San Diego, CA - Copley Symphony Hall (Nov. 10, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by Alexi (scan)

Last edited:
Wow, way to go San Diego, I look forward to more video of this show , Pigsty new entry to set list ,great song , amazing how fast things can change hope moz is okay .

So strange how in the space of less than a year he has gone from filling the set with "LIHS" to just 3 numbers.
Not complaining mind, I would love to see a set like this back in the UK!
"Life is a Pigsty" is just one of the best, I know it's simple, but that's because it is true.
Life, is a pigsty.
The crowd rush may have spoiled it for some, and I hope Moz or anyone wasn't injured or upset, but personally I love it, maybe it could have been a bit nicer if he had chance to play more of the song. But how many pop stars knocking 60 have that kind of reaction still, or have ever!

My perspective. Been to the SD show since 91, missing one here and there due to life, while also catching Coachella, Vegas, and an occasional LA show. My last was the Sports Arena show about 5 years ago. Tonight was a good show. Setlist was good, based on recent history, although there were some songs he chose that could have been better. Dial a Cliche?, why not I don't Mind.. or Ordinary Boys.. Nonetheless, he looked good, sounded good. Didn't finish Sunday. Come on people, we are all getting old, its not organic to re-create some of the early magic of getting on stage, you ruined it for a lot of people. Live in Dallas was a long time ago. Now, having said that, I went alone, splurged on a single $150 ticket ( kind of felt bad for whoever paid for the three kids next to me who that may have known one or two of Mom's fav;s) , center, row b center, behind about 5 deep in orchestra (how do you get those?) I crushed the schedule. Drove down from Oceanside, parked, had a few beers at the Donut Shop across the street, and headed in around 9pm. I shit you not, he came out 5 minutes later. I cannot count the shows that I have stood as close as possible, watched a wretched opening act, and stood 45 more minutes waiting for the main event. Stoked. Highlights for me tonight, William, first time I've seen that live and it was really good. Jack the Ripper, live gold, Life is a Pigsty was great. A lot of fun for me just scanning the graying crowd, seeing random people singing along to LIHS songs, and some of the obscure stuff. I had said this might be my last Moz show, but if he keeps touring, I'll probably follow. Only down side to me, after all these years, no San Diego greeting.. I look forward to his lame San Digringo puns, etc...

Nice review, but you have probably missed some great opening acts then. I've seen Joy Division, The Sound, Smashing Pumpkins and … The Smiths all as opening acts. Go early next time, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Nice review, but you have probably missed some great opening acts then. I've seen Joy Division, The Sound, Smashing Pumpkins and … The Smiths all as opening acts. Go early next time, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Did you see JD on the Buzzcocks tour? That was the first time I saw them.

Moz is on fire!
Can’t wait for the South American Tour to commence!

Shame I can't convince my wife that I need to go to Brazil for a few days. New Order play at the Espaco das Americas, Sao Paulo on the 28th November and Morrissey plays the same venue on the 2nd December, that could have been a great few days!

Ahhh well, you can see in two of those videos that Moz was clearly punched in the face by a stage rushing zealot. Quite the failed hug there. Come, armageddon!
That didn't look like a failed hug so much as an intentional punch.

By Starcrawler? Probably not. But I do agree with you that many bands that turned out to be favorites were once opening acts that I was early enough to see.

Wonder I'd he'll make it to Latin America? He's cancelled tours for less like a draft on stage. Hope his face is OK.

Can't tell if it was an intentional punch, it's hard to believe anyone would have the guts to be at the front and do this. I like to think it was just an unfortunate attempt to touch him, but who knows...
Security will be though in the next leg of the tour thanks to this suckers.

Can't tell if it was an intentional punch, it's hard to believe anyone would have the guts to be at the front and do this. I like to think it was just an unfortunate attempt to touch him, but who knows...
Security will be though in the next leg of the tour thanks to this suckers.
Look at the second video of the four and pay close attention to the guy's hands. You'll see his right is clenched at his side and he puts all of his momentum into throwing his left fist. If you go to youtube and play the clip at half speed it becomes really apparent.

I've put in my time with opening acts and always tried to give them a shot. In Moz's case, he hasn't always picked winners. Although I didn't see them, the Smoking Popes are probably the only opener he's had that turned into a favorite in my collection. Elcka I liked. Many more I don't even remember. If you like live music, by all means check out the opener. I'm just lucky to get to a show at this point of life.

Oh call Taggart - where was Skinny yesterday?
Look at the second video of the four and pay close attention to the guy's hands. You'll see his right is clenched at his side and he puts all of his momentum into throwing his left fist. If you go to youtube and play the clip at half speed it becomes really apparent.

I watched it at 0.25 speed. He really does smack him one, although maybe it's not as bad as it looks because Moz isn't holding his face (which you might think he would do, if it was a proper punch). But the guy is running and stumbling when he lunges at him - so I suppose it's possible he got carried away in the moment and lost his balance. Then again, maybe he meant to properly lamp him one but mistimed it... Anyway, it's 11 days till the next one so I don't think the insurers will buy 'facial bruising'.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom