San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; rescheduled for May 1

UPDATE 3:05PM PT:

An anonymous person posted the rescheduled date (May 1) from The Regency Ballroom / Twitter:

@RegencyBallroom
tonight's show with Morrissey has been RESCHEDULED for May 1st. hold on to your tickets as they will be honored for the new date.

UPDATE 5:00 PM PT:

Posted on the Official Morrissey Facebook page:

Due to Morrissey's medical condition, tonight's engagement at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco will need to be rescheduled and will now take place on May 1. All tickets previously purchased for the Regency Ballroom show will be honored on the new date.

Press release
- true-to-you.net

San Francisco Regency Ballroom (tonight, Saturday) will not take place due to Morrissey's ongoing medical condition. The show in Mexico City (next week) remains scheduled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; resched

It does take a lot of mental and physical energy. I see where you're coming from. I'm getting ready to perform tonight (I know Morrissey hates the word) for three to four hours straight. I did it last night and I was completely exhausted by the end. It's not just a matter of hopping up there, singing some songs, and then off to take a shower and then bed. It's very intense.

I hope he's feeling better soon.

Do you sing? :sweet: I love when people have a secret cool talent.

Re: Article: San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; resched

We have all had to deal with this disappointment at one time or another, but finally getting to see him negates that disappointment exponentially. Morrissey is like the worst boyfriend you could ever have: he can be rude, sullen, disconnected, arrogant, and downright nasty. He does not show up when expected, or if he does, he is often in a foul mood, as if he cannot wait to leave. He is the kind of boyfriend who turns up drunk at your door at 3:00 am, denies that he has been f***ing your best friend, even though he has, insists on having sex, demands that you make him breakfast, then falls asleep. However, there is something so magical about him that you are willing to take what you can get. That "bad boy" behavior is part of the allure of Morrissey, and I will follow him until the end. For those of you who attack people for being blind followers, remember that this is a choice that we are making; and if you do not wish to do the same, then by all means, stop following him. According to Milton, we all have free will.

Just wanted to add that as you all know, Portland was a reschedule from November so I was here back then. Fortunately for me though, my brother and his family live here so I didn't have to shell out for accommodations. I was truly worried to see if this concert was going to happen, since a bleeding ulcer isn't just a cold type illness. The other thing I wanted to say is that he truly seemed thankful to the fans that were there. He thanked the crowd multiple times and seemed pleased people came out to see him again. "Who here has seen me in Portland before?" Some cheered and he replied something akin to "Why did you come back?!" with a wry smile of course! : )

We have all had to deal with this disappointment at one time or another, but finally getting to see him negates that disappointment exponentially. Morrissey is like the worst boyfriend you could ever have: he can be rude, sullen, disconnected, arrogant, and downright nasty. He does not show up when expected, or if he does, he is often in a foul mood, as if he cannot wait to leave. He is the kind of boyfriend who turns up drunk at your door at 3:00 am, denies that he has been f***ing your best friend, even though he has, insists on having sex, demands that you make him breakfast, then falls asleep. However, there is something so magical about him that you are willing to take what you can get. That "bad boy" behavior is part of the allure of Morrissey, and I will follow him until the end. For those of you who attack people for being blind followers, remember that this is a choice that we are making; and if you do not wish to do the same, then by all means, stop following him. According to Milton, we all have free will.

Ahh...the love for an eclectic person. It's not blind...it's unconditional.

Why do people travel to see Moz? He tours so much, all you have to do is sit tight and he'll stop by. I do not go to Moz, I let him come to me. Even then, if I don't win tickets, I don't go. Moz isn't going to take time out of his schedule to spend time with me and that's what I really want. I don't need to see him sing songs I can listen to whenever I want. People who travel to see him must be beneficiaries of the one-percenters and have no responsibilities. Must be nice. But then, all you are doing is seeing Moz again. You're not taking a resort vacation. You can listen to his music anytime you want. The songs are DAMN GOOD and those who say otherwise and complain when he cancels a show look stoopid.

Your paranoia is worthy of a Tea Party operative.

For those who shell out the big bucks to travel to see Moz, this sucks.

I'm awaiting the third Flint date. If it's cancelled of course I'll be disappointed but that pales in comparison to ANYONE'S health. I saw Morrissey in Pittsburgh and Columbus right before all this went down and he put on a great show. I think he's much more of a trooper than anyone gives him credit for. A bleeding ulcer doesn't leave you anemic in just one day.

When I was in the Army, we would put in paperwork for Leave- holiday/vacation. As little Privates, we would hound the Platoon Sergeant, "Has my leave been approved?" and he would say, "You know your leave has been approved when you've come back from it!"
So, when asking, "Is Moz going to play such-n-such concert on such-n-such date?" The answer is: "You'll know when you've posted your post-show remarks!"
Lighten up!

I'm worried about Morrissey. Do you mean that you think this cancellation is largely due to more of a cold like sickness rather than the ongoing illness that he's been going through? I just hope it isn't complications from the ulcer (bleeding again) or trouble coming from the condition of his esophagus. :(

In Seattle and Portland, his voice was great! Damn, the man can sing. And he was in a good mood, but the pit crowd was not really active in Seattle. He asked if they were just going to stand there.... And in Portland there were pockets of empty space due to seating configurement. I think this annoyed him, as he told crowd to come closer and waft in his lovely cologne. They did, and were eventually, each and every one, manhandled away by local security beefs.

I noticed in Portland, though, that he was pale again and that he was having problems catching his breath after singing. This was more noticable while speaking to the crowd a few times. At one point, he was standing on the drum kit stage (on Solomon's side) with back to audience during vocal break in song, and he kept rubbing his temples and eyes with both hands. He was kind of looking around. I got concerned when Boz (still playing guitar) even walked over real close to M and watched him intently for a bit-- not a good place to pass out at. The stage lights really seemed to be mucking with his vision. He kept squinting, opening/closing eyes and rubbing his forehead. The stage lights also did not seem as epileptic-seizure-causing as normal, i.e. toned down a bit. (interestingly, people who have sustained severe concussions are more prone to developing epilepsy within a 5 year period following the occurrence).

He also bent over a few times at waist (with knees hardly bent) with arms tucked across his stomach and with his back to audience, not his usual crouch down on knees.

While introducing the band in Portland, he started with Gustavo, and the crowd yelled and clapped, then M said something, which got him off topic, and when he came back to introductions, he introduced Gustavo again (without a smirk, or jokey comment).... Everyone clapped, again, but kind of strange.

He also coughed a couple of times in Seattle inbetween songs, and during PPP. In Portland, he just seemed feverish and light-headed at best. At worst, add on the ulcer acting up and/or major stomach/gastric acid erupting into his esophagus inflaming all surrounding tissue again.

Glad he is putting his health first, and since he gives it his all at every venue stop, it is a good thing he lives in the present, one day at a time. Come what may. And may life right itself for him. (Of course, not much help to the SF crowd, and other cancelled/rescheduled stops, but if you can hold on, it is a real good ride).

When I was in the Army, we would put in paperwork for Leave- holiday/vacation. As little Privates, we would hound the Platoon Sergeant, "Has my leave been approved?" and he would say, "You know your leave has been approved when you've come back from it!"
So, when asking, "Is Moz going to play such-n-such concert on such-n-such date?" The answer is: "You'll know when you've posted your post-show remarks!"
Lighten up!

Francis

It's probably worth bearing in mind that his health condition affects his esophagus, and that as a professional singer this will have consequences.

If he had flu or something similar he could move on when it cleared up, but with this he will probably be advised by medical staff to avoid straining the parts which need to be given a rest at certain times.

It's annoying when cancellations are announced, but if he has been diagnosed with something like this then it's going to be inevitable, whatever his past and however disappointed we feel about it.

This condition can turn seriously nasty, as in fatal, so it's probably worth giving him the benefit of the doubt while there's any uncertainty. Hopefully when he's well we'll see him on stage again, but don't take anything too much for granted. Everyone's health overrides everything else and it's just a sad fact of life

It's probably worth bearing in mind that his health condition affects his esophagus, and that as a professional singer this will have consequences.

If he had flu or something similar he could move on when it cleared up, but with this he will probably be advised by medical staff to avoid straining the parts which need to be given a rest at certain times.

It's annoying when cancellations are announced, but if he has been diagnosed with something like this then it's going to be inevitable, whatever his past and however disappointed we feel about it.

This condition can turn seriously nasty, as in fatal, so it's probably worth giving him the benefit of the doubt while there's any uncertainty. Hopefully when he's well we'll see him on stage again, but don't take anything too much for granted. Everyone's health overrides everything else and it's just a sad fact of life

Agree 100%~

In Seattle and Portland, his voice was great! Damn, the man can sing. And he was in a good mood, but the pit crowd was not really active in Seattle. He asked if they were just going to stand there.... And in Portland there were pockets of empty space due to seating configurement. I think this annoyed him, as he told crowd to come closer and waft in his lovely cologne. They did, and were eventually, each and every one, manhandled away by local security beefs.

I noticed in Portland, though, that he was pale again and that he was having problems catching his breath after singing. This was more noticable while speaking to the crowd a few times. At one point, he was standing on the drum kit stage (on Solomon's side) with back to audience during vocal break in song, and he kept rubbing his temples and eyes with both hands. He was kind of looking around. I got concerned when Boz (still playing guitar) even walked over real close to M and watched him intently for a bit-- not a good place to pass out at. The stage lights really seemed to be mucking with his vision. He kept squinting, opening/closing eyes and rubbing his forehead. The stage lights also did not seem as epileptic-seizure-causing as normal, i.e. toned down a bit. (interestingly, people who have sustained severe concussions are more prone to developing epilepsy within a 5 year period following the occurrence).

He also bent over a few times at waist (with knees hardly bent) with arms tucked across his stomach and with his back to audience, not his usual crouch down on knees.

While introducing the band in Portland, he started with Gustavo, and the crowd yelled and clapped, then M said something, which got him off topic, and when he came back to introductions, he introduced Gustavo again (without a smirk, or jokey comment).... Everyone clapped, again, but kind of strange.

He also coughed a couple of times in Seattle inbetween songs, and during PPP. In Portland, he just seemed feverish and light-headed at best. At worst, add on the ulcer acting up and/or major stomach/gastric acid erupting into his esophagus inflaming all surrounding tissue again.

Glad he is putting his health first, and since he gives it his all at every venue stop, it is a good thing he lives in the present, one day at a time. Come what may. And may life right itself for him. (Of course, not much help to the SF crowd, and other cancelled/rescheduled stops, but if you can hold on, it is a real good ride).

Very well put, I did not notice this as much in Davis. He always give the eyebrow raises and squints, but you sound as if you could tell he was off.

As I was in the throws of the bug I caught, with my throat raw and sore, I thought "how in the hell could anyone sing or peform for 90 mins, impossible." People make it sound as if you just jump on stage and belt it out for over an hour and a hlaf, no problem. They need to get a clue. I often conduct meetings for my team at work, over 60mins or so, and it is mentally "draining."

Love your observations, good work~

Very well put, I did not notice this as much in Davis. He always give the eyebrow raises and squints, but you sound as if you could tell he was off.

As I was in the throws of the bug I caught, with my throat raw and sore, I thought "how in the hell could anyone sing or peform for 90 mins, impossible." People make it sound as if you just jump on stage and belt it out for over an hour and a hlaf, no problem. They need to get a clue. I often conduct meetings for my team at work, over 60mins or so, and it is mentally "draining."

Love your observations, good work~

The bottom line is the bonehead needs to step away from touring for awhile and get his health back to where it should be. I am not trying to be callous here, but remember, he is not out there singing for free. He is not out there doing charity work. He is putting on a show--and one that people are paying high prices to see.

So, he needs to either put on a good show or take a break until he can.

No, I am not being cold or uncaring; I am just stating a fact of economics, and all of the lemmings and blue rose lovers out there can head over to the TRB and fawn at his feet. Think for yourselves for once.

Just don't drink the kool aid.

I've been in the camp since 1985...I drink plenty of tea. I'm also not afraid to read the "forbidden text". Some refer to it as "Morrissey & Marr: The Severed Alliance", I like to think of it as "revelations".

I'd never buy a ticket to his show there. I wouldn't count on the make-up show coming off, either.

When you cancel a show you should be required by law to issue refunds and not give the artist the choice to reschedule. We're talking about a lot of money that's being invested, probably to do horrible things like pump oil, mine diamonds, build a factory farm, probably not going into solar power research or animal rights because it's just sitting in an account. Does he get paid before he does the show? I assume he does not and it is whatever bank that holds the account that determines how it is invested.

The other thing about holding the cash is that then the promoter doesn't have to advertise the show again and all those other costs that would come about if the whole thing had to be done twice. They save money but fans wind up with tickets they can't use because they had to make arrangements to attend.

If you aren't rich don't travel to see Morrissey.

I've been in the camp since 1985...I drink plenty of tea. I'm also not afraid to read the "forbidden text". Some refer to it as "Morrissey & Marr: The Severed Alliance", I like to think of it as "revelations".

Say hi to Jimmy for me.

Morrissey, Get Well Soon! Many of us love you and your work.

Thank you for your response. Sounds like he was having a tough night... :(

I saw him at Staples. HHigh, and Davis. However, after the Davis show, in fact early Tuesday in the AM (3) I woke up with my throat so sore and a bad cough. Bottom line, I picked up a nasty bug (bacterial throat infection) from someone over the 3 day tour weekend. I rarely get ill, so I was surprised, had to get on a Z-Pac med, it knocked it out pretty well, but boy did that little bug kick my arse from about 3 days. This not a "bug" the flu shot would have prevented.

My point, look at how many people Moz is exposed to at a show, shaking hands, heavy breathing, stage invaders. I remember awhile back where he mentioned that the doc's asked him to not interact with the crowd so much for risk of catching so many nasty bugs (viruses). Now put on top of the interaction, the man recovering from all his health related situations over the last 2mths and the fact that he probably has a low immune system right now (aneminc?) and it;s no wonder SF got canceled, it really could have been anywhere, but it just happend to be SF.

I feel sorry for the SF fans, 3 times really hurts. One thing I rarely, maybe have never seen, is an exact date for the reschedule announced the day of the cancelation, so that is encouraging. I've spent many a dollar travelling to see the man and have had mulitple shows canceled on me and dollars lost, or spent rather, without the show going on.

I'm not an apologist, I've often wondered why he does some of the things he does and questioned some of his decisions, but as he states in Alma Matter "who asked you anyway, it's my life to ruin my own way."

This time, he's sick, I got sick from one of the shows, I'm sure many others here did as well but are just not saying anything.

Honestly, he looked in fit fighting shape at all 3 shows, voice is stronger than ever, he's doing "very well." I just think he needs to shake this bug, there's a good break before Mex and then a good break after Mex and get on with it for the rest of the US leg. Hopefully he take a little break after SF in late March/early April and schedule some more shows in SO Cal before heading off to Europe.

Get well Moz, lot's of lemon tea and rest, we love ya~

He could have gotten sick at the Oscar party but my money is on he got it at the Sound Garden gig. Those fans look like they don't wash their hands after using the bathroom.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom