San Diego, CA - Balboa Theatre (Feb. 27, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / November Spawned A Monster / Ouija Board, Ouija Board/ I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Still Ill / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

set list provided by ROBERTBOYRACER

Last edited:
Show was incredible. His voice was perfect, struggled to find a note within the first three notes of singing but figured it out quick and sang the rest beautifully and strong. Some of the banter touched on the Jimmy Kimmel thing, some self deprecation, accepted all the presents handed to him, was handed a get well card and opened and read it and stuck it in his pocket right on stage, even took a teddy bear or something and stuck it in his back pocket like the glads for the duration of the song. It's a bit of a blur, more will come back to me as the day goes on, but my impression was that he was very fit and strong and loved being there, it even seemed like he didn't particularly want to leave the stage after the encore. The band wore faded red Superman shirts. The background was a matador standing like Stuart Sutcliffe. He took off his shirt as usual during LMKY and didn;t look particularly anemic to me. :)horny:) There's a new song in the intro, a folk song that went on for an eternity, the chorus being "My country tis of thee blah, blah for the people blah, or something." :o I was too nervous to pay attention but it literally lasted 10 minutes. And in the clips was a shot of Pasolini's gravestone, then a clip of the Salford Lads Club with young boys in front shot with an 8mm camera. No music during these. Eerie and awesome. Please, Please, Please was particularly haunting and beautiful, I cried. I always cry but it was sung PERFECTLY. Started the show in a "camo chic" green shirt, then pink, then pink again after the shirt toss. He was full woman last night and beautiful. Lots of invaders, all very respectful. some got in some kisses on the cheek :thumb: At one point I had massive agida when he was bent over giving hand shakes and there were people behind him and people in front, he could've fallen into the pit area sooooo easily, there was no barrier. The security was particularly tight. I snuck into the pit once and was booted for lack of a bracelet. It seems, with these kind of things, that the key is to be friends with one of the Moz thugs, becuase he was going nto the crowd and hand selecting people to be allowed into the pit area without a ticket, so it was by the end of the night all the usual regulars. Depressing. GIVE OTHER PEOPLE A CHANCE, THUGS! The regular security was crabby too, they wouldn;t even let me step into hand him a letter and I was in the front row behind the barrier. :Grrrr, whatever, can't say it wasn't one of the best concerts I'd ever been to. Morrissey petted the speakers during Paris but I missed it because I was so agitated that someone was waving flowers at him the whole time and blocking the view, I was cursing the flower lady and missed the best part of the show. :p Anyway, Morrissey looks fabulous and healthy. I know anemia doesn't exactly show, but he seemed healthy and in particular... happy... which is lovely to see. Also the La de das at the end of TBWTTIHS...be still my heart. Sung perfectly.

The pause during Speedway he sang (he should do an acapella album ffs, he doesn;t even need a band) something that sounded familiar but I can't place it, the jist being about being in love and could it be you? Forgive me for not remembering! It'll be on youtube no doubt.

Last edited:
You f***ed up Amie. Everybody knows who you are, what you look like, knows you are schizophrenic, and no one is ever going to let you get close enough to him to give him anything. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Show was incredible. His voice was perfect, struggled to find a note within the first three notes of singing but figured it out quick and sang the rest beautifully and strong. Some of the banter touched on the Jimmy Kimmel thing, some self deprecation, accepted all the presents handed to him, was handed a get well card and opened and read it and stuck it in his pocket right on stage, even took a teddy bear or something and stuck it in his back pocket like the glads for the duration of the song. It's a bit of a blur, more will come back to me as the day goes on, but my impression was that he was very fit and strong and loved being there, it even seemed like he didn't particularly want to leave the stage after the encore. The band wore faded red Superman shirts. The background was a matador standing like Stuart Sutcliffe. He took off his shirt as usual during LMKY and didn;t look particularly anemic to me. :)horny:) There's a new song in the intro, a folk song that went on for an eternity, the chorus being "My country tis of thee blah, blah for the people blah, or something." :o I was too nervous to pay attention but it literally lasted 10 minutes. And in the clips was a shot of Pasolini's gravestone, then a clip of the Salford Lads Club with young boys in front shot with an 8mm camera. No music during these. Eerie and awesome. Please, Please, Please was particularly haunting and beautiful, I cried. I always cry but it was sung PERFECTLY. Started the show in a "camo chic" green shirt, then pink, then pink again after the shirt toss. He was full woman last night and beautiful. Lots of invaders, all very respectful. some got in some kisses on the cheek :thumb: At one point I had massive agida when he was bent over giving hand shakes and there were people behind him and people in front, he could've fallen into the pit area sooooo easily, there was no barrier. The security was particularly tight. I snuck into the pit once and was booted for lack of a bracelet. It seems, with these kind of things, that the key is to be friends with one of the Moz thugs, becuase he was going nto the crowd and hand selecting people to be allowed into the pit area without a ticket, so it was by the end of the night all the usual regulars. Depressing. GIVE OTHER PEOPLE A CHANCE, THUGS! The regular security was crabby too, they wouldn;t even let me step into hand him a letter and I was in the front row behind the barrier. :Grrrr, whatever, can't say it wasn't one of the best concerts I'd ever been to. Morrissey petted the speakers during Paris but I missed it because I was so agitated that someone was waving flowers at him the whole time and blocking the view, I was cursing the flower lady and missed the best part of the show. :p Anyway, Morrissey looks fabulous and healthy. I know anemia doesn't exactly show, but he seemed healthy and in particular... happy... which is lovely to see. Also the La de das at the end of TBWTTIHS...be still my heart. Sung perfectly.

The pause during Speedway he sang (he should do an acapella album ffs, he doesn;t even need a band) something that sounded familiar but I can't place it, the jist being about being in love and could it be you? Forgive me for not remembering! It'll be on youtube no doubt.

I snuck into the pit once and was booted for lack of a bracelet. It seems, with these kind of things, that the key is to be friends with one of the Moz thugs, becuase he was going nto the crowd and hand selecting people to be allowed into the pit area without a ticket, so it was by the end of the night all the usual regulars. Depressing. GIVE OTHER PEOPLE A CHANCE, THUGS! The regular security was crabby too, they wouldn;t even let me step into hand him a letter and I was in the front row behind the barrier. :Grrrr, .

You're clearly not attractive enough.

You f***ed up Amie. Everybody knows who you are, what you look like, knows you are schizophrenic, and no one is ever going to let you get close enough to him to give him anything. You have no one to blame but yourself.

How can you be so heartlessly cruel? I don't know who CrystalGeezer is, but if, as you say, she suffers from schizophrenia, that is not something to make fun of, and quite frankly you should be intensely ashamed. She had a great time at the concert and posted the most insightful review so far. It seems to me that you're the one with problems not her.

CrystalGeezer - I'm pleased you enjoyed the concert and thank you for posting your review. lots of love xxx

Words can't describe!! He was incredible

Nice to see 'First of the gang to duck' was given a rest and taken off the 'bill' no pun intended.

What was the merch like ? I'm guessing a load of t-shirts going 'cheap' (npi) with wrong dates and venues on, loads of signed canvas pictures that he's signed in his hospital bed so as to keep the cash coming in (he's not daft when it comes to cashin in). Also Carrot calls and Uncle Si's t-cup broccili traps.
Ker-ching went the till eh !

What was that support act like Churchill ? Any good I'll check them out once I've finished watching this new show I've found called Duck Dynasty.

The messenger

The man is less than 3 weeks or so off of recovery from 3 ailiments: barretts espohagus, bleeding ulcer, and anemina. And you are critizing him for strugging a bit, what did you expect, perfection right out the gate. I wonder if you hold your self to such high standards as you do MOZ.

Yes is he is a legend, and yes he is a pro, but hell, he's only human. Give him a break, at least he's back on the "mend" and will enough to perform.

He will get stronger as he gets more shows under his belt.

You on the other hand should not attend any shows or comment on anything related to this tour, I'm afraid it/he will never meet your "high" expectations, go find another "perfect" artist~

Thank you. I think there was a report of a concussion as well.

Attachments

• worship.gif
    worship.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 26
How can you be so heartlessly cruel? I don't know who CrystalGeezer is, but if, as you say, she suffers from schizophrenia, that is not something to make fun of, and quite frankly you should be intensely ashamed. She had a great time at the concert and posted the most insightful review so far. It seems to me that you're the one with problems not her.

CrystalGeezer - I'm pleased you enjoyed the concert and thank you for posting your review. lots of love xxx
Read this and it will become more clear why she isn't allowed near Morrissey.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/115432-Symbolic-Stuff-Nobody-Gives-a-Crap-About

FWIW NO ONE was belittling her for having fun or making fun of schizophrenia. Quite the opposite. It's simply that if you keep that kind of thing (the delusions in the above thread) up for years people don't see it in a laughing manner.

Me too.

Attachments

• kiss.gif
    kiss.gif
    341 bytes · Views: 27
Here are some pics I got of the stage rushers.

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3882.JPG

IMG_3887.JPG
(eww.. take down!)

IMG_3890.JPG

Thank you Morrissey for an incredible show & triumphant return to the stage!! I'm looking forward to the rest of your west coast tour!! :D

Last edited:
You Morrissey "fans' are the reason he has zero respect for his audience. He probably sits back with a plate of rice cakes trolling Morrissey So-low laughing at all of you wankers sitting and arguing over what he should or shouldnt do with his OWN career. You all should politely walk away from your parents basements, step outside and take a breather. Kimmel joked him up on the show, so why shouldnt he defend himself any way he feels. Even if its twisting words to his own songs. Lots of bands change lyrics live.
Its only music.
His music.
His career.

read this and tell me he doesn't respect his audience moron.

THR: You’re about to restart your American tour. You recently said that your show at the Brooklyn Academy of Music was one of your favorites ever. What are the elements that make for a great Morrissey concert?

Morrissey: The general structure of the venue is quite key, but it's the audience that make the night. At live concerts, people show themselves as they really are, which isn't generally allowed in our constitutionally rigid societies. The love and intensity from the crowd is quite incredible for me to witness. It sets its own terms, so therefore the success of any night doesn't entirely depend upon my own efforts. I turn up in order to watch the crowd, whereas it's generally assumed that they turn up to watch me. The only difference is that I don't have to queue, and I don't get groped by venue security.

- marred.

Hopefully he will play more than 90 min. tomorrow at the Staples, maybe he will give us 10 more min. and thats ok with me.
Hey people, please behave like people, lay off CrystalGeezer, after all, it is a human being that you are hurting. stop the bullying.
anybody has a couple of tickets, or one ticket for Saturday's show at Hollywood High? let me know.

Prepare to be disappoint.

Your not wrong there viva, I've just watched the clips and" I AM sorry they're open !! Bloody hell what are these songs they're tryin to play ? Its a fookin circus freak show ! Please please sounds like a slow waltz down the old folks tea-dance in the local dance hall.
I think he should go back on the sick and get his shit sorted out because . . . . . because. . . . . . .because its SHIT full stop.

Anthony Wilson
looking down

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom