San Francisco, CA - Castro Theatre (Nov. 19, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

First Of The Gang to Die / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / I Am Veronica / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Bullfighter Dies / Rebels Without Applause / Knockabout World / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Girlfriend In A Coma / Let Me Kiss You / Saint In A Stained Glass Window / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
Oh , the Oscar Wilde joke was a very funny old style joke-very common that type in the UK
The John Lennon comment was just stupid. Of course, he would get signed so probably would Billie
You could say they would be canceled but I doubt it. Its so stupid when so many people have record deals, to say this stuff.
The fact he is saying all this about labels, makes me think the Capital thing was utter crap
I think he's saying that anyone with strong views and opinions, like John Lennon and Billie Holiday, would at some point fall foul of cancel culture and upset someone somewhere. I think he's absolutely right. John Lennon, for example, was a big supporter of the Palestinian cause. Say anything critical of Israel now and the media call you 'anti-semitic'. We all walk on egg shells these days so best to keep your mouth shut. Moz is spot on in his statement.

I think he's saying that anyone with strong views and opinions, like John Lennon and Billie Holiday, would at some point fall foul of cancel culture and upset someone somewhere. I think he's absolutely right. John Lennon, for example, was a big supporter of the Palestinian cause. Say anything critical of Israel now and the media call you 'anti-semitic'. We all walk on egg shells these days so best to keep your mouth shut. Moz is spot on in his statement.
Morrissey has got a deal has he not? His complaint is ‘merely’ that he can’t determine the date Bonfire comes out? But even The Beatles couldn’t do that.

Why is it a question?

folks need to chill.

Has he got a deal? That is the question.
I guess I’m assuming he has, until I hear otherwise from him. Nevertheless, it is all starting to have the feeling of ‘a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination’.

Mostly positive review. It's just a shame the racist right-wing trope continues to be mindlessly trotted out. Again, that's life. Another year or two and it'll probably fade out.
It's a sad reflection of the shallowness of so many, that they can't comprehend that Morrissey's anti-establishment views have been constant throughout his life. That somehow the progressives 'own' being anti-establishment, anti-elitist when the reality is that both conservative/progressive both are oppressive establishment when your family is barely scraping by and beholden to some measure of public aid.
The fact that its paid journalists, who should know their topics better, writing these inaccurate and libelious statements is especially galling.
There's also the difference in England in how ethnic Irish are treated versus other nationalities, and how criminal acts are seen and responded to by the public/media/government based on ethnicity. For example, compare and contrast the reaction to an IRA bombing with an radical Islamic bombing. The double standard needs to be brought into the light, it's quite sad that Morrissey is one of the few that does so.

Lol, Kelly Clarkson … he means Johnny Marr and it’s true enough.
True enough indeed, Johnny's doing an impressive job of it, I'm sure Morrissey is happy to let it go, and perhaps doesn't want the comparisons either.
But also true enough that Kelly Clarkson wasn't bad at trying her hand at parts of it. She takes requests and sings snippets of songs(Kellyoke) during her daytime talk show occasionally. Here's the YouTube post by the person that requested it, including the requesters Q&A and the screen overlay with Kelly owning up to completely messing up what show got her hooked on it: Kelly Clarkson sings How Soon is Now and my 15 sec of fame

And the show's "official" version of it.
Kellyoke | How Soon Is Now (The Smiths)

Last edited:
Better recording from beloved baby j

I was feeling nostalgic yesterday and rewatched some videos - came across this one from the Castro also by baby j (Thank you baby j!) (This was when the fog machine over did it and I could not see anything, at least in the video you can kind of see Moz) , Note at the end the "rats rats" comments by Moz then I found this clip from Dracula see 1:03 - I love it when he is playful like that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom