San Jose, CA - City National Civic Auditorium (May 7, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / That's How People Grow Up / Ganglord / Speedway / I Have Forgiven Jesus / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Yes, I Am Blind / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / Meat Is Murder / First Of The Gang To Die / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The National Front Disco // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by !Viva Hate!

Merchandise image posted by !Viva Hate!:

Also posted by !Viva Hate!:

A few of the backdrops used:

Last edited:
Of the new tracks, I really like 'The Bullfighter Dies' most of all, jangly, melodic and to the point. Lovely melody.
'World Peace' has a good chord progression and melody and I think the studio recording will make it sound absolutely fantastic...I have some issues with some of the lyrics, a bit sixth form politics...'Each time you vote you support the process'....is not the most elegant line he's ever sung, but no doubt they will grow on me. The tempo is great, a bit different to some of his other stuff, variation is nice. I don't like Jessie's overdriven tone on absolutely everything they do.....I want more jangle and subtlety..

On a final note, I like the spanish guitars and the feel of 'Earth Is The Loneliest Planet'..in fact when it kicked in, the first line sounded rather similar to my 'acoustic demo' that I put on here...yes it was me and I feel a sense of guilt for misleading people. The point is, it took me about a minute to 'write' that excerpt and ten seconds to record it through the internal mic of my macbook, using a fender telecaster strummed acoustically and my voice wailing away. Some of the comments on here made me laugh so much my face hurt..particularly the insults towards my attempt! It was fun while it lasted though, thanks for all the input and comments.

I hope all the f***ing pseudo idiots that praised it as beautiful, stunning, and sooooo Morrissey have gone back into their shells and died. f***ing idiots. Blindly and shamelessly following their idol, rejoicing in everything he does. #f***ingmoronicarseholes

Bull fighter is a cracker. World peace is okay. Earth is the loneliest planet is a talky song and a bit of a duffer in my opinion.

Certainly feeling optimistic about the new album. Sounds miles better than YOR already but I hate YOR and much preffered Ring leader.

I half hoped his "follow up to Viva Hate" comment was an indication of the style of the album, but it seems to be a joke of sorts.

"Each time you vote you support the process." What a f***ing idiot he has become. Brand's influence has obviously been more significant than possibly could have been feared. Like Brand himself Morrissey seems to denounce democracy, as imperfect as it is, without putting forward an alternative.

I suppose "The rich must profit and get richer / And the poor must stay poor." is Morrissey's version of "Imagine no possessions." just exchanging an agreeable Ascot pile with an LA mansion. I'm not sure if I could walk past a merchandising stall selling shirts at $35 a pop and then stand in an auditorium being told by the richest person in the room that the system doesn't work, without heckling. He's become a gobsmacking hypocrite.

Musically WPINOYB is a plod. The vocal hook is OK, but the lyric is childlike in its naivety. Perhaps it will grow in stature when the studio version is released. A worrying taste of things to come. These are nervous times. He needs a return to form, and as an early indicator this is not very promising.

Jonny Barleycorn, why do you bother? Nobody here (apart from the two or three other trolls) could care less about your endless sneering. Moz could discover a cure for AIDS and you'd be attacking him because it's not a cure for cancer. The huge irony that seems sadly lost on you is that you have become precisely the predictable, tired, repetitive, self-parody that you continually accuse Morrissey of becoming.

Bull Fighter is definitely worth releasing as a follow up to Viva Hate as it has the same style. I'm not sure about the others though, although I do like "World Peace".

From the clips I've seen he really does try and sing "National" to the best of his ability too, but its a shame those high notes are a struggle for him now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the spanish guitars and the feel of 'Earth Is The Loneliest Planet'..in fact when it kicked in, the first line sounded rather similar to my 'acoustic demo' that I put on here...yes it was me and I feel a sense of guilt for misleading people. The point is, it took me about a minute to 'write' that excerpt and ten seconds to record it through the internal mic of my macbook, using a fender telecaster strummed acoustically and my voice wailing away. Some of the comments on here made me laugh so much my face hurt..particularly the insults towards my attempt! It was fun while it lasted though, thanks for all the input and comments.

No need to apologise - anyone who could tell it wasn't Morrissey is a tone-deaf prat and deserves to be made to look like a fool - to whit:
http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/201...th-is-the-loneliest-planet-hits-the-internets

From one Erik to another (well almost) I agree 100%. As a huge fan since 1987 - this is just getting kind of ridiculous.
These songs are atrocicious. I was SO hoping to be moved even just an inch. He honestly has not had a song that has
given me any hint of magic since 2004. I know I know - I'm so mean and wrong. But you know it's true..

"World Peace" is nothing more than a turd. The lyrics and music sound like they were written by a child. And not a very gifted child, I might add. "Bullfighter" is standard Morrissey filler and "Earth" reminds me of the Macarena. And not in a good way.

If these songs are the "gems" he has created over the last couple of years, then his carreer is truly over.

Pop musics answer to Fred Dibnah trapped in yesteryear, everyday is like Groundhog Day !
"It's cracking, it's going, did yer like that" !

God,I must be hard to please these days, what is wrong with me ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The Bullfighter dies and nobody cries, we all want the bull to survive.

What a return to form!

This is exactly it. On the new songs I was a little struck, and worried, by the sheer immaturity of the lyric writing.

Knew this would put smile on my face at lunchtime
Morrissey solo bingo
"The set list is poor when he's got so much to choose from"
"This could be his last tour"
"The new songs aren't very good"

My impression is a lot of people on here want him to fail etc
Not had chance to listen to any of the new stuff yet but will do so later - will really be able to only judge these though in context of whole album

Looked decent enough set to me - yes there are couple I perhaps would move on - but if he played Queen is Dead or Vauxhall in full there are people who'd moan he was clinging to past

Only wish I could be in States for one of these dates - fingers crossed UK ones will come soon

Full versions of WPINYB songs:

-World Peace is None of Your…: www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDsF-6-b0dg

-Earth is the Loneliest Planet: www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2jHl2LTFYg

-The Bullfighter Dies: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1TY9jGY7A

Apologies if these have been posted already.

Listening to them is so much different. This album is going to be amazing. Of the three my favorite is Earth is the Lonliest planet. World peace is gorgeous and brooding and has some complicated shit going on that sounds garbled here. I can't wait to hear it.

(On a side note Yes I Am Blind will destroy me. :tears:)

I was SO hoping to be moved even just an inch.

I know how you feel. I am longtime fan as well. I was also hoping to be moved, but the only thing these new songs helped move were my bowels.

I so hope lykke li will support moz one day,she is so amazing

Jesus Christ, Tobias looks so angry after the small stage invasion. Is he angry with the security or the fans?

Truth hurts sometimes Ryan. But - IT IS THE TRUTH

Oh, it's the truth. Didn't realize. My bad. I completely agree with you now I know it's the truth.

He's seen far worse scrums than that. The plodding intro to One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell did Walker no favors.

I'll reserve judgment on the new songs till I hear studio versions, but the lyrical pithiness of the title track made me grind my teeth a little. Points for resurrecting Yes, I Am Blind.

Points for resurrecting Yes, I Am Blind.

Yes...the band even managed to play it very well! I hope he does "Will Never Marry" later in the year. More Bona Drag please!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom