San Francisco, CA - Masonic Auditorium (Nov. 4, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by CaffeineBloodstream

Last edited:
Thanks for supporting the Poppy Appeal Moz :thumb:
Pop Appeal.png

just watched the first periscope clip(21mins) very good start to the show,Ms voice very good.looks like everyone had a good time,glamourus glue very good.

There's only a partial setlist up at the moment - more contributions are needed.
Regards,
FWD.

In standard format, there were a few tweaks to the Portland and Seattle set:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

With random notes and some banter paraphrased:

On 9:05pm

"It's Saturday Night Live!"

01. You'll Be Gone

"Enchanté!" (or some other exclamation that sounds like that)

02. I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
03. Glamorous Glue (nice surprise!)
04. I Wish You Lonely

"In the interest of human science, we are about to release a new album, CD, cassette and... (title of next song)"

05. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage
06. Kiss Me A Lot
07. When You Open Your Legs

"When you open your legs..."

08. How Soon Is Now? (drum and gong outro)
09. Spent The Day In Bed

"If you find yourself on holiday, vacation -- call it what you like -- in Spain and you meet a lovely couple -- couple of what -- ... and you sit down ... this would be a great icebreaker.

10. The Bullfighter Dies
11. Jack The Ripper (with tons of smoke)

"The backdrop you about to see ... is Dublin in 1946. I dedicate this song to my grandfather."

12. Home Is A Question Mark (Watch Moz's facial expressions during this song. Of all the new songs, he seemed to dig the deepest for this one and be the most emotionally connected with it.)

(band introductions, where he pretends to forget Boz's name and needed to be reminded by a piece of paper from his pocket, "and I... I am dirt!")

13. My Love, I'd Do Anything For You
14. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

"I would like to make a special dedication to a very good friend of mine. She lives in Akron, Ohio, and she's extremely overweight. (audible gasps from crowd) She doesn't ever really leave the house. Her name is Chrissie, and here is her high school picture (on the backdrop) from 1922."

15. Back On The Chain Gang

"I can always plead insanity. It never fails."

16. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
17. Speedway (Gustavo vocal and band swap outro)

"So my point being that I think this planet is in a really bad neighborhood."

18. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
19. Meat Is Murder
20. Everyday Is Like Sunday (There was successful stage invasion by woman in dress and heels. I ran into after the show at a bar and she said it was a huge highlight after following Moz for 32 years back to the Smiths era.)

(encore break)

"I'll miss you."

21. Suedehead
22. Shoplifters Of The World Unite (sung as "Trumpshifters", with shirt toss)

Off 10:45pm

Other notes and thoughts:
  • His voice sounded great.
  • Band shirts read "Return of the Black Panthers".
  • Definitely you could sense the crowd more engaged during HSIN? and EILS, but otherwise it was pretty static, even by SF standards. Here's hoping LA gets more into it as expected.
  • There were several other stage invasion attempts though, and most at least got handshakes from the trench.
  • Personally I'm still not the biggest fan of his band's current instrumentation. I think it works for some songs like turning the jangly "This Charming Man" into something more muscular. I can appreciate Gustavo getting some spotlight, but it cuts into the power of "Speedway" with Boz's lighter drumming too. However, for Smiths or early solo material, I just find the songs become a slower, plodding version. I suppose it's personal taste.
  • We've all come to expect "uncle during the holidays" comments from Moz. Even if he was being ironic with the Chrissie Hynde comment, well, I wouldn't mind seeing the shock value directed at someone else.
I'm interested if anyone there felt differently.

In standard format, there were a few tweaks to the Portland and Seattle set:

With random notes and some banter paraphrased:

On 9:05pm

"It's Saturday Night Live!"

01. You'll Be Gone

"Enchanté!" (or some other exclamation that sounds like that)

02. I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
03. Glamorous Glue (nice surprise!)
04. I Wish You Lonely

"In the interest of human science, we are about to release a new album, CD, cassette and... (title of next song)"

05. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage
06. Kiss Me A Lot
07. When You Open Your Legs

"When you open your legs..."

08. How Soon Is Now? (drum and gong outro)
09. Spent The Day In Bed

"If you find yourself on holiday, vacation -- call it what you like -- in Spain and you meet a lovely couple -- couple of what -- ... and you sit down ... this would be a great icebreaker.

10. The Bullfighter Dies
11. Jack The Ripper (with tons of smoke)

"The backdrop you about to see ... is Dublin in 1946. I dedicate this song to my grandfather."

12. Home Is A Question Mark (Watch Moz's facial expressions during this song. Of all the new songs, he seemed to dig the deepest for this one and be the most emotionally connected with it.)

(band introductions, where he pretends to forget Boz's name and needed to be reminded by a piece of paper from his pocket, "and I... I am dirt!")

13. My Love, I'd Do Anything For You
14. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

"I would like to make a special dedication to a very good friend of mine. She lives in Akron, Ohio, and she's extremely overweight. (audible gasps from crowd) She doesn't ever really leave the house. Her name is Chrissie, and here is her high school picture (on the backdrop) from 1922."

15. Back On The Chain Gang

"I can always plead insanity. It never fails."

16. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
17. Speedway (Gustavo vocal and band swap outro)

"So my point being that I think this planet is in a really bad neighborhood."

18. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
19. Meat Is Murder
20. Everyday Is Like Sunday (There was successful stage invasion by woman in dress and heels. I ran into after the show at a bar and she said it was a huge highlight after following Moz for 32 years back to the Smiths era.)

(encore break)

"I'll miss you."

21. Suedehead
22. Shoplifters Of The World Unite (sung as "Trumpshifters", with shirt toss)

Off 10:45pm

Other notes and thoughts:
  • His voice sounded great.
  • Band shirts read "Return of the Black Panthers".
  • Definitely you could sense the crowd more engaged during HSIN? and EILS, but otherwise it was pretty static, even by SF standards. Here's hoping LA gets more into it as expected.
  • There were several other stage invasion attempts though, and most at least got handshakes from the trench.
  • Personally I'm still not the biggest fan of his band's current instrumentation. I think it works for some songs like turning the jangly "This Charming Man" into something more muscular. I can appreciate Gustavo getting some spotlight, but it cuts into the power of "Speedway" with Boz's lighter drumming too. However, for Smiths or early solo material, I just find the songs become a slower, plodding version. I suppose it's personal taste.
  • We've all come to expect "uncle during the holidays" comments from Moz. Even if he was being ironic with the Chrissie Hynde comment, well, I wouldn't mind seeing the shock value directed at someone else.
I'm interested if anyone there felt differently.
Exactly the type of information that should appear after a gig - thank you.
Regards,
FWD.

The Mercury News reviews the gig positively:

Here’s a secret about Morrissey that you shouldn’t share with anyone.

Excerpt:
"Can you keep a secret?
Good, because there’s a piece of information that Morrissey probably won’t want you to spread around.

After all, he’s devoted several decades to cultivating the image of a cranky crooner, who is at least as well known for canceling shows as he is for performing them.

Yet, there’s another side to this doctor of dour – this groom to gloom. And that is – are you ready for this? – he’s also a crowd pleaser.

That was evident once again on Nov. 4 at The Masonic in San Francisco, as Morrissey worked hard to deliver a well-rounded, entertaining show to the capacity crowd."

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/...ssey-that-you-shouldnt-share-with-anyone/amp/

Review links to some Twitter vids.
Regards,
FWD.

It's a shame to hear Gustavo is still ruining the end of 'Speedway'. Will we ever hear Morrissey sing the full song again?

That’s a nice setlist. “Glamorous Glue” is a pleasant surprise. I’m definitely looking forward to tonight’s show in Paso Robles.

The set-list is beginning to shape up nicely now, I think.

It’s the first setlist in years I thought I wouldn’t mind seeing.

Meanwhile, in Manchester, Johnny Marr seen with one of the charlatans at the Shitty/Arse match...

B6778AF8-EFD9-478E-9CEE-1E0D4E0D25E6.jpeg

Is that a syrup?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom