San Diego, CA - Balboa Theatre (Feb. 27, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / Irish Blood, English Heart / November Spawned A Monster / Ouija Board, Ouija Board/ I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Still Ill / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

set list provided by ROBERTBOYRACER

Last edited:
Joke Isn't Funny Jimmy Kimmel
Everyday
How Soon
Irish Blood
November
Ouija Board
Paris
Speedway
Action
Alma Matters
Fatty
You Have Killled Me
Still
To Give (Is The Reason I Live)
Please, Please, Please...
Meat Is Murder
Let Me Kiss You
Boy With A...

ROBERTBOYRACER

If he changed the chorus to That Joke Isn't Funny Jimmy Kimmel, I'll cringe so hard. Please tell me this isn't true, it's almost worse than the lawyer/whip sound/liar bit in Sorrow.

Mozzer needs to keep the pop culture shit out of his lyrics, even if they are live versions. Pop culture references date everything and are beyond tacky, Mozzer's music should be timeless. I really don't want to see Mozzer become the musical version of the Shrek films or Family Guy.

If he changed the chorus to That Joke Isn't Funny Jimmy Kimmel, I'll cringe so hard. Please tell me this isn't true, it's almost worse than the lawyer/whip sound/liar bit in Sorrow.

Mozzer needs to keep the pop culture shit out of his lyrics, even if they are live versions. Pop culture references date everything and are beyond tacky, Mozzer's music should be timeless. I really don't want to see Mozzer become the musical version of the Shrek films or Family Guy.

He also sang "Everyday is like Duckday" as well the mans a joke he should try writing some new songs instead of milking these songs so much.

The messenger

Morrissey sounded awesome. However after a long departure from touring 1 hour 15 minutes? Boy With a Thorn in His Side was a treat and I'm glad he opened with Joke! I was hoping he would continue with that as an opener. I'm am sipping an Anchor Steam at True North in North Park looking for a good Smith/Morrissey after party. I remember the days when radio station/clubs would be out promoting this music.

"Steven, It Was Really Nothing" UH - I don't know what show these others saw but his first three songs he came out struggling with his voice and was dropping words. It got a little better toward the end but he really looked tired. After he introduced the band he stated (something - like) "And Tomorrow - They Will All Be Back In Their Trees" - confused - but really M needs prayers for the rest of this tour. he was NO Shirley Bassey tonight. bummed.....

Please. Moz, of all people, has the right -- if not obligation -- to change his or anyone else's lyrics as he pleases. Life is too long and far, far too short for any of our short lists to be etched in stone.

Please. Moz, of all people, has the right -- if not obligation -- to change his or anyone else's lyrics as he pleases. Life is too long and far, far too short for any of our short lists to be etched in stone.

Oh f*** OFF. People pay good money to see Morrissey perform Morrissey songs, not Morrissey perform parody versions of Morrissey songs. If people wanna see Weird Al, go see Weird Al. I don't wanna Mozzer blending today's lame spat with his songs, if he wants to chat about them between songs, good for him. No will remember this stupid battle in 5 years except the people that look back on the show and think about the lame lyrics.

He also sang "Everyday is like Duckday" as well the mans a joke he should try writing some new songs instead of milking these songs so much.

The messenger

The cheeky bastard even had the stomach to sing the words "Cancel is my middle name" with a grin on his smug mug!

Ann Coates

The messenger

if you were there, or had a brain cell or two, you'd know full well he has, and continues to write new songs. limp dick moron.

Oh f*** OFF. People pay good money to see Morrissey perform Morrissey songs, not Morrissey perform parody versions of Morrissey songs. If people wanna see Weird Al, go see Weird Al. I don't wanna Mozzer blending today's lame spat with his songs, if he wants to chat about them between songs, good for him. No will remember this stupid battle in 5 years except the people that look back on the show and think about the lame lyrics.

then DONT f***ING GO you sap.
anyone whose ever seen Moz knows he constanly changes lyrics for live versions, stay home and listen if you want perfection or wind your weasley neck in.

show was perfect. there was no barricade. i leaned against the stage all night. i made it up during the encore and hugged moz. greatest night. i really hope someone got video of the encore.

"Steven, It Was Really Nothing" UH - I don't know what show these others saw but his first three songs he came out struggling with his voice and was dropping words. It got a little better toward the end but he really looked tired. After he introduced the band he stated (something - like) "And Tomorrow - They Will All Be Back In Their Trees" - confused - but really M needs prayers for the rest of this tour. he was NO Shirley Bassey tonight. bummed.....

The man is less than 3 weeks or so off of recovery from 3 ailiments: barretts espohagus, bleeding ulcer, and anemina. And you are critizing him for strugging a bit, what did you expect, perfection right out the gate. I wonder if you hold your self to such high standards as you do MOZ.

Yes is he is a legend, and yes he is a pro, but hell, he's only human. Give him a break, at least he's back on the "mend" and will enough to perform.

He will get stronger as he gets more shows under his belt.

You on the other hand should not attend any shows or comment on anything related to this tour, I'm afraid it/he will never meet your "high" expectations, go find another "perfect" artist~

I didn't have a problem with a lyric change here and there when it was very witty or even profound and sounded good. "Complicated things of life.." comes to mind. But so many that he goes with today don't make the song better, and as some have mentioned, actually take away from songs that mean so much to people. Its been a while since i've thought "good one" to a lyric change in the live show.

show was perfect. there was no barricade. i leaned against the stage all night. i made it up during the encore and hugged moz. greatest night. i really hope someone got video of the encore.

Sounds like an awesome night! Happy for you!!

The set list is outstanding and I can't wait for videos of the show to start popping up on youtube!

If he doesn't play Last of the Famous International Playboys tomorrow in LA, I AM DISAPPOINT.

You Morrissey "fans' are the reason he has zero respect for his audience. He probably sits back with a plate of rice cakes trolling Morrissey So-low laughing at all of you wankers sitting and arguing over what he should or shouldnt do with his OWN career. You all should politely walk away from your parents basements, step outside and take a breather. Kimmel joked him up on the show, so why shouldnt he defend himself any way he feels. Even if its twisting words to his own songs. Lots of bands change lyrics live.
Its only music.
His music.
His career.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom