San Jose, CA - City National Civic Auditorium (May 7, 2014) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, May 8, 2014.

By davidt on May 8, 2014 at 6:30 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / That's How People Grow Up / Ganglord / Speedway / I Have Forgiven Jesus / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Yes, I Am Blind / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / Meat Is Murder / First Of The Gang To Die / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The National Front Disco // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by !Viva Hate!

Merchandise image posted by !Viva Hate!:

[​IMG]

Also posted by !Viva Hate!:

A few of the backdrops used:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour archive (read-only)' started by davidt, May 8, 2014.

1. Guernie
      Guernie
      Did anyone try to hug / get on stage like the 2nd or 3rd song into the show or was it just the mad frenzy at the end ? Is "Earth is the lonelist Planet " a fast song ?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the information Compadre .
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No, he did not sing a line from a Smiths song during the middle of Speedway. There was a long pause, and it seemed as if he was going to, but didn't. I will post the video on YouTube soon.
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Sorry but a little vague.
      How on earth do you judge the difference between people not knowing a new songs and people not liking a new song?
    4. neonmad
      neonmad
      Well, that was just a joke (although he may have had us going for a minute there :o).
    5. Librarian On Fire
      Librarian On Fire
      To have a follow-up to "Viva Hate" is splendid news. The gig sounds fantastic. Reading between the lines I would say that we could be
      witnessing Morrissey's last year of touring.
    6. Viva Mozza
      Viva Mozza
      Great setlist, far better than expected
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Oh dear - a 6/10 for the setlist. It's hugely depressing that he's reintroduced one of the contenders for his worst ever single (That's how people grow up), and other more recent duff stuff (Youngest most loved). Utterly sick of Meat is Murder (musically, it was never even that good in the first place) and National Front Disco just leaves a nasty taste in the mouth after his idiotic comments about immigration. Ganglord has a decent tune but ruined by a clumsy lyric. Great to hear Asleep, Trouble, and I Know It's Going to Happen though, and let's hope those new ones are at least half decent.
    8. neonmad
      neonmad
      It seemed like a lot of people up front were reluctant to accept that it was really over.
    9. Emil
      Emil
    10. neonmad
      neonmad
      I remember it having a pretty part somewhere near the middle or so.:D The shortness of Bullfighter was a surprise; it did work well.
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Thanks Emil. The music sounds ok but the lyrics sound pretty awful.
      Lots of clumsy schoolboy social comment about not voting, and governments being out to get you.
      Oh dear!
    12. Mozzersmandan
      Mozzersmandan
    13. Orson Swells
      Orson Swells
      Thanks! After one listen, I like it... now I'll wait for the studio version to land.

I'm old enough to remember the same thing happening to Jack The Ripper...
    14. Martin
      Martin
      Thanks very much! After reading of the icey reception I was kinda expecting the worst. But I actually like it! Beautiful vocal melody!
    15. Martin
    16. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Last edited: May 8, 2014
    17. Martin
    18. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
    19. Martin
      Martin
      Haha! Yep. Instantly proves that the "demo" WASN'T a poor piss-take :D
    20. Eric Hartman
      Eric Hartman
      "World Peace" is nothing more than a turd. The lyrics and music sound like they were written by a child. And not a very gifted child, I might add. "Bullfighter" is standard Morrissey filler and "Earth" reminds me of the Macarena. And not in a good way.

If these songs are the "gems" he has created over the last couple of years, then his carreer is truly over.