San Jose, CA - San Jose Event Center (July 25, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Kiss Me A Lot / Speedway / Ganglord / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / Scandinavia / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Istanbul / The Bullfighter Dies / Will Never Marry / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far-Off Places // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by docinwestchester

Last edited:
Congratulations morrissey on completing a us tour

Yes well done Steven your attendance record this term has been exemplary.
Have you thought about using it for a statement on the TTY zine (could help shift those UK tickets that aren't movin)
I am going to honour you with a certificate and a wedge of your favourite, Dubliner cheese.
Why you haven't yet got yourself a recording contract beggars belief.
Keep up all the hard work you do endorsing things P E T A tell you to.
We are all so proud of you.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Absolutely, it should be pointed out that Morrissey is now 34-0 since Tilburg. It's an achievement and a victory, but not that it will be acclaimed much here.

SSOB

Completing a tour you have committed to is a basic requirement.

The show was AMAZING...he seemed very happy to be there, the crowd was Very into it from start to finish. I was pretty close so maybe that's why. Gustavo is BRILLIANT. He is such a vital part to the band. A few comments that I remember from Morrissey was before Scandinavia he said that people in Norway got upset about the song but some people have no sense of humor.
A highlight was the snippet he sang from Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye, sung acapella. Will Never Marry was great to hear live and the encore with Everyday Is Like Sunday was soooo good. Many people tried to get on stage but the meat head security were taking their jobs waaaaay to serious and just straight up bull rushing people attempting to get up on stage..shirt toss. Sadly for me there was no Now My Heart Is Full, I was really really hoping he would have that in the set.
A very tasteless moment outside, there were vendors selling bacon wrapped hot dogs...and yes there were heartless f***s buying some. Sad sad sad..
Other than that an all in all great night, Morrissey is a LEGEND!!!!

I love Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs - Meat is Delicious.

Completing a tour you have committed to is a basic requirement.

Stop trolling. You're missing the point. Obviously the context of having cancelled a number of dates on the previous tour (along with the issue of cancer treatments) is relevant here. Duh, we expect people to carry out their tour commitments; HOWEVER, people are HUMAN, and when they have recently had to cancel tour dates for illness, it is appropriate to celebrate their return to health and form.

Jesus, some people just cannot bring themselves to acknowledge anything positive or do anything other than bitch and criticize.

Steven now that the tour is over would you please return that shirt to the sailor at Fisherman wharf, ask your tailor to wear his glasses when hemming the boys pants, find a new barber and feed your security thug a banana.

I will send further instructions in the coming weeks.

Your new PA

Thanks Staar seed - Agree about Gustavo - and he was extremely well received in Speedway (during "siempre sera fiel a ti" I'll always be true to you he turns and holds his hand out to Moz) also the Spanish guitar solo at the end of Staircase was excellent.
The only other comment I can remember but can't recall which song it came before was when Moz said something like "this may look easy but it's really difficult" or something like that.
He passed the mic to I think he said Douglas - "did you have something to say" and Douglas thanked him for the past 2 weeks? and said we love you something like that.

As Doc or someone else I think pointed out there was a shout out to Julia / Yulia at the end.

I was hoping for Smiler but alas.

My highlights were also Harsh Truth snippet, WNM, WSS and Everyday. THe boy onstage at the end was great - lucky kid - and Moz said something like with the lyrics of EDILS "I am so glad you are here" to him.

THe place was packed. people standing behind the stadium seats. white gladioli thrown on stage on the first song that security quickly swiped up, person near me held up 2 bouquets of red roses what seemed like the whole time, several large Mexican flags, one "Morrissey" banner, one girl with a I heart Steven (?) poster, someone holding up a cloth doll - at least a half dozen kids one girl on her Dad's shoulders the whole time.

The show was AMAZING...he seemed very happy to be there, the crowd was Very into it from start to finish. I was pretty close so maybe that's why. Gustavo is BRILLIANT. He is such a vital part to the band. A few comments that I remember from Morrissey was before Scandinavia he said that people in Norway got upset about the song but some people have no sense of humor.
A highlight was the snippet he sang from Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye, sung acapella. Will Never Marry was great to hear live and the encore with Everyday Is Like Sunday was soooo good. Many people tried to get on stage but the meat head security were taking their jobs waaaaay to serious and just straight up bull rushing people attempting to get up on stage..shirt toss. Sadly for me there was no Now My Heart Is Full, I was really really hoping he would have that in the set.
A very tasteless moment outside, there were vendors selling bacon wrapped hot dogs...and yes there were heartless f***s buying some. Sad sad sad..
Other than that an all in all great night, Morrissey is a LEGEND!!!!

Stop trolling. You're missing the point. Obviously the context of having cancelled a number of dates on the previous tour (along with the issue of cancer treatments) is relevant here. Duh, we expect people to carry out their tour commitments; HOWEVER, people are HUMAN, and when they have recently had to cancel tour dates for illness, it is appropriate to celebrate their return to health and form.

Jesus, some people just cannot bring themselves to acknowledge anything positive or do anything other than bitch and criticize.

What cancer treatment?

He is a touring singer. Congratulating him for doing the very thing he is supposed to do is no different to you being congratulated by your boss for turning up to work each morning.

wow, a LOT of empty space in that arena.

The picture with the flag makes it look like there was empty space, but it was taken before the concert started. By the time it began, not only was the pit area full, but the seating areas on the sides (where I was, by chance with a good view of when they snapped the one with the flag) were practically full as well, so much so that quite a few people ended up standing near the back.

Overall it was a great show. Morrissey's voice was amazing. I sometimes felt the guitar amplification wasn't great, but maybe that's just me. The classical guitar solo in Staircase on the other hand had perfect acoustics, and seeing that played live was quite an experience. The crowd was very energetic all along and Morrissey looked happy too. Very happy I went and it sounded like other people felt the same.

The picture with the flag makes it look like there was empty space, but it was taken before the concert started. By the time it began, not only was the pit area full, but the seating areas on the sides (where I was, by chance with a good view of when they snapped the one with the flag) were practically full as well, so much so that quite a few people ended up standing near the back.

Overall it was a great show. Morrissey's voice was amazing. I sometimes felt the guitar amplification wasn't great, but maybe that's just me. The classical guitar solo in Staircase on the other hand had perfect acoustics, and seeing that played live was quite an experience. The crowd was very energetic all along and Morrissey looked happy too. Very happy I went and it sounded like other people felt the same.

The guitar amplification wasn't great eh ? Or is that polite talk to excuse Jessi's heavy handed muthass metal noise.
Johnny is a million times better, Jess would do better to take up the triangle or kazoo.

The ghost of Meat fed Wilson

What cancer treatment?

He is a touring singer. Congratulating him for doing the very thing he is supposed to do is no different to you being congratulated by your boss for turning up to work each morning.

You could also say " What cancer ? "
Why sow the seed in the first place ? What was the point in releasing information like that knowing full well that it would cause concern and upset amongst the cult and then suddenly turn mute on the matter.
He probably had a mole removed and was advised to stop being a lazy sunbather.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Great show! Completely packed out. I was in the pit a ways back but could see Moz pretty clearly. Crowd was awesome, lots of good energy. Lots of singing along To his set list. He seemed happy to be back in San Jose. The venue was more appropriate as far as capacity. I think San Jose Civic Auditorium holds maybe a third of what SJSU Event Center can, which is good for fans like myself. All in all, a very memorable night!! Thank you, Moz :)

Is there a link to the Periscope stream?

Unfortunately the user took down the link. It was a very distant shot, so you couldn't see much detail at all. But the audio was very good.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because an excellent audio recording has just been posted on DIME. If you don't know how to use torrents, I'll put the mp3's in the Downloads / Bootlegs forum.

Here's a sample:

Last edited by a moderator:
You could also say " What cancer ? "
Why sow the seed in the first place ? What was the point in releasing information like that knowing full well that it would cause concern and upset amongst the cult and then suddenly turn mute on the matter.
He probably had a mole removed and was advised to stop being a lazy sunbather.

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

He was diagnosed with Barretts a couple of years ago Benny. I also have this. There are 3 stages to this condition, Barretts itself is not cancer, the 2nd stage is pre cancerous cells and the 3rd is cancer itself. I have to have scrapings every 3 years, so I assume he has to have something similar. If its 2nd stage, the scrapings are every 6 months. Have no idea how bad Morrisseys is but it only turns nasty in a small percentage of people.

http://www.celebritydiagnosis.com/2014/10/morrisseys-battling-cancer/
http://www.barrettscampaign.org.uk/forum/printer_friendly_posts.asp?TID=1128

Last edited:
He was diagnosed with Barretts a couple of years ago Benny. I also have this. There are 3 stages to this condition, Barretts itself is not cancer, the 2nd stage is pre cancerous cells and the 3rd is cancer itself. I have to have scrapings every 3 years, so I assume he has to have something similar. If its 2nd stage, the scrapings are every 6 months. Have no idea how bad Morrisseys is but it only turns easy in a small percentage of people.

http://www.celebritydiagnosis.com/2014/10/morrisseys-battling-cancer/
http://www.barrettscampaign.org.uk/forum/printer_friendly_posts.asp?TID=1128
My boy is going strong. It's in the genes, he will be writing beautiful poetry in his 80s, sadly the bitter jealous detractors here wil be pushing up Daisy's, oh well, you never can tell, some go to heaven some go to hell! Well done Moz, your a grafter ❤️

My boy is going strong. It's in the genes, he will be writing beautiful poetry in his 80s, sadly the bitter jealous detractors here wil be pushing up Daisy's, oh well, you never can tell, some go to heaven some go to hell! Well done Moz, your a grafter ❤️

Indeed :) i won't let moz have it any other way. He will create beautiful poetry well in his 100s. Viva moz. Ill put a beretta to barretts disease head if it hurts moz

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom