San Diego, CA - Pechanga Arena (Oct. 6, 2019) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Oct 7, 2019.

By davidt on Oct 7, 2019 at 4:00 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Suedehead / Hairdresser On Fire / Spent The Day In Bed / I Am Hated For Loving / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Wish You Lonely / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / Hold On To Your Friends / Speedway // What She Said

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Karina via FB.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The fonts aren't available to represent how HUGE this event actually was...it was HUGER than a bag of HUGE things...& that's HUGE believe me.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      Steve's nipples posture like mine when I'm working all day out of the executive conference room of a Hilton Garden Inn.

Thanks for the nipple solidarity, Steve. I love ya man.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      "THOSANDS" :rofl:
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      Another great, genuine, review...thanks. So pleased you & everyone else enjoyed it.
      Well done Moz!
      Rockin' & Smokin'
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      Cheers Veeg...
    6. alleycat
      alleycat
      I can bet my past and present life Morrissey’s fans are his life. I won’t bet my next life. I’m saving it. The Chameleons on repeat is my lifesaver. Yeah!
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      The evil, nasty, malicious posts fully expose the fact that Skinny's life is meaningless. Absolutely meaningless.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. vegan cro spirit 777
      vegan cro spirit 777
      This is fact. Incredible success by Moz and Interpol. Rare to see such success but Moz pulled it out.

Meanwhile the dumb :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: mini gig tour was forgotten before it was over.:clapping:
      Going broke in the process and putting the Dramatic one into a depresses state.:lbf:
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. SuedeMoz
      SuedeMoz
      I didn’t take it that way... just Morrissey being Morrissey. We know he has a finished album set for next year. So I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him. He is 60 now and I do wonder how that will change how he tours moving forward. Maybe the broadway shows are a template of what’s to come? Less locations and more dates in larger cities - almost a residency style tour. One thing about Morrissey, he never does the predictable.
      Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
      • Insightful Insightful x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      That would make sense to me if the numbers worked for everyone. He’s almost there now. He hits ny and dc la San Francisco maybe somewhere in Texas etc plus Canada for a few short residency style shows all he would need to do is cut out the scattered stops in between. Hell he’d save some money just cutting out some travel costs and of course he’d have some time off to rest up for the shows
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      "The flashing lights and images." ? Well then, you must have missed the Morrissey wardrobe selection for the encore ! Yes, Morrissey came out wearing a black and white large flannel looking checkered style hunting coat from L.L. Beane or the Bass Catologue of Maine. Or was it an Eddie Bauer there Morrissey? Being an oldster as well, it gets cold at night and warmth for the circulation needed.
      Next up was that inspiration for living video closing out the show. A repeating video of some poor bloke blowing his brains out that ran for how many times Morrissey ? 66 ? Just long enough to keep all there ...there. ..then lights came on.
      Lastly, there was a real-life ,"There is a light that never goes out moment", outside leaving the old Sports Arena. A SUV van type vehicle crashed and flipped upside down, smoking and Jeep Cherokee had rear ended the smoking SUV. Sirens blazing and cars leaving this scene as fast as able to avoid any explosion and fire. Hope all OK in that one......
      Yes, ofcorse the show itself was a triple A+++ & Morrissey ...well dear boy, you sounded brand new...not 1 note off key ! Bummer ! Strong clear voice and continues successes old man. And Jessie, with that jingle jangle Johnny Marr style of playing on a few tunes ...excellent. Boz always excellent, Gustavo as well. And you Mr Walker ...step forwards ......Past excellent you were.
      After that, the Hollywood Bowl show went from a maybe to, definitely going ! Thank you kindly ...you too Morrissey !
      • Like Like x 1
    12. countthree
      countthree
      Very nice review. But contemplating Paul Banks seems very far from boring to me :)
    13. countthree
      countthree
      He seems to be in excellent shape, great voice, great band, and people love him.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. lanterns
      • Like Like x 2
    15. PuppetParrot
      PuppetParrot
      grow up Skinny stop acting like a spoiled toddler.
    16. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      I think we'd all love him to go on forever, but sadly that's not going to be possible.

As you point out, he's 60 & future big tours will be tiring for him as he steps over the 60+ threshold, & I think some ppl forget this. He needs to stay in good health for all our sakes.

Hope you're right about smaller tours/residencies, that might be his plan.

We need to treasure everything he gives us. I know we all do anyway but maybe even more so these days.

Stay fit & healthy Moz.
      • Like Like x 3
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No, you got a misfire there PP, this wasn't Skinny, m8...I was having an 'exuberant' moment...gotta allow me some fun if a gig was that successful.
    18. bob-first
      bob-first
      I was there at 17, and there last night at 45...
      • Like Like x 7
    19. gashonthenail
      gashonthenail
      Looks like it was a fantastic night. I wish he would leave the waistcoat in the bottom drawer though, where it belongs...

20. lanterns
      lanterns
      burstin' with strength

by f tw on yt
      Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
      • Like Like x 2