San Francisco, CA - The Masonic (Dec. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / This Charming Man / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Jack The Ripper / Oboe Concerto / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / What She Said / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by CaffeineBloodstream.

• Review and photos (100 total) by Jason DeBord - Rock Subculture. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Morrissey-Concert-Review-Photos-2015-Tour-Masonic-San-Francisco-093.jpg
  • Photos by Christopher Victorio (17 total) - SF Weekly. Link from @SFWeekly / Twitter.

sanfrancisco2.jpg
  • Photos from @last_intl_playboy / Instagram (7 total). Link from an anonymous person.

sanfrancisco.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
Looks like someone had a little too much baked spaghetti and the famous Sinatra cannolis for Christmas. Better start on the two a days with the "Malibu Trainer to the Stars" before the big NYE show because rumor is Lil' Sammy Productions LTD will be filming it on his new Iphone 7 Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy got him for Christmas.

Damon is probably married to a WOMAN now living in someplace like Flint, Michigan eating McDonalds for dinner, just like Jake. You people will never get it. Well, as long as the gays keep buying tickets. Anonymous-

Only a semi-transitioned woman. Damon is abundantly gay. Jake is a different story.

First time I've seen Mozzers in 10 years, and I have to say, that was incredible. A very very powerful concert indeed. The acoustics were amazing, the visuals were stunning, the band were on top form, and Morrissey sounded as good as I've ever heard him (except for being flat at the beginning of Everyday Is Like Sunday although the band sounded out of tune during the song which may have thrown him off).
Although a vegetarian myself, and a PETA supporter, the images during Meat is Murder are so hard hitting. I love the fact that Morrissey uses the stage (and doesn't give a ****) as a platform for political and social issues/awareness. You don't see that from many acts nowadays, not even Weller!
Concert highlights for me....Jack the Ripper, Ganglord, Meat Is Murder, First of the Gang, The Queen Is Dead.
Low point...This Charming Man...not sure what was going on there!

In all seriousness, it is pretty sad when a Morrissey tribute band plays the song better than his actual band.

Are you kidding? I'd rather NOT hear the main guitar line (which is admittedly not incredibly difficult to play, if you work at it) than hear it butchered as above. Morrissey's version is how he wants it played now. Anyone who's been playing guitar for a few years can figure out how to play it correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vile version. Rather suffer through Sam Smith's complete works than hear that. UGH pass the smelling salts...

that's because you're a miserable c*** that wasn't there to enjoy the grandeur of the moz, like we were.. it was one of 4 smith's songs and was truly excellent. go back under your rock, troll trash..

Are you kidding? I'd rather NOT hear the main guitar line (which is admittedly not incredibly difficult to play, if you work at it) than hear it butchered as above. Morrissey's version is how he wants it played now. Anyone who's been playing guitar for a few years can figure out how to play it correctly.

Anyone who plays guitar knows very well that the Lawnmowers perform it the way they do due to their limited abilities and ever shrinking tech/equipment budget caused by lack of interest from the music industry. It's just the way it goes when your a c@@t in the business.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The "Welcome to our secret society" is clearly a reference to the blue rosers! Plus, the colour of the shirts!

that's because you're a miserable c*** that wasn't there to enjoy the grandeur of the moz, like we were.. it was one of 4 smith's songs and was truly excellent. go back under your rock, troll trash..

The cult casualty responds...how charming. Quick! Make an appointment to get your ears (and brain) syringed!

The "Welcome to our secret society" is clearly a reference to the blue rosers! Plus, the colour of the shirts!

Wrong ! He's active in the Brotherhood, he was once the worshipful Grand Master at the Sretford lodge of hard cocks in Manchester. Can you not see he's sporting his Masonic dick danglers, did he expose his breasts and roll his trouser leg up, stand on the square and give out handshakes, wear a funny ring etc etc ? Smiler with knife is a Masonic song I thought everyone knew all this.

Yes, unfortunately Morrissey can not be president because he was born in "Manc". That would be so top mental, Morrissey and Nancy. Talk about American royalty. I reckon.

I know the feeling, I mean my Motorhead cover band I am in does a better version of Ace of Spades than they did.

Is anyone else not feeling that excited about the hyped up NYE show? I mean those of us in Moz Angeles just saw him 4 months ago for 7 shows in a row in California. I haven't even worn my bullfighter must die shirt yet. Anonymous-

The dickdanglers noticeably grow in length when he plays predominantly gay crowds. Aiming to entice them by way of optical illusion crotch jewelry? Silly Steven - such a trickster! Valiant effort, though, I must say.

Gay as a yellow duster. Camp as a row of pink tents.

He also needs to ditch the crotch jewelry and shirt tossering, stat.

I don't know...the crotch jewelry really doesn't bother me because I am not looking down there and to me I see him as more "barrel" chested than overweight. I much prefer the "junk" jewelry and shirt tosses to the late night vodka fueled TTY posts. Those I could do without.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, unfortunately Morrissey can not be president because he was born in "Manc". That would be so top mental, Morrissey and Nancy. Talk about American royalty. I reckon.

I know the feeling, I mean my Motorhead cover band I am in does a better version of Ace of Spades than they did.

Is anyone else not feeling that excited about the hyped up NYE show? I mean those of us in Moz Angeles just saw him 4 months ago for 7 shows in a row in California. I haven't even worn my bullfighter must die shirt yet. Anonymous-

FYI...Ian Fraser Kilmister is a poor man's William Michael Albert Broad you lunatic :crazy: ;) :)

I don't know...the crotch jewelry really doesn't bother me because I am not looking down there and to me I see him as more "barrel" chested than overweight. I much prefer the "junk" jewelry and shirt tosses to the late night vodka fueled TTY posts. Those I could do without.

Its no wonder he got a good furky-toodling at the airport trying to get through the scanners wearing fancy bone-bling.

geez he seem to gain 2-3 kilos per show. he has a huge pupic. agree that doing away with the shit tossing may be the way to go.

I'm on a Southwest flight to LA from SF right now with Morrissey's entire band. No Moz though.

Show last night was good.

And how many times do want to mention that? It doesn't stop Moz from playing it this way. So it's pointless. Apart from that, this tribute band doesn't play it better, they play it closer to the original recording and I suppose that's exactly what Moz doesn't want to do. If you don't like it, listen to the original recording and avoid listening to the current version. Simple as that.

:thumb:

Agreed. The man is not fat. He is 56 years old and looks pretty damn good. Jesus. And I kinda like the dangling bling.

I'm on a Southwest flight to LA from SF right now with Morrissey's entire band. No Moz though.

Show last night was good.

Tell the Lawnmowers from me they're a bunch of pussys who can't even whistle a decent tune never mind compose one !

The best moment for me was the speedy, somewhat clipped version of What She Said.
I haven't been to see Moz since 2007 (cancelled performances, etc) and I was sad to have missed this song being performed over the last 8 years, last night was my lucky night and so enjoyable (minus the Meat is Murder and police brutality videos/photos on screen)!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom