictly enforced, sometimes under penalty of death. Morrissey with his crucifix can take comfort that those are bygone days.

No court of hooded inquisitors will convene to judge him.

The media in general has stepped in to fill that position nowadays.

Full How Soon is Now :

I heard that some churches now serve the option of a mock-body and blood of christ that is vegetarian and vegan friendly.

But they haven’t found an alternative to gay therapy conversion that’s friendly for anyone.
I think my parish offers gluten-free wafers, sadly we have since ceased the wine offering. (Boo!)

Oh, perhaps they should join the seminary. If nuns are the brides of Christ, priests could be Christ's bf.

Yes and I guess that serves its purpose and is good enough.

I have nothing against people that need a religion to bring order or reason to their life, as long as their beliefs don’t hinder or cause harm to others freedom and lives.

But while some belief systems are based on fact, others are built on make-believe. Though both are useful, I think it should still be made clear.

I I I I AM VERONICA 2nd ever

He looks very good in dark outfit :sunglasses:

Yes and I guess that serves its purpose and is good enough.

I have nothing against people that need a religion to bring order or reason to their life, as long as their beliefs don’t hinder or cause harm to others freedom and lives.

But while some belief systems are based on fact, others are built on make-believe. Though both are useful, I think it should still be made clear.
That's fair enough.

I think there is a tendency for discussions about religion to become a battleground of Believers v Atheists but there's a massive grey area in between, and I don't just mean 'cultural Catholics' and things like that. Some people want to believe and find that they can't, some people struggle with doubts, some people lose their faith. It's complicated and unique to each person.

It doesn’t really bother me if people want to believe in things like hell and papal infallibility and Jesus being of one substance with the Father. That’s up to them, and to each their own. I don’t think Morrissey believes in those things anyway. He may nevertheless consider himself Catholic, which only goes to show that being a Catholic these days consists of nothing more than considering yourself Catholic. It’s a latitudinarianism that renders it meaningless in terms of doctrine. It’s just iconography and nostalgia and spiritual goo-goo.

There are still some true believers around, of course (the conservatives and the Lefebvrists and whatnot) and these, I think, would be Morrissey’s ideological enemies. Certainly when it comes to things like a fondness for homoeroticism or an ethical opposition to the eating of animals.

It’s interesting though. Morrissey seems to believe in the power of many gods and not just one catholic god.

Below is a quote when he was asking fans of every faith to pray for his mother’s life ….

‘... to offer their prayers for Elizabeth - for she is all I have, and our collective pleas of petition might wake the sleeping gods.’

Last edited:
Sweet and Tender Invaders plus half naked Moz

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom