San Diego, CA - North Park Theatre (Aug. 20, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Let The Right One Slip In / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / What She Said / First Of The Gang To Die / The Bullfighter Dies / Now My Heart Is Full / Will Never Marry / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by ROBERTBOYRACER and sdsuedehead

• Photo by roblostinmozangeles / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester.

sandiego1.jpg
  • Morrissey / The Stephen and Mary Birch North Park Theatre - San Diego, CA (252 photos / videos) - CrowdAlbum. Link posted by an anonymous person.

• If tears were good luck, Morrissey would be rich by Mark Carpowich - San Diego Reader

Last edited:
With the exception of the last four or so (Stein, dolls, lipsynca, and the Italian guy) I'm pretty sure all the other intro videos were new and too obscure to ID. I know there's a few people here who like to detail that stuff, get someone going to the show tomorrow to record the first 2/3rds after the poetry read w Bruce Lee as backdrop. It's possible I'm wrong and they were new the last leg of US tour. My apologies if so but I never saw the knife fight and the gym membership metal video.

It was a fantastic show. He looked and sounded great, like he was having a lot of fun. I was a tad too stoned out of my gourd to enjoy LTROSP but to do recall thinking "hey...this is nice." If I were to offer constructive criticism, bless his hardworking heart but Gutsy finishing Speedway was a bit of a letdown. Those last lines "I never said, I never said, I could've mentioned your name..." are literally the most powerful lines of the album. To not hear Moz sing them has a real Son & Heirs feel to it. I didn't burn a tank of gas to hear someone other than Moz or the crowd sing. But he does sing them well. Also dump the digeradoo with the black guy on the backdrop. There's just sorta something racist about it from the crowd, like " well he checked off the Mexican box by saying gracias a lot, here comes the African part..." I can't explain it. Also it literally just sounds like horrible feedback which this is not.

Other than that fantastic show. Curious to see how the tired hipsters respond on Sunday.

Also I don't mean to get all Studio Version Anal about this, but I would literally blow a homeless man to hear Moz drop the "kill, eat, kill, eat" part of MIM and sing "the meat in your mouth as you savor the flavor of murder..."

Because it seems like the crowd starts to get into it and sing, then right at that change up they can't trust you're not going to change it again later and make them look stupid for singing the wrong words so they start checking their phones and take bathroom breaks. They WANT to sing with you but they know the studio version.

Also I don't mean to get all Studio Version Anal about this, but I would literally blow a homeless man to hear Moz drop the "kill, eat, kill, eat" part of MIM and sing "the meat in your mouth as you savor the flavor of murder..."

Because it seems like the crowd starts to get into it and sing, then right at that change up they can't trust you're not going to change it again later and make them look stupid for singing the wrong words so they start checking their phones and take bathroom breaks. They WANT to sing with you but they know the studio version.

I seriously thought the same thing in San Jose, well not the blowing a homeless man thing lol but how I want to hear the album version not the way it's performed now..becos it's true it takes away from the crowd interaction

No shame in this CG I totally agree with you. I don't mind the odd querky lyric change that is cute and amusing ("As we stonely read the graves...") but the butchery of Meat is Murder (see what I did there?) makes it even more unbearable than it already is.

And I'm a veggie, so I can say it's shit. It's like being black and using THAT word.

He was in a really good mood. As the show went on I was hoping he wouldn't do Murder and then one song to the end.....usually it's not that far down the set list. Jesse can't even get feedback right.

I really wish he would do "Hot, Hot, Hot" and if his idol Buster Poindexter would join him on stage to sing it...that is my vote and dream. Anonymous-

Interesting, not a " These Boots are Made for Walkin' " duet with Nancy? I would have guessed wrong.

It was nice seeing Moz last night, I miss that sonuvabitch. :sweet:

Last edited by a moderator:
My first Morrissey show and he didn't disappoint. His voice was amazing. Opening with suedehead got the whole crowd going. Question....when he first got up on stage he said something. I think he said cabrones. Am i mistaken? Anybody else catch it?

My first Morrissey show and he didn't disappoint. His voice was amazing. Opening with suedehead got the whole crowd going. Question....when he first got up on stage he said something. I think he said cabrones. Am i mistaken? Anybody else catch it?

He did indeed say cabrones.

- - - Updated - - -

It was a fantastic show. He looked and sounded great, like he was having a lot of fun. I was a tad too stoned out of my gourd to enjoy LTROSP but to do recall thinking "hey...this is nice." If I were to offer constructive criticism, bless his hardworking heart but Gutsy finishing Speedway was a bit of a letdown. Those last lines "I never said, I never said, I could've mentioned your name..." are literally the most powerful lines of the album. To not hear Moz sing them has a real Son & Heirs feel to it. I didn't burn a tank of gas to hear someone other than Moz or the crowd sing. But he does sing them well. Also dump the digeradoo with the black guy on the backdrop. There's just sorta something racist about it from the crowd, like " well he checked off the Mexican box by saying gracias a lot, here comes the African part..." I can't explain it. Also it literally just sounds like horrible feedback which this is not.

Other than that fantastic show. Curious to see how the tired hipsters respond on Sunday.

Yeah, I didn't remember listening to Maya Angelou or the other poem in Chicago but I may have been in the bathroom for that. Are you going tonight?

geez, a lot of empty seats.

and he crowd didnt get into it until sunday.

Does anyone have info in the merch being sold and is he still selling autographed albums at all?
I remember for a while there he was selling a set number of signed LP's.
Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't remember listening to Maya Angelou or the other poem in Chicago but I may have been in the bathroom for that. Are you going tonight?
Angelou and Anne Sexton's "Wanting to Die" readings were both part of the video reel for the most recent US dates.

Here's a full video of Let the Right One Slip In. Sounds good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, not a " These Boots are Made for Walkin' " duet with Nancy? I would have guessed wrong.

No, Nancy is too busy backstage stirring the marinara sauce for the post show meal.

He didn't say any words in Mexican anonymous "pendejo" He may have screamed 'GRACIAS' once and of course he played the gimmick song "first of the gang" so all you bacon wrapped hot dog eating pieces of shit can think he is singing directly to you because it has the words "gang" and "hector". Stay in LA and your gang Krazy Boy Eastsider Bacon Wrapped Hot Dog Eaters Varrio 13.

He was in a really good mood. As the show went on I was hoping he wouldn't do Murder and then one song to the end.....usually it's not that far down the set list. Jesse can't even get feedback right.

I really wish he would do "Hot, Hot, Hot" and if his idol Buster Poindexter would join him on stage to sing it...that is my vote and dream. Anonymous-

hau einfach ab du penner!

He dropped all the royalty bashing stuff...unless I was too in the zone to notice.

- - - Updated - - -

geez, a lot of empty seats.

and he crowd didnt get into it until sunday.

There were no seats you f***tard. It was sold out. Why do I bother...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom