San Jose, CA - San Jose Event Center (July 25, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Kiss Me A Lot / Speedway / Ganglord / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / Scandinavia / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Will Never Marry / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far-Off Places // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by docinwestchester

Last edited:
I often browse this 'fan' site for Morrissey updates, and seldom post -- but does anyone have insight into Benny's mental illness? His bile is omnipresent on So Low. He comes across as truly pathetic, never funny, and ever ill-natured. If he weren't so vile I might even pity him. What drives a creature to such miserable depths?

Last edited:
nowhere in that article is it even insinuated that his barrets is his cancer.
those comments about him having not only barrets but pneumonia and other types of ailments read like divaism frankly.
to single out one of his 'many ailments' and make it the cause of his 'cancer' does not make it a legitimate prognosis.
moz has not specified what type of 'cancer' he has.

I agree, he has never said where he has cancer but he has said he has had cancer scrapings and told the world he has Barretts. With Barretts, you have regular scraping to see if pre cancerous cells or cancer have formed.

If i were a betting man I reckon this was what he was on about and he has made a bigger deal out of it to grab headlines.

My illness in my "fat f***ing mouth, is murder"
Old Stephen is losing his way,
KERRYGOLD is due for release and he hasn't even argued
with the c***ryfile record label yet!
Tut tut Stephen, the shows you so fancifully impose,
Are murder, but do you care do you care wih your cheese!

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I often browse this 'fan' site for Morrissey updates, and seldom post -- but does anyone have insight into Benny's mental illness? His bile is omnipresent on So Low. He comes across as truly pathetic, never funny, and ever ill-natured. If he weren't so vile I might even pity him. What drives a creature to such miserable depths?

It is certainly curious how persistent this poster is.

Does a person suffering from Barretts have respiratory infections and breathing difficulties and needs an inhaler and a nasal spray? Do you look like shit just from this regular tests even when they don't discover anything?

Does a person suffering from Barretts have respiratory infections and breathing difficulties and needs an inhaler and a nasal spray? Do you look like shit just from this regular tests even when they don't discover anything?

Barretts develops because of other things, mainly excess acid coming up burning the lining of your oesophagus over many years. If it comes up too far I suppose it could get into your lungs and cause breathing difficulties. Does he look like shit? He looks like he has slimmed down and I would assume thats due to the diet he will be on to help him avoid any further issues, he will also be on proton pump inhibitors which suppress any acid production.

Does a person suffering from Barretts have respiratory infections and breathing difficulties and needs an inhaler and a nasal spray?

Yes. Sometimes. To quote the New York Times:

"Asthma and GERD* often occur together. Some theories about the connection between GERD and asthma are:
Small amounts of stomach acid backing up into the esophagus can lead to changes in the immune system that trigger asthma.
Acid leaking from the lower esophagus stimulates the vagus nerves, which run through the gastrointestinal tract. These stimulated nerves cause the nearby airways in the lung to constrict, producing asthma symptoms.
Acid backup that reaches the mouth may be inhaled (aspirated) into the airways. Here, the acid triggers a reaction in the airways that causes asthma symptoms.
There is some evidence that asthma triggers GERD, but in patients who have both conditions, treating GERD does not appear to improve asthma.

Other Respiratory and Airway Conditions. Studies indicate an association between GERD and various upper respiratory problems that occur in the sinuses, ear and nasal passages, and airways of the lung. People with GERD appear to have an above-average risk for chronic bronchitis, chronic sinusitis, emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis (lung scarring), and recurrent pneumonia. If a person inhales fluid from the esophagus into the lungs, serious pneumonia can occur. It is not yet known whether treating GERD would also reduce the risk for these respiratory conditions."

*GERD= gastroesophageal reflux disease. Barrett's esophagus is considered a complication of GERD.

Last edited:
My illness in my "fat f***ing mouth, is murder"
Old Stephen is losing his way,
KERRYGOLD is due for release and he hasn't even argued
with the c***ryfile record label yet!
Tut tut Stephen, the shows you so fancifully impose,
Are murder, but do you care do you care wih your cheese!

Another one trying to be me eh !
Look if your gonna do it fine ! I don't care one way or another but you need to spell his name right it's a bit of a giveaway !
Kerrygold comes out late August details to follow soon, as I said before.

All you need is me ! Ha ha ha

Does he look like shit?
I was referring to the time before the US-tour 2014 broke down, not now. How does the cfs fit in this scenario (if it's true)? According to Moz he suffered from it for several years. I think it goes back as far as 2009 because if we assume that maybe Moz gave some subtle hints in his book then he mentions "I, too, subside into fatigue, and it is a fatigue I now feel every moment of my life." This was in 2009, and precicely the time when he became less energetic on stage (although still charismatic, of course). I don't know. I guess we will never know.

slimmed down? he is fatter than ever with a huge pupic he has to hide using those oversized clothes.

moz has suffered from just about every ailment under the sun. you just cant pick one and pretend thats the cause of his cancer.
if he is going to use a health issue to cancel a tour and have the promoter lose money and the fans left stranded then he has to work it dramatize his every so called ailment.

but this barrets thing is from several years ago and his claim to having cancer-he didnt say pre cancer he said cancer- was just a few months ago.

Yes. Sometimes. To quote the New York Times:

"Asthma and GERD* often occur together. Some theories about the connection between GERD and asthma are:
Small amounts of stomach acid backing up into the esophagus can lead to changes in the immune system that trigger asthma.
Acid leaking from the lower esophagus stimulates the vagus nerves, which run through the gastrointestinal tract. These stimulated nerves cause the nearby airways in the lung to constrict, producing asthma symptoms.
Acid backup that reaches the mouth may be inhaled (aspirated) into the airways. Here, the acid triggers a reaction in the airways that causes asthma symptoms.
There is some evidence that asthma triggers GERD, but in patients who have both conditions, treating GERD does not appear to improve asthma.

Other Respiratory and Airway Conditions. Studies indicate an association between GERD and various upper respiratory problems that occur in the sinuses, ear and nasal passages, and airways of the lung. People with GERD appear to have an above-average risk for chronic bronchitis, chronic sinusitis, emphysema, pulmonary fibrosis (lung scarring), and recurrent pneumonia. If a person inhales fluid from the esophagus into the lungs, serious pneumonia can occur. It is not yet known whether treating GERD would also reduce the risk for these respiratory conditions."

*GERD= gastroesophageal reflux disease. Barrett's esophagus is considered a complication of GERD.

at one time or another moz probably has had all those conditions only to cast them aside.

slimmed down? he is fatter than ever with a huge pupic he has to hide using those oversized clothes.

moz has suffered from just about every ailment under the sun. you just cant pick one and pretend thats the cause of his cancer.
if he is going to use a health issue to cancel a tour and have the promoter lose money and the fans left stranded then he has to work it dramatize his every so called ailment.

but this barrets thing is from several years ago and his claim to having cancer-he didnt say pre cancer he said cancer- was just a few months ago.
What tha hell is pre cancer? Morrissey has never Said he had cancer, the press went on a hyperbole spree. Morrissey Said that he had cancerous tissue scraped. Barretts is the most likely cause of this. What ever he has we should just be glad that he has it under control. A save and sound Morrissey is the most important thing. One thing is for sure he should not drink alcohol at all with his reflux related conditions. Or any fizzy drinks

Btw he is not fat you jerk, he is buff and beautiful

Last edited by a moderator:

He hasn't got cancer. Once you have Barretts it never goes away, there is no cure. You are put on a surveillance regime, where they take scrapings every 6 months or 2/3 years to check the status. As I said previously, there is a slightly increased chance that it will develop into cancer.

Your joking aren't you benny is a fountain of knowledge on things morrissey he knows his onions and has been around on here for years, I like him to be honest i bet morrissey does as well.

He's a plumber. Enough said.

Kill uncle had alot of great moments. I wonder why moz disliked it. East west alone is enough to forgive any lesser tracks in the kill uncle era. That song is Beautiful one of those song that will make you burst out in tears if he ever plays it life.

- - - Updated - - -

Im glad you are alright Love ;)

The cover song East West is not a track from the Kill Uncle era. It was originally a B-side to Ouija Board although I think they may have added it to the most recent remaster I'm not sure. Still wish he would play anything from the Kill Uncle album. For some reason I think he listened to music critics when it came to that album which surprises me cause it has always seemed like he would perform whatever songs he wanted at any given time. I think there is a personal element that we don't know about that was attached to this album that he wanted to forget about.

He hasn't got cancer. Once you have Barretts it never goes away, there is no cure. You are put on a surveillance regime, where they take scrapings every 6 months or 2/3 years to check the status. As I said previously, there is a slightly increased chance that it will develop into cancer.

i thought moz himself said that he did have cancer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom